Retirement extension medical

I would just like to ask anyone who does their yearly retirement visa extension at Kanchanaburi, what type of medical certificate you have been getting. I ask this because one particuar place wants to do blood tests, another wants to do X Rays and so on. Last 2 years I have got mine from Thanakarn hosp, no bloods, but they do the X Ray, this was 900 last year, price this year nearly 2,000. Of course thereis te option of going to a medical center and getting one for 50 Baht but I doubt that would be acceptable. I'm just interested to know what others have done.

I asked the witch at Immigration office, but as usual got no help, she just kept saying medical certificate.

• Confused 1

Just do the cheap one, go to Immigration with it. In worst case scenario you have to go again to the hospital, for a more complete check up, and best scenario,, you save 1.950 baht.....

Good luck

glegolo

Well we are never sure what they want are we? it seems every office has its own set of rules, and in particular Kanchanaburi has a very nasty witch who takes great delight in making life as hard as she can. I'm going to try the cheaper option and see how I go. Many thanks.

• Like 2

It's also out of date.  Although dated today, there's no mention of the fairly recent requirement to show the 800,000 was in the bank 3 months later.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Very strange, never heard of this before, I've been here 15 years and the IO has never asked for a medical check up. What happens if they find you have TB for instance, do you get kicked out of Thailand?

Then you go to the hospital for treatment. 

2 minutes ago, phetchy said:

It's also out of date.  Although dated today, there's no mention of the fairly recent requirement to show the 800,000 was in the bank 3 months later.

It's up to the local immigration office if they want to see the 800k in the bank 90 days after the application. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not a official immigration website. Note that it's a dot com site. Not a .go.th site.

Look here for the correct info. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_22

I think that website is not up to date either, with current regulations of 2 months before and 3 months after regards the 800K, and no mention of retaining a balance of not less than 400K

23 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I think that website is not up to date either, with current regulations of 2 months before and 3 months after regards the 800K, and no mention of retaining a balance of not less than 400K

They have not updated the site for those requirements or the proof of income done by transfers into the country.

But better than false info than a unofficial site shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phetchy said:

Afaik only IO in Jomtien and UdonThani require a 90-day bank-balance check.

I do hope that these 2 stay the only IOs requiring that, because there is no way of doing that bank-balance check on-line, which would mean you have to do it in person at your local IO (bummer for all money-in-bank method users that live far away from their IO).

19 hours ago, JWRC said:

Well we are never sure what they want are we? it seems every office has its own set of rules, and in particular Kanchanaburi has a very nasty witch who takes great delight in making life as hard as she can. I'm going to try the cheaper option and see how I go. Many thanks.

I last got mine at a clinic, produced passport ,sat in reception,charge 20 thb

37 minutes ago, Malawi said:

Medical is not required for retirement extensions.

There may be the odd rogue office that likes to make up it's own rules though.

The "odd'' rogue office???? They all do.

• Confused 1

I live on the islands the first time I did it cost 800+ baht at government hospital blood tests x rays the lot but a friend told me go to local medical clinic or Bandon hospital 250 baht an

thats what I have been doing for the last 4 or 5 years had no issues at IO just hand over the medical certificate I will be doing the same next week as my E of S is up for renewal.

On 5/31/2020 at 12:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what they want since a medical certificate is not a standard requirement for an extension.

Even those for OA long stay visa at a embassy does not require a blood test or x rays.

It is on the islands has been for 5+ years no medical certificate no E of S the only thing they have changed is they now allow your medical certificate and Bank Statement letter to be up to 7 days before you would have to do it on the day of application . I just wish that there would be a National standard requirement but throughout the kingdom rather than each IO making up there own rules and requirements 

3 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

It is on the islands has been for 5+ years no medical certificate no E of S the only thing they have changed is they now allow your medical certificate and Bank Statement letter to be up to 7 days before you would have to do it on the day of application . I just wish that there would be a National standard requirement but throughout the kingdom rather than each IO making up there own rules and requirements 

Yes, the responsible IO at Koh Samui does not want any disease-spreading long-stayers on their beautiful island, hence the requirement for a medical certificate.  ????

On 5/31/2020 at 12:00 PM, JWRC said:

I asked the witch at Immigration office, but as usual got no help, she just kept saying medical certificate.

Is it any wonder we have problems with officials when referring to them such?

I renewed my Non Imm. O retirement extension on the 26th. last month. On my 90 day report slip the report date is the 4th.August. After getting my passport back with the new stamp for extension,the IO wrote "book bank 3 mths" on the 90 day notification slip. P'lok office,good service as always although I don't know if they want the "book bank" shown to them on the 4th Aug. or 3 mths. after my extension renewal. I think I will make a copy of my "book bank" for the 90 day date and see what transpires.

56 minutes ago, wazzadg44 said:

I renewed my Non Imm. O retirement extension on the 26th. last month. On my 90 day report slip the report date is the 4th.August. After getting my passport back with the new stamp for extension,the IO wrote "book bank 3 mths" on the 90 day notification slip. P'lok office,good service as always although I don't know if they want the "book bank" shown to them on the 4th Aug. or 3 mths. after my extension renewal. I think I will make a copy of my "book bank" for the 90 day date and see what transpires.

Wow, so it looks that also other IOs are starting to enforce the bank-balance check after 3 months for retirees using the money-in-bank method for their 1-year extension (like Jomtien and UdonThani IO are doing), in this case Pithsanulok IO.