The Londoner Pub is opening June 1st

ChipButty

Is your favourite Bar opening soon?

British Pub & Sports Bar Bangkok

Established in 1997, a 40 year old veteran of Thailand (originally from London) decided that Bangkok lacked a decent British pub to have
a beer and watch sporting events…. And so he established the Londoner Brew Pub, now Bangkok’s oldest micro-brewery. We pride ourselves on offering casual but high quality food and superb house brewed craft beer, with great service in a relaxed, family-friendly, atmosphere.

Open-soon.jpg

33 minutes ago, DaLa said:

I'm polishing my shoes and getting my best clothes ready now.    Just one question....any beer?  I can accept the no swearing in a pub, I can live with the no smoking in a pub, and certainly acceptable with no fighting.  But pubs just have a strange atmosphere to me if they don't serve beer.

Serving beer also

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

That’s not legal. Is it?

Technically beer served of site someone told me they have an area for you to have a beer how that works Im not sure

32 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Used to visit every Friday night when it was at Soi 33 #officegirls

how is the place now that it’s miles away from anywhere? 

Ladies night on Wednesday nights was the one to go for....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Technically beer served of site someone told me they have an area for you to have a beer how that works Im not sure

Wow, great idea. You buy from one pub to take out which is legal. You then take it round the corner to another pub and drink it there...so legal. The guys in the pub you are now drinking at have bought their beer there and have gone to the pub you bought yours in. Again  legal.  When do we start?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

Wow, great idea. You buy from one pub to take out which is legal. You then take it round the corner to another pub and drink it there...so legal. The guys in the pub you are now drinking at have bought their beer there and have gone to the pub you bought yours in. Again  legal.  When do we start?

Yeah, right, the pub that doesn't sell alcohol for consumption there is going to let you consume beer bought from another pub on their premises free of charge in contravention of the regulation that makes it illegal to consume alcohol on the premises?  Get real.

10 minutes ago, jimn said:

I have heard of a pub in the UK that is bending the rules and getting away with it. They are serving take away draught beer and customers are taking the beer outside and drinking in the beer garden that is a little off the pub site. Drink it up and go and get another.

Obviously going to be different here, but I can remember years ago the rules on Beer gardens were not required to be part of the licensed premises. On that basis you could accompany your parents and have an alcoholic drink legally.

I can think of numerous pubs in Derbyshire I frequent that you could buy alcohol  and then consume it 'off premises', for example on the picturesque village green.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Yeah, right, the pub that doesn't sell alcohol for consumption there is going to let you consume beer bought from another pub on their premises free of charge in contravention of the regulation that makes it illegal to consume alcohol on the premises?  Get real.

I pulled out a large singha at an outdoor fish place last week..200m from the cop shop...no worries.

25 minutes ago, wordchild said:

i used to love the old place. I know they had to move but, for me anyways, terrible new location;  zero chance of me ever going there, which is a shame.

Big loss for this area of Suk

Maybe Covid-19 will give them an opportunity to move back into their old area. Plenty of failing businesses  with too much space along Suk.

13 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I really liked the Sunday buffet they used to do on Sukhumvit, I went there many times while living in Bangkok.

Ahhh the Sunday buffets yes, and I have some fond memories of big sports nights in there in my early years in Bangkok. Nowhere else has quite captured it, for me.

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Whats the new one like? old one had all the atmoshere of a multi story car park, went in once in 2003 thought it was horrid.

Agree with you on the old one.  Dark, dingy, no atmosphere, no reason to go (except ladies night).

New one is just near Pattanakarn 32.  It is infinitely nicer than the old one.  Nicely done out, light and airy, very high ceiling.  Ground floor is the bar with sofas, high tables, and some eating tables, upstairs is a restaurant with open kitchen.  Food is good.  

The place is always pretty busy with a good mixture of Thais and foreigners and families.  I happen to live in that area so quite good for me.  Would I make a special journey to go there?  Probably not unless for a Sunday roast - it's a nice Sunday afternoon place.

Tenderloins also opened up about 50m away and by contrast it is almost always empty.  Dingy, claustrophobic, not nice at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wordchild said:

Maybe Covid-19 will give them an opportunity to move back into their old area. Plenty of failing businesses  with too much space along Suk.

Unlikely.  They own the building they are now in (they built it from scratch) so they are there to stay, and they seem to be doing pretty well.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moontang said:
4 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I pulled out a large singha at an outdoor fish place last week..200m from the cop shop...no worries.

Try that in a pub.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Try that in a pub.

Why would I, pubs are closed, and never seen one selling fish that was anything more than frozen, over breaded, and fried...but for some reason if you add canned Heinz beans you can charge triple.  BTW, the OP is the same arrogant self promotion that brought the pub business to its knees before COVID...My great empire is reopening, come join us...lol, no mention of the most basic happy hour promo, or at least some free lancer in a Tiger dress...Apparently, the TAT aren't the only delusional ones..I don't need a government reminder to distance myself from places like that.

Edited by moontang