NASA resumes human spaceflight from U.S. soil with historic SpaceX launch

rooster59

And no surprise to see how Americans react on Twitter :

- "No front facing camera on the rocket again? And more CGI instead of video footage?"

- "I'm just going to say that the fake moon landing looked more convincing than that SpaceX thing yesterday and that was 50 years ago."

- "NASA don't exist. Gov did it fake every time. They were having issues with green screen this time and hence they postponed the launch."

- Etc.

Stupid people!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

- "No front facing camera on the rocket again? And more CGI instead of video footage?"

- "I'm just going to say that the fake moon landing looked more convincing than that SpaceX thing yesterday and that was 50 years ago."

- "NASA don't exist. Gov did it fake every time. They were having issues with green screen this time and hence they postponed the launch."

- Etc.

Stupid people!

You missed the flat earth tweets too, those are my favorites....lol

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sevenhills said:

More NASA lies, BS and Computor Generated Images. But the sheep blindly believe it.????

As someone who has seen the Space Shuttle lift off, I can confidently and comfortably say to you....BAAAAAAHH! If you are trolling....whatever....if you actually dont believe they are in space....you are a fool.

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

- Etc.

Stupid people!

Oh yah. Those were tweets you decided to include. Get a life dude! Was there anything positive you could add to this? Or just a miserable guy continuing in misery.

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

It is truly great to see humans reaching for the stars!

Some might question why humans are flying to space during a global pandemic/global economic crisis, but I wholeheartedly support the idea. Space launches, space exploration, the development of more regular space travel, the (eventual) moon colonies, and so much more keep humanity on a path of discovery and 'boldly going where no man has gone before'; what would human history be like if someone said to Christopher Columbus "Hey! We have troubles at home. Stop wasting money on hair-brained schemes!"?

It is great to see the transition from government-implemented space travel to one led by the private sector. Yes, it was the right thing for governments to do in the past as only they had the resources to effectively begin such a process, but it is equally the right thing now to step back and unleash the power and innovation of the private sector.

While I am terribly pleased to see space travel continuing on, there needs to be some serious global dialogue about how humanity will manage its ascent to the stars. Who 'owns' the Moon? Who will 'own' any asteroid that gets mined? What law will govern activities in space? Who will enforce that law? Who will make it? 

There are so many questions/issues regarding the future of humanity in space that will need to be addressed; sadly, I suspect that it'll be a case of 'making it up as you go along'. Wouldn't it be nice if somehow Humanity could set aside some of its petty differences and create a framework for space that benefited everyone?

Yes, I know that I am dreaming, but...

Splendid post.

This success of Musk's will put the sorid Thai cave affair firmly behind him

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Oh yah. Those were tweets you decided to include. Get a life dude! Was there anything positive you could add to this? Or just a miserable guy continuing in misery.

Uh? Of course these are tweets I choose to include. It's what you do too when you quote other people posts. :jap:

I just can't understand why - in 2020 - there are so many Americans who believe that the Earth is flat, and that the Man never walked on the moon and that all space missions are fake ! :blink:

BTW: Dragon now approaching ISS :

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

Crazy wide image of the International Space Station just now as Dragon approaches, unlike others, maybe because of cameras on Dragon. Zoom full screen for effect. (Bwa ha ha, mobile guys)  For those who like the humanity angle, this is the station that humanity build. Just a guess, maybe people from 50 to 100 or more nations have worked on various parts of it.

I heard today 100,000+ people in total worked on the Crew Dragon project. That's got to be a melting pot in California.

station.png.4ddedc3816bf7281e2651c168ce17ad4.png

14 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? Of course these are tweets I choose to include. It's what you do too when you quote other people posts. :jap:

I just can't understand why - in 2020 - there are so many Americans who believe that the Earth is flat, and that the Man never walked on the moon and that all space missions are fake ! :blink:

BTW: Dragon now approaching ISS :

Oh and no one in England or Switzerland or where ever believe this?  330 million in USA and 50 million in England. Sure a few more Americans have whacked out beliefs. Stop being so naive loser.