Visa options for after 31st July free automatic visa ends?

Read a bangkok post from today. Thailand wants to create travel bubble. No free movements in this country anymore. Buy trip in his hin stay in hua hin.That's all

That the answer for yours question what will happen efter amnesty is finish

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I don't think so. There is a discussion in an other thread. Vietnam announced that asking an eVisa will be available again in July, but didn't say anything (AFAIK) about who will be accepted and about requirements to come.

Edit: No official announcement that I saw, but these kind of limitations : "Vietnam would consider opening its borders to foreign visitors – if the country they are coming from has gone 30 days without any new cases of COVID-19, experts have said" from here by example.

Ok, so we will see in july. In Europe they are opening borders, countries like Italy, France or Spain which had thousands and thousands covid19 cases. I know Asia is very different, but in some countries I don't see any reason to continue with high travel restrictions. Vietnam should be one of the first opening borders because they contained very well the virus. 

No one on this forum see a reason. Only government do. If Thailand open it is border with other asia countries that mean that amnesty is finish.

But it is not sure if vietnam open its border to European countries. 

Do you getting point?

• Haha 1

In other words can happen that Vietnam will require 14 quarantine for European nations. But that maybe ok. 

Later on you can move free in their country. But when you enter Thailand . No free movements .

What is say to you?

Must read Bangkok post.

25 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

No free movements .

That is wrong. They have already lifted the travel restrictions other than to the few provinces that are sill in a lockown.

Buses are running as well as flights to most provinces.

49 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Ok, so we will see in july. In Europe they are opening borders, countries like Italy, France or Spain which had thousands and thousands covid19 cases. I know Asia is very different, but in some countries I don't see any reason to continue with high travel restrictions. Vietnam should be one of the first opening borders because they contained very well the virus. 

contained it very well, so lets open the borders and let thousands of possible covid- 19

carriers in 

edit - same applies to Thailand

Edited by steve187

5 hours ago, Trolleen said:

Read a bangkok post from today. Thailand wants to create travel bubble. No free movements in this country anymore. Buy trip in his hin stay in hua hin.That's all

That the answer for yours question what will happen efter amnesty is finish

I think they meant countries not province. In any case TAT in its latest release clearly say they will only allow low C19 countries so UK and USA are out, a terrible outcome for those stranded

5 hours ago, jonga80 said:

Countries like Vietnam, that have eliminated the virus within their own borders, have a strong motivation to maintain strong border controls so their virus free status is maintained. In countries with uncontrolled community virus transmission, allowing a few infected foreigners into the country really does not matter. It is not going to meaningfully worsen an already bad situation.

You'll need to leave the country, like others have said. I visa-exemption stamp would be an option (depending on which country you are from). Still have to leave the country, but no need for hotel, etc. Check the COVID requirements to enter the country you will be going to, as well as to re-enter Thailand.

@sunfruitdan

We would then after this period of time if we want to stay longer then we would get an ED visa.

You'll need to fork the cash to a school (and actually attend most lessons). Will take between 1-3 months just to prepare the documents to present at an embassy out of Thailand (and maybe more, since the MOE might be overburdened already, from everything going on). Might get refused at the embassy, not that likely if you don't have too many visas/stamps in your passport, and all the needed documents, but we never know with COVID (make sure the school you choose has a refund policy though, because you could end up losing the full deposit/amount if they don't offer a refund if refused the visa, which a lot of schools do this).

Edited by ThLT