Thai bourse expected to react to inflation, US-China tensions next week

Thai bourse expected to react to inflation, US-China tensions next week

By The Nation

800_134a6be10f21f5a.jpg

The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) Index next week (June 1 to 5) is expected to move between 1,300 and 1,380, a Kasikorn Securities stock analyst said.

He said the index support line is between 1,300 and 1,320, while the resistance line is between 1,355 and 1,380.

Meanwhile, he advised investors to monitor Thailand’s inflation rate in May, the Covid-19 situation, and tensions between the US and China.

“As far as US economic data is concerned, we advise following the Purchasing Managers’ Index in manufacturing and service sectors, nonagricultural employment and jobless rate in May,” the analyst said.

“For other international factors, we advise following the European Central Bank’s meeting on monetary policy and the euro-zone and China’s Purchasing Managers’ Index in May.”

On Friday (May 29), the SET Index closed at 1,342.85, up 2.98 per cent from the previous week, while average daily transaction was Bt77.688 billion, up 15.22 per cent from the previous week.

Meanwhile, the Market for Alternative Investment closed at 284.87, up 4.09 per cent from the previous week.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30388796

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-31

25 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) Index next week (June 1 to 5) is expected to move between 1,300 and 1,380, a Kasikorn Securities stock analyst said.

25 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

He said the index support line is between 1,300 and 1,320, while the resistance line is between 1,355 and 1,380.

26 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

On Friday (May 29), the SET Index closed at 1,342.85, up 2.98 per cent from the previous week

I must say that Kasikorn Securities knows how to pick their geniuses! This guy is marvelous! He just blame his expected change on whatever he can find. After that he estimate a prediction that is approximately going to be same as last week, the week before that and even the week before the week before. My God, he is smart!

He predicts that the index is going to move between 1,300 to 1,380. Friday they closed about 3% up from the week before and landed at about 1,343 to make it easy. That means the change was about about 0,040 up. Let´s now say this guy is set in the middle. He gives himself a possible change of 0,080 total. That will be a possibility of 0,040 up or 0,040 down. Looks like he might be right! Does this guy have a crystal ball?

????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

... > I must say that Kasikorn Securities knows how to pick their geniuses! This guy is marvelous! He just blame his expected change on whatever he can find. After that he estimate a prediction that is approximately going to be same as last week, the week before that and even the week before the week before. My God, he is smart!

He predicts that the index is going to move between 1,300 to 1,380. Friday they closed about 3% up from the week before and landed at about 1,343 to make it easy. That means the change was about about 0,040 up. Let´s now say this guy is set in the middle. He gives himself a possible change of 0,080 total. That will be a possibility of 0,040 up or 0,040 down. Looks like he might be right! Does this guy have a crystal ball? <---

My banker just told me that NOW is the right time to invest some money in an SET index fund .

What do you think about that ?

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

... > I must say that Kasikorn Securities knows how to pick their geniuses! This guy is marvelous! He just blame his expected change on whatever he can find. After that he estimate a prediction that is approximately going to be same as last week, the week before that and even the week before the week before. My God, he is smart!

He predicts that the index is going to move between 1,300 to 1,380. Friday they closed about 3% up from the week before and landed at about 1,343 to make it easy. That means the change was about about 0,040 up. Let´s now say this guy is set in the middle. He gives himself a possible change of 0,080 total. That will be a possibility of 0,040 up or 0,040 down. Looks like he might be right! Does this guy have a crystal ball? <---

My banker just told me that NOW is the right time to invest some money in an SET index fund .

Thailand is a sure bet! Whatever happens, the Thai Baht grows stronger. I am pretty sure, that if I buy a pair of new shoes, the Baht will go up three points. ????

Really??? I would not make any investments in Thailand. Even if it looks safe on the paper and seen by the statistics. I feel it´s too unsafe, as well as it´s always a risks that you will miss something important and break the law. Unintentionally or not, it could be expensive.

However, if you have a bag of money and a great idea, it could be right to launch a company. Okey, it´s more work, but with the right implementation and focus built on a great idea, you will make more money.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:09 PM, nobodysfriend said:

If your banker said it it must be true