Arrivals to Phuket from eight provinces must observe quarantine

rooster59

Arrivals to Phuket from eight provinces must observe quarantine

By The Phuket News

1590821353_1-org.jpg

More than 100 Myanmar workers boarded buses to head home from Phuket yesterday (May 29). Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: People arriving in Phuket from eight “risk area” provinces must home quarantine for 14 days after arriving on the island, Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana announced yesterday (May 29).

The order comes while Phuket airport still remains closed to all commercial domestic flights and the bridge onto the island remains closed to all unauthorised travellers.

Even interprovincial bus services to or from Phuket remain suspended, while services to other parts of the country have resumed.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/arrivals-to-phuket-from-eight-provinces-must-observe-quarantine-76236.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-31

At the meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee at Provincial Hall yesterday, Governor Phakaphong said that all people arriving from Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Narathiwat, Yala, Krabi, Prachinburi, Samut Prakan and Chiang Mai must observe a 14-day quarantine after arriving on the island.

----------------------------------------------------

again actions not matching the released figures and data (the words)

what does he know that the general public seemingly don't 

I hope this is picked up by Bangkok and Chiang Mai News. Does this also mean that Phuket will be treated the same way. My thoughts though is that the Governor is treating these people as captive tourists. Was he part of the corruption of backhanders from hotels that were to be used as Quarantine sites? ????‍♂️

Been years since I visited Phuket, was not impressed with the crazy Eruopeans

who drove like there were not rules or laws to follow. It will be many years before I go back

to Phuket if ever. I did like the scenery and the Thai people I met though.

Geezer

On 6/1/2020 at 2:23 AM, Old Croc said:

This is about people who need to return to Phuket because their homes, families, work or life is here.

No one cares about your selfish little foibles.

I do know of Thai people who have not been able to get back here for one reason or another, I see one Thai lady I know has managed to get back last week at least now she can open her restaurant and earn some money