BANGKOK
solomon david

Uk TV streaming in se asia,,,?

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

My VPN cost 3000 Baht for a lifetime subscription, and before Smart Alec jumps in I use it for 6 year already, and it always works with Iplayer and Netflix. The other 10 services I don't use but I assume they also work.

So would you provide a clue to the name of this VPN, as I may well give it a try.

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

A SmartDNS doesn't hide your real IP, so much easier to get blocked than any VPN

My current full VPN, as per my previous post, is a well-known one, but not working on BBC iPlayer, and as I do have SmartDNS already loaded I'll give it another try, but if as you say, it's going to be blocked all the same, then I'm back to square one!

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

So would you provide a clue to the name of this VPN, as I may well give it a try.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Is Smart DNS better than VPN?
Compared to a VPN (Virtual Private Network), the Smart DNS does not provide encrypted connections, and it does not change the IP address of the device in use. ... Because the Smart DNS does not encrypt data, the connection between website and computer is much faster than the connection established through a VPN tunnel.

I've seen a lot of VPN torrents on the pirate.

Anyone tried them?

20 minutes ago, Susco said:

Because the Smart DNS does not encrypt data, the connection between website and computer is much faster than the connection established through a VPN tunnel.

So faster than a VPN........if it works??

32 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So faster than a VPN........if it works??

So absolutely a smart DNS solution will be faster, a VPN will always lose speed, a smart DNS will be essentially your full speed through the Thai international gateway.

Now as I stated earlier with all of this it's cat and mouse and you need to be prepared for interruptions.

VPN's are the easiest for the content providers to block, since they blacklist server farm IP's in their millions.

Smart DNS providers are a little different since they fool the provider into thinking the lookup is from a domestic IP

To guy that said I 'won the prize for the most complicated solution'. I never said that I was aiming for the simplest. 

What I said was, that I liked my TV to look like regular seamless TV, which is what I have!

• Like 1

My take is and I guess what OP wants, 15 years ago I was buying CD films so could watch something, then internet came to our village and it has just got better for me.

I have no time for BBC they are controlled and they have the front to call RT fake news, Al Jazeera is OK but again controlled a bit.

I have internet so can watch many things, can download from Popcorn and my daughter has Netflix in Uk which she give me access to in Thailand.

For technophobes PulseTV is easy - just buy the box and plug it in.  All UK channels including Sky (movies and sport), BT Sport, and lots of US, Australian and European ones too.  Video on demand with latest releases of movies and TV series.  Not cheap (800-1,000 a month) but reliable with good (online/real-time) customer support.

5 hours ago, uncleP said:

Mobdro has it all except I player and is free. There are others try searching.

Mobdro for me too. Its free and very reliable. 

Its not available on appstore or play, but is on aptoid or Google search mobdro apk download 

Another OK one is taptv. 

Again, you have to search for a apk download on Google. 

Anyone experience with a good (streaming) platform that actually has subtitling / closed captioning?
I do miss the C4 and iTV channels, and the few systems I have tried all didn't has the CC.

A good newsletter on this subject can be read here :

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2018-08-28/the-strange-story-of-how-deaf-and-blind-viewers-were-left-behind-by-the-on-demand-revolution/

On 5/31/2020 at 10:31 PM, northsouthdevide said:

Mobdro for me too. Its free and very reliable. 

Its not available on appstore or play, but is on aptoid or Google search mobdro apk download 

Another OK one is taptv. 

Again, you have to search for a apk download on Google.

Downloaded on my phone and Mobdro appears stable but, unless I've missed it, it's live only. Is there no catchup option?