BANGKOK
sunfruitdan

Visa options for after 31st July free automatic visa ends?

My girlfriend and I personally want to stay in Thailand for at least a couple more months after July the 31st without leaving the country, is there any visa company out there offering any special types of visas we can buy to stay for this length of time? We would then after this period of time if we want to stay longer then we would get an ED visa.

• Haha 2

You cannot apply for a visa within the country unless you can meet the requirements for certain extension of stay.

There is no extension of stay you would qualify for after July 31st to stay for an additional two months.

No agent would be able to help you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for a visa within the country unless you can meet the requirements for certain extension of stay.

There is no extension of stay you would qualify for after July 31st to stay for an additional two months.

Only IF The Visa Amnesty is Lengthened He would be O.K then wouldn't he Joe ??

15 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

If the amnesty for permits to stay was extended they could stay until it ends.

They might be able to get a special 30 day extension with a letter from their embassy if they were unable to travel to their home country.

4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

I don't think there is any chance of that, it took them long enough to start the amnesty.

12 hours ago, sunfruitdan said:

My girlfriend and I personally want to stay in Thailand for at least a couple more months after July the 31st without leaving the country, is there any visa company out there offering any special types of visas we can buy to stay for this length of time? We would then after this period of time if we want to stay longer then we would get an ED visa.

I see ads by visa company in facebook for sometype of Volunteer visa.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mulambana said:

I see ads by visa company in facebook for sometype of Volunteer visa.

No such visa without a work permit. The real Sun Fruit Dan has been working and living in Thailand for years and must know the ins and outs of visas. Are you not him? 

Edited by ThaiWai

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not even ED visa is possible?

3 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

No such visa without a work permit. The real Sun Fruit Dan has been working and living in Thailand for years and must know the ins and outs of visas. Are you not him? 

To get the non-o volunteer visa the first time, you don't need the work permit.

Only needed when you extend your visa which is 90 days.

And of course at the location of volunteering work you can't do anything unless you has the work permit.

I got mine by:

* letter from company

* thai embassy obtain visa non o volunteer

* fly in Thailand

* get some documents like doctor and residence etc..

* going to the ministry of labor for the WP

and after a few days you get the WP.

One year later you need get a new visa, in the application they ask for 'copy workpermit if you have got it in the year before'.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

May be the company will also get a Work Permit. I don't know I just mentioned that there are ads and he can follow through if he wants. 
I am living part year in Thailand for more than 15 years, now of course trapped due to the virus. My agents do everything. Visas, driver's license, buying and selling cars,  90-day reports, TM-30, etc.,buying/selling condos every thing. I concentrate  on making money and share a miniscule portions with agents.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, darrendsd said:

A ED Visa is possible if you entered the country on either a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa

I spoke to a agent last week who is offering this

But a person on the "automatic extension" until July 31st may not be able to do it. Immigration has refused to accept those for for a nonimmigrant visa application. I am aware of case that started a month or so ago who was using an agent and he was told to get a letter from his embassy to apply for a special extension to do it.

• Thanks 1