ThaiChana compulsory for visits to 10 Bangkok markets

rooster59

ThaiChana compulsory for visits to 10 Bangkok markets

By The Nation

800_82a69bbe733f9b9.jpg

People who visit 10 markets in Bangkok must check in and check out via the ThaiChana platform from Saturday (May 30), the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)’s Data Centre said on Friday.

The 10 markets are:

▪︎ Chatuchak Weekend Market, Chatuchak district

▪︎ Prachaniwet 1 Market 1, Chatuchak district

▪︎ Muang Min Market, Min Buri district

▪︎ Bang Kapi Market (Latprao 127)

▪︎ Singha Market, Khlong Toei district

▪︎ Nong Chok Market, Nong Chok district

▪︎ Thonburi Market (Sanam Luang 2), Thawi Watthana district

▪︎ Devaraja Market, Dusit district

▪︎ Rat Burana Market, Rat Burana district

▪︎ Ratchadaphisek Market, Thonburi district

“The BMA will set up signs with QR code and send officials to publicise among people in the market area,” the officials at BMA Data Centre said. “Meanwhile, we would like to ask customers and retailers in the market to wear face mask and undergo the BMA measures to contain the spread of Covid-19.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388800

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-31

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Tazman2010 said:

you can scan it with a regular QR code scanner of any make.  The scanned QR code takes you to the site where you check-in and check-out.  Additionally, they ask if sanitizer was accessible and a few other questions after checking out...

I don't know why people think they must use Line and that it accesses all their contacts.

I use a simple QR scanner (with annoying ads though)

• Like 2

Its not only in Bangkok, Its pretty much every market in Thailand. I live in Kalasin and every market up here you got to scan the QR code or sign in your name and telephone number on clip board. Majority of people here just sign.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Its not only in Bangkok, Its pretty much every market in Thailand. I live in Kalasin and every market up here you got to scan the QR code or sign in your name and telephone number on clip board. Majority of people here just sign.

Lots of fake names on those clipboard papers. Donald Trump and Mickey Mouse are popular choices ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, time2093 said:

I hope they're doing at better job than at Big C in Udon.

Leaving the house, I genuinely forgot to take my mask. Arrived at Big C, girl at check-in said 'no mask'. I told her I'd forgotten it, and asked if there a shop selling them?

She pointed to a drinks stall outside. Bought a new cloth one for 25 Baht and went in to Big C.

I was asked for my mobile phone. Said I didn't have one.

It was a lie, but my battery was very low and I was worried it would die while scanning, entering info, etc. Thought it would be easier to 'sign in'.

Another girl wanted me to write my details. The first girl said to the second girl that I'd been scanned already, and I was allowed to pass.

I have absolutely no idea why the first girl said that. As we say here, "Up to them."

Out of interest, I see Peterdk said after scanning, that you are taken to a website to 'check-in'.

Does the website access your mobile to read your mobile number automatically, or do you need to type it in yourself each time?

Edited by bluesofa
grammar

So what happens if there's an outbreak and your on the ThaiChana list?
1. Do you get a free COVID19 test?
2. Get ordered to self quarantine?

3. Get sent into State quarantine?
Not mention about this yet but I guess State Quarantine as it's a nice little earner!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

She pointed to a drinks stall outside. Bought a new cloth one for 25 Baht and went in to Big C

Part of the national identity pointing is .. 

I was asked for my mobile phone. Said

use your own .? What a cheeky little minx asking for your dog & bone .. 

It was a lie, but my battery was very low

and down in the dumps .. 

Thought it would be easier to 'sign in'.

Another girl wanted me to write my details. The first girl said to the second girl that I'd been scanned already, and I was allowed to pass.

I have absolutely no idea why the first girl said that. As we say here, "Up to them."

Hahahahaha .. another girl wanted me to write my details .. Blimey she took a shine to you pronto .. 

The first said to the 2nd " him scanned aleady let him pass " .. Hahahaha superb , I was crying with laughter at that .. There are some real gems in there Mr Sofa ..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tazman2010 said:

you can scan it with a regular QR code scanner of any make.  The scanned QR code takes you to the site where you check-in and check-out.

So if I have Line and a data plan then there is no need for me download the ThaiChana app.  Is that correct?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

So what happens if there's an outbreak and your on the ThaiChana list?
1. Do you get a free COVID19 test?
2. Get ordered to self quarantine?

3. Get sent into State quarantine?
Not mention about this yet but I guess State Quarantine as it's a nice little earner!

1: You will get a text message (SMS) that you can use to get a free COVID-19 test.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I hope they're doing at better job than at Big C in Udon.

Leaving the house, I genuinely forgot to take my mask. Arrived at Big C, girl at check-in said 'no mask'. I told her I'd forgotten it, and asked if there a shop selling them?

She pointed to a drinks stall outside. Bought a new cloth one for 25 Baht and went in to Big C.

I was asked for my mobile phone. Said I didn't have one.

It was a lie, but my battery was very low and I was worried it would die while scanning, entering info, etc. Thought it would be easier to 'sign in'.

Out of interest, I see Peterdk said after scanning, that you are taken to a website to 'check-in'.

Does the website access your mobile to read your mobile number automatically, or do you need to type it in yourself each time?

The first time you check in, you type your phone number yourself. On subsequent check-ins it will not ask for a phone number (it probably sets a cookie the first time).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, madmen said:

Darwin will take care of those scribbling down Micky mouse and a fake number. With a bit of luck removal from the gene pool may occur

ok so lets see. 10 000 farang sign a day times 9 carry the 4 then subtract 1/4 and you end up with you sound super strange.

less than 70 people have died in thailand from the scary wuwu. darwin just called me and said he wants to sue you for misrepresenting his theory. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

At Big C Extra Pattaya I've seen a few falang just walk in and out without using the QR code or using the book, staff don't stop them. They will probably get stricter soon

or just forget about the whole thing in two or three weeks like normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ThaiChana has little to do with the need to identify corona infections. rather, it is the first step in the complete surveillance of people. In my opinion, the proof is given that you have to register again in every single store in a shopping center. This is not a prevention, but a further step towards controlling and restricting personal freedom.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, scandream said:

ThaiChana has little to do with the need to identify corona infections. rather, it is the first step in the complete surveillance of people. In my opinion, the proof is given that you have to register again in every single store in a shopping center. This is not a prevention, but a further step towards controlling and restricting personal freedom.

the proof is given that you have to register again in every single store in a shopping center.

isn't that simply proof of a badly designed/developed app? surely a well designed app would not require the same data being input multiple times?

another couple of questions;

who is inputting the data collected by pen and paper? - and who is checking this is being done?

who is doing all the tracing?

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Lots of fake names on those clipboard papers. Donald Trump and Mickey Mouse are popular choices ????

I noted where Mr. Bean and Queen Elizabeth had signed in before me.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TenderSeveralKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

I was in and out of Siam Paragon this afternoon...

They had the QR code signs up for scanning to sign in and out at all the entrances I saw. But the mall staff manning those seemed very typically lakadaisical, and lots of Thais were walking in and out and totally ignoring the checkin-out function.

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was in and out of Siam Paragon this afternoon...

They had the QR code signs up for scanning to sign in and out at all the entrances I saw. But the mall staff manning those seemed very typically lakadaisical, and lots of Thais were walking in and out and totally ignoring the checkin-out function.

I have noticed that Thai people are pretty good at dealing with rules that make no sense.

• Like 1