Forgot 3 months reporting

My friend who's here on a retirement extension had an operation a week ago and stayed one night in the hospital. In all the "commotion" he forgot his 3 months reporting and is now 1 week overdue.

He will head down to Jomtien immigration tomorrow and try to sort things out but has anyone any idea of what he can expect from them?

• Haha 1

And then what after July 31?

People who had to report in May now what? Report in August?

People who had to report in June now what? Report in September?

People who had to report in July now what? Report in October?

Makes sense, skip one 90 day reporting cycle

What do you think?

5 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

That may be what immigration will announce when it is decided the ministerial notice will not be extended again.

You forgot the month of April. That was when my skipped report was due. So I would of had one due again in July.

1 hour ago, marvin1950 said:

That's exactly what my IO said will happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Amnesty on this until July 31st. Nothing to "sort out"

93871744_3136300019726724_7986921815001792512_n.png.1faa45c353cb8645a66fe3e9fb8a66ba.png

I don't think that applies to people who are on extensions of a Non Imm O. I am on s marriage extension and my 90 day report was due on 18th May and I slid it to 21st May, still within the +/- 7 days. I still had to go to Immigration and do the report. I missed one 90 day report a few years ago and it cost me 2,000 baht for being a month over.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:
3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

93871744_3136300019726724_7986921815001792512_n.png.1faa45c353cb8645a66fe3e9fb8a66ba.png

I don't think that applies to people who are on extensions of a Non Imm O.

"No need to do ninety day reporting." So would you please tell me who you think it actually applies to; if not Non Imm O & OA holders?

I have an active online report awaiting a reply; if none is forthcoming my attitude will be they aren't being processed and I believe I will definitely be covered by the amnesty through having an extension of stay  based on an O-A. The graphic states clearly "No need to do ninety day reporting."

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

My 90 day report date is 15 June and my yearly extension is 31 July.  I can ignore 15 June clearly but when I go for my extension presumably there will be no 90 day requirement; report again by 30 September. 

mines on the 25th

36 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't think that applies to people who are on extensions of a Non Imm O. I am on s marriage extension and my 90 day report was due on 18th May and I slid it to 21st May, still within the +/- 7 days. I still had to go to Immigration and do the report. I missed one 90 day report a few years ago and it cost me 2,000 baht for being a month over.

It applies to everybody that has to do 90 day reports.

You certainly did not have to do the report.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It applies to everybody that has to do 90 day reports.

You certainly did not have to do the report.

Well I went in about a month before and asked the IO and he said do it, so I did and it took about 5 minutes in and out again. It keeps them happy and was not a problem for me.

I do a bulk shop in KPP once a month anyway so it was no hassle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I went to Makro yesterday, no giving out a stupid plastic card for parking the bike, what is the point of that I don't know.

It sees totally off topic, but the purposes is to stop your bike being stolen.  No card, you can't take the bike out of the car park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

What do you think?

The IB will make an announcement so the best thing to do is to wait for that.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

"I don't think that applies to people who are on extensions of a Non Imm O".

Why would you think that when it specifically states that there is no need for foreigners to do 90-day reporting?

"...my 90 day report was due on 18th May and I slid it to 21st May, still within the +/- 7 days. I still had to go to Immigration and do the report".

No, you didn't have to, you just chose to do yoursThere was no 90-day reporting requirement on those dates (still isn't).

Your missing a report and being fined a few years ago is irrelevant to the current suspension of 90-day reporting.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My was due May 5th, although like everyone I was given until July 31st, once the lock down was over and I heard Jomtien immigration was pretty much empty I took a ride down got my temperature taken at the door handed a number 5 minutes later I was back in the car.  I think it was quicker than making a post here?????

If your friend is more than 7 days late its a 2,000 baht fine. The July 31st amnesty may negate that fine this time or maybe not.  Let us know how how it turns out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RBOP said:

If your friend is more than 7 days late its a 2,000 baht fine. The July 31st amnesty may negate that fine this time or maybe not.  Let us know how how it turns out.

How can you be late for something you've been pardoned from doing in the first place.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Amnesty on this until July 31st. Nothing to "sort out"

why the worry. If you can afford 800k for your retirement visa,  its no big deal. its only a bt2000 fine. 

Edited by gamini
corrrection

19 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

What do you think?

I cannot see that happening, it is too sensible for the Thai authorities.

93871744_3136300019726724_7986921815001792512_n.png.1faa45c353cb8645a66fe3e9fb8a66ba.png.104f6017004da083a22bff7d7d5a25fc.png.6f065d4617e960c7527178f93eaa14a9.png

What i still fail to understand Is why my sub IO that ONLY does 90 day reports is still open and nothing said to me on not having to report 2 weeks ago, and why they don't have this sign up outside. just saying.

I need some reassurance because I get nervous about this kind of stuff. I arrived March 15th so my 90 day report is due on June 15th but I don't have to do it because of the amnesty, correct? The next report will likely be in 3 months time from June 15th.

I ask this because some people have stated that they have done the report anyway so why didn't the IO tell them they didn't have to do it?