Jump to content
BANGKOK
Daffy D

Converting Vintage cars to Electric.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, transam said:

It needs a small block Chevy V8, there's nothing like a few sounds whilst out cruising....:stoner:

Maybe  you don't  know the anatomy of the  Baby Austin?  With a  transverse spring suspension in the front, cantilever leaf springs in the rear  and cable   brakes  on all  corners  4 lawnmower engines connected together is  enough  fun as  is. With adjustable inflatable seat inserts, a forward opening windscreen  for  a rush  of  pre -polluted  air, a footprint  that allows  escape from  police intervention  by  driving  down  footpaths with ease, a miles  per  gallon detested  by  Arabs, can run on good whisky in an emergency ,

crossed  the  Himalayas , and eventually  spawned  the  Mini which in original form carried  the same  name which  featured in a block buster movie  (Italian Job)  then as a person whose  avatar is a  Fix Or Replace Daily yet advocates  for a Chevrolet power punt ?  Be seriously ashamed !🤣

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Maybe  you don't  know the anatomy of the  Baby Austin?  With a  transverse spring suspension in the front, cantilever leaf springs in the rear  and cable   brakes  on all  corners  4 lawnmower engines connected together is  enough  fun as  is. With adjustable inflatable seat inserts, a forward opening windscreen  for  a rush  of  pre -polluted  air, a footprint  that allows  escape from  police intervention  by  driving  down  footpaths with ease, a miles  per  gallon detested  by  Arabs, can run on good whisky in an emergency ,

crossed  the  Himalayas , and eventually  spawned  the  Mini which in original form carried  the same  name which  featured in a block buster movie  (Italian Job)  then as a person whose  avatar is a  Fix Or Replace Daily yet advocates  for a Chevrolet power punt ?  Be seriously ashamed !🤣

 

I know a lot about your ride, but make no mistake, V8's have been put in most rides, even the original Mini's....😋

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, KKr said:

A Vintage car without a Vintage motor and Vintage interior is just an
old Car Body with an electric motor.

Probably gets entitlement to be re-characterized as a Pseud Mobile. Befitting the interested inverasic progeny.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 3:53 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

I have a 1935 Austin Seven Butchers van back home begging  restoration.

Wonder what  they could do to that lil Baby ? lol

Have a butcher's at this one.            image.jpeg.087f3511e9dc5c750f1fd3e614e3a779.jpeg   Does it meat with your approval?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Have a butcher's at this one.            image.jpeg.087f3511e9dc5c750f1fd3e614e3a779.jpeg   Does it meat with your approval?

These vehicles  were the British equivalent  to  Henry Ford's  Model T.

Good  fun  and a finger up the  nose of Lord Morris who eventually had to concede !

But a  friend  who had a  Morris 8 Racer also  had some fun.

Noise and  H.P  has never  impressed  me as  much as novelty.

Thats  why now I really like  electric  super  bikes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A7 high compression head, SU conversion

Phoenix crank, heaps of noise at 40mph

through the village. Electric no way1920623876_TU.jpg.58d32459949fda27ece26915191412ed.jpg

Edited by talahtnut
spacing
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

A7 high compression head, SU conversion

Phoenix crank, heaps of noise at 40mph

through the village. Electric no way1920623876_TU.jpg.58d32459949fda27ece26915191412ed.jpg

Please tell us what ass end this in the picture. A7? what year '29?

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The electric car is a dinosaur before it has even started. Hydrogen powered vehicles will kill it off, just as soon as they get the cost down.

 

Beauty of Hydrogen is the only bi-product of combustion is water vapour, so zero pollution. Manufacturing it is still not quite so clean, though they are working on it. At present Hydrogen is converted to electricity via a fuel cell which powers the electric motors. What I want is an internal combustion engine powered direct by Hydrogen so I get the character of the engine we love without the pollution.

 

Got any comment Elon Musk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The electric car is a dinosaur before it has even started. Hydrogen powered vehicles will kill it off, just as soon as they get the cost down.

Cost always wins. If you are waiting for "just as soon as they get the cost down" it's not going to happen. Battery technology is getting much cheaper.

 

10 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Got any comment Elon Musk?

Yes he does, as do a lot of other people.

 

Elon Musk has dismissed hydrogen fuel cells as “mind-bogglingly stupid,” and that is not the only negative thing he has had to say about the technology. He has called them “fool cells”.

 

Even though Toyota is investing in hydrogen cells, their chief engineer in charge of Mirai admitted that plug-in cars make more sense: “Elon Musk is right – it’s better to charge the electric car directly by plugging in,”

 

For most people, the physics of fuel cell vehicles make little sense compared to battery-powered vehicles.

 

Maybe you should research a little deeper. Don't believe hype and weight cost very strongly.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The electric car is a dinosaur before it has even started. Hydrogen powered vehicles will kill it off, just as soon as they get the cost down.

 

Beauty of Hydrogen is the only bi-product of combustion is water vapour, so zero pollution. Manufacturing it is still not quite so clean, though they are working on it. At present Hydrogen is converted to electricity via a fuel cell which powers the electric motors. What I want is an internal combustion engine powered direct by Hydrogen so I get the character of the engine we love without the pollution.

 

Got any comment Elon Musk?

Trouble is the technology isn't here/there yet to produce enough torque. Best option to date is to use hydrogen fuel cells to generate electricity which is stored and used to drive electric motors which derive torque through reduction gearing to the output shaft.

Modern political aims suppressing meaningful options in favor of PC mantra is the greatest impediment to the development of truly clean energy at this time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...