Phetchaburi's beaches open for visitors from June 1

rooster59

Phetchaburi's beaches open for visitors from June 1

By THE NATION

800_2df4ea0db038b7f.jpg

Phetchburi will reopen its beaches on June 1 and people will also be allowed to engage in some activities on the beaches.

The order by provincial Govenor Kobchai Boonorana is in line with the government's further easing of the country's lockdown, beginning June 1.

Among the permissible activities on the beaches are taking a walk, sitting and resting, selling products and food, beach chairs and umbrella service as well as horse riding.

Prohibited activities include swimming, jet ski, kite surfing, banana boat, and other water sports.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388806

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-31

19 minutes ago, lensta said:

"Prohibited activities include swimming"

Does Govenor Kobchai Boonorana have 1 functioning brain cell?

Absolutely and completely nuts!!  But it's Ok to swim in a condo pool?

It seems that this Covid has brought out all the little Hitler meglomanicas.  My mate up in Udonthani still can't use his village pool, as the local t$&ts in the Amphur are restricting it, 2 weeks after it was relaxed at Federal level.

• Like 1

No swimming? Well what the hell does he think people go to the beach for? As if I'm going to drive 3-4 hours from Bangkok to walk on a Petchaburi beach if I can't go into the water. Might as well continue watching YouTube videos of the beach.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drbeach said:

No swimming? Well what the hell does he think people go to the beach for? As if I'm going to drive 3-4 hours from Bangkok to walk on a Petchaburi beach if I can't go into the water. Might as well continue watching YouTube videos of the beach.

I've seen and smelled the water.  It's a judgement call. 

I'm surprised they allow swimming at all on many Thai beaches, given the bacteria loading.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1