BKK to LHR

23 hours ago, tiocfaidh said:

I registered with the UK government and they sent emails stating flights, prices and how many seats were left!

A few airlines still flying, see attachment. 

Screenshot_20200531-080559_KAYAK.jpg

Very interesting - thanks for posting. Some very wide variances in price!

Qatar are showing a daily flight out of BKK departing at 02.10hrs, for the shorter connection time in Doha the cost for economy is high at 70k+, best price is around 34k, but this is a long wait in Doha at over 19 hours............ ????

On 5/31/2020 at 2:08 PM, tiocfaidh said:

I registered with the UK government and they sent emails stating flights, prices and how many seats were left!

Totally confused.

What is this list saying? BKK to London (LHR)??

Never!

It also seems to list useless codeshares.

LOT hasn't flown Bangkok since ages (could be codeshare with LH).
Turkish, no international flights since months. Just restarting domestic today,

I suggest to go through this thread:

Bangkok to London threads seem to grow like mushrooms.

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Totally confused.

Never!

Think you'll find it's just those flights showing prices that are currently operating.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 3:08 PM, tiocfaidh said:

Screenshot_20200531-080559_KAYAK.jpg

Oman Air suspended all operations and I haven't seen any reports that they resumed flying yet !!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Totally confused.

Never!

I dont know what you are on about I am afraid. LHR is the airport code for London Heathrow and BKK for Suvarnhabhumi Bangkok. Nothing to do with code share. Anyway as far as I know EVA fly direct on a Sunday and KLM and Lufthansa fly 1 stop daily.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:32 PM, Upnotover said:

EVA is direct but weekly at the moment, not daily.  Next one 7 June.

Yes and that is on a Sunday , however if you go to their July flights they show at least 4 flights a week and taking bookings . That must be an assumption that certain embargoes are lifted but for sure it will still be a one way ticket for some time to come .  

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes, if you get there the day before you're all OK!

Personally I don't think it'll last (I may be wrong of course) but there are so many people pointing out to our genius Home Secretary (!!) what a stupid idea it is that I think some sort of focussed testing will evolve. That will obviously depend on every airport in the world agreeing on pre-departure tests. 

Up to now many measures have been caused by what governments DIDN'T know rather than what they are now learning. 

Watch this space!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Personally I don't think it'll last (I may be wrong of course) but there are so many people pointing out to our genius Home Secretary (!!) what a stupid idea it is that I think some sort of focussed testing will evolve. That will obviously depend on every airport in the world agreeing on pre-departure tests. 

Up to now many measures have been caused by what governments DIDN'T know rather than what they are now learning. 

Watch this space!

I realize quoting myself is "bad form" but not 2 hours after posting the above, this appeared https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52886724

As I said......Watch this space ????

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

I realize quoting myself is "bad form" but not 2 hours after posting the above, this appeared https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52886724

As I said......Watch this space ????

Just been having a look at the list of exemptions on the Gov website and it's massive, all sorts of people are exempt from the self isolation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

I read through the list of exceptions to this 'self isolation' thing and they all miss the one obvious thing.

Recovered COVID patients are not mentioned anywhere.

People who's blood is full of antibodies and T cells which fight COVID still have to isolate...this will prove to be a big mistake.

It's not an oversight either, they have chosen to leave this category of people off the list, probably for an international political reason.

I can't wait to see what happens when one of the government ministers who has been proven to have recovered from COVID is required to self isolate under the 'test and trace' system they've come up with - it's just a matter of time until that happens, I'd give it a week.

This issue needs addressing, they say there's no proof of immunity but I'd like to see the numbers of confirmed infected who become infected and ill again, I suspect that number is very close to zero unless the patient has a seriously compromised immune system but I have a feeling those patients are all dead.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 8:31 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Totally confused.

Never!

Not confusing at all.

BKK to LHR

If an airline posted a price they will fly the route, maybe around the world but not always.

The aggregator I use is Kayak which is part of Booking Holdings (booking.com)

LOT did not quote so as you suggested they do not fly that route.