Visa options for after 31st July free automatic visa ends?

My girlfriend and I personally want to stay in Thailand for at least a couple more months after July the 31st without leaving the country, is there any visa company out there offering any special types of visas we can buy to stay for this length of time? We would then after this period of time if we want to stay longer then we would get an ED visa.

• Haha 2

You cannot apply for a visa within the country unless you can meet the requirements for certain extension of stay.

There is no extension of stay you would qualify for after July 31st to stay for an additional two months.

No agent would be able to help you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for a visa within the country unless you can meet the requirements for certain extension of stay.

There is no extension of stay you would qualify for after July 31st to stay for an additional two months.

Only IF The Visa Amnesty is Lengthened He would be O.K then wouldn't he Joe ??

15 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

If the amnesty for permits to stay was extended they could stay until it ends.

They might be able to get a special 30 day extension with a letter from their embassy if they were unable to travel to their home country.

4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

I don't think there is any chance of that, it took them long enough to start the amnesty.

12 hours ago, sunfruitdan said:

My girlfriend and I personally want to stay in Thailand for at least a couple more months after July the 31st without leaving the country, is there any visa company out there offering any special types of visas we can buy to stay for this length of time? We would then after this period of time if we want to stay longer then we would get an ED visa.

I see ads by visa company in facebook for sometype of Volunteer visa.

1 hour ago, Mulambana said:

I see ads by visa company in facebook for sometype of Volunteer visa.

No such visa without a work permit. The real Sun Fruit Dan has been working and living in Thailand for years and must know the ins and outs of visas. Are you not him? 

Edited by ThaiWai

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not even ED visa is possible?

3 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

No such visa without a work permit. The real Sun Fruit Dan has been working and living in Thailand for years and must know the ins and outs of visas. Are you not him? 

To get the non-o volunteer visa the first time, you don't need the work permit.

Only needed when you extend your visa which is 90 days.

And of course at the location of volunteering work you can't do anything unless you has the work permit.

I got mine by:

* letter from company

* thai embassy obtain visa non o volunteer

* fly in Thailand

* get some documents like doctor and residence etc..

* going to the ministry of labor for the WP

and after a few days you get the WP.

One year later you need get a new visa, in the application they ask for 'copy workpermit if you have got it in the year before'.

9 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

May be the company will also get a Work Permit. I don't know I just mentioned that there are ads and he can follow through if he wants. 
I am living part year in Thailand for more than 15 years, now of course trapped due to the virus. My agents do everything. Visas, driver's license, buying and selling cars,  90-day reports, TM-30, etc.,buying/selling condos every thing. I concentrate  on making money and share a miniscule portions with agents.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, darrendsd said:

A ED Visa is possible if you entered the country on either a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa

I spoke to a agent last week who is offering this

But a person on the "automatic extension" until July 31st may not be able to do it. Immigration has refused to accept those for for a nonimmigrant visa application. I am aware of case that started a month or so ago who was using an agent and he was told to get a letter from his embassy to apply for a special extension to do it.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But a person on the "automatic extension" until July 31st may not be able to do it. Immigration has refused to accept those for for a nonimmigrant visa application. I am aware of case that started a month or so ago who was using an agent and he was told to get a letter from his embassy to apply for a special extension to do it.

Assuming that someone hadn't used their regular 30-day visa exempt (or tourist visa) extension before the automatic extension kicked in, do you reckon getting that extension towards the end of the automatic one would also work to make you eligible for a conversion to a non-immigrant visa?

Edited by Caldera
Typo
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Assuming that someone hadn't used their regular 30-day visa exempt (or tourist visa) extension before the automatic extension kicked in, do you reckon getting that extension towards the end of the automatic one would also work to make you eligible for a conversion to a non-immigrant visa?

It might work but it is hard to predict what immigration will do or allow.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2020 at 6:48 AM, Mulambana said:

May be the company will also get a Work Permit. I don't know I just mentioned that there are ads and he can follow through if he wants. 
I am living part year in Thailand for more than 15 years, now of course trapped due to the virus. My agents do everything. Visas, driver's license, buying and selling cars,  90-day reports, TM-30, etc.,buying/selling condos every thing. I concentrate  on making money and share a miniscule portions with agents.

How much does this service cost @Mulambana?

On 5/31/2020 at 8:10 AM, at15 said:

Not possible , you would have to obtain from another country.  Even so, you would probably be denied. I would not waste my time to be honest. 

Why will be denied? After 31th july I want to travel to Vietnam and then return with a 2 months tourist visa, is not possible? Even if they deny me in the thai embassy, if I return in a flight I would have (in theory) 30 days of visa. Vietnam don't have covid19 cases, so I guess after august Thailand will not force a 14 days quarantine to flights from Vietnam. I guess after 31th of july the restrictions in Thailand will be more logical, but anything is possible with this ilogical leaders. Sorry for my english.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Why will be denied? After 31th july I want to travel to Vietnam and then return with a 2 months tourist visa, is not possible? Even if they deny me in the thai embassy, if I return in a flight I would have (in theory) 30 days of visa. Vietnam don't have covid19 cases, so I guess after august Thailand will not force a 14 days quarantine to flights from Vietnam. I guess after 31th of july the restrictions in Thailand will be more logical, but anything is possible with this ilogical leaders. Sorry for my english.

Good Luck you have made lots of assumptions but you should wait until the Goverment  provides an update

I suspect Visa on arrival and visa exemption will be suspended until further notice and all visa's issued will be via Thai embassy 

8 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

No guarantee you can make it back into Thailand. Here TV news they are talking selective travel country bubble

I would like to be in Bangkok august and september, but if there are many difficulties to return with the visa, I will choose another asian place, I can go 30 days to an asian country, and 30 days to another. I imagine that some countries will not be as restrictive as Thailand. Now for example in Thailand, we don't have covid19 cases and we continue with this ilogical curfew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 2:04 AM, Dart12 said:

I'm hoping they allow this too.  I haven't been able to experience anything about Thailand while here.  It's just been an expensive long flight over here to get locked up in an apartment building for months.

You think they would do this though.  They aren't getting any more tourists coming in, and I spend good money into their economy.

Not enough tourists left to make any difference to the GDP loss and they probably want you to go home.

Edited by tribalfusion001

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Not enough tourists left to make any difference to the GDP loss and they probably want you to go home.

I often hear these "GDP" arguments, which ignore the indiviual lives harmed by businesses closing due to loss of foreigners who spent foreign-sourced income into them.  Thais don't get paid by "the GDP" - they rely on jobs or own the businesses the create them.  Unless a foreigner in question is "doing harm," why would it be beneficial for them to "go home"? 

And, of course, "home" is not where they have to go anyway, because many other countries are happy to help their citizens, by allowing foreigners' spending in their economies. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, madmen said:
4 hours ago, jonga80 said:

Why will be denied? After 31th july I want to travel to Vietnam and then return with a 2 months tourist visa, is not possible? //

No guarantee you can make it back into Thailand. Here TV news they are talking selective travel country bubble

Not even guarantee that he can make it to Vietnam in the first place!

Still closed. No opening date given yet.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Unless a foreigner in question is "doing harm," why would it be beneficial for them to "go home"?

To Thais?  Not at all.  To salty expats who hate every other expat, revel in their misfortune and try to make themselves appear superior to them in whatever tiny way they can manage?  It means a great deal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Not even guarantee that he can make it to Vietnam in the first place!

Still closed. No opening date given yet.

Yes, the opening date is the 1st of July.

After 31th of July only the countries with stupid governments will continue with the restrictions, so one of them will be Thailand at 99%.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Yes, the opening date [of Vietnam] is the 1st of July. //

I don't think so. There is a discussion in an other thread. Vietnam announced that asking an eVisa will be available again in July, but didn't say anything (AFAIK) about who will be accepted and about requirements to come.

Edit: No official announcement that I saw, but these kind of limitations : "Vietnam would consider opening its borders to foreign visitors – if the country they are coming from has gone 30 days without any new cases of COVID-19, experts have said" from here by example.

Edited by Pattaya46