Are Thailand beaches open tomorrow on June 1?

JohnBZ

What is going on? I searched the news online and could not seem to find a definite answer?  Did read it somewhere that says most are not open.

Does anyone know for sure? Serious why it is not crystal clear? A lot of people come to Thailand for the beaches.

Thanks

Edited by JohnBZ

And I still find no update on Phuket (not too interesting at the moment, as travel restrictions are hesitantly lifted).

Ko Samui beaches never closed (as far as I know). Definitely open now.

5 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Apparently the Petchaburi governor thinks it breeds in sea water, but not sand. That's why he opened his province's beaches for walking, but not swimming in.

He just wants to save people from other diseases knowing the water quality ? :biggrin:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Pattaya and the surrounding beaches are open.

Looking forward to swimming tomorrow before the ocean gets filled with garbage, urine, and feces when the tourists return next month.  Hope others are out there.  No Speedos please.

My friend at Bang Saray, 20 miles south of south Pattaya, just said the beach is not open there yet.  He saw people walking on the beach but not swimming.  What is the official announcement from Chon Buri governor or government on the beach matter?

36 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:
42 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Apparently the Petchaburi governor thinks it breeds in sea water, but not sand. That's why he opened his province's beaches for walking, but not swimming in.

He just wants to save people from other diseases knowing the water quality ? :biggrin:

What false rumour are you trying to start on Petchaburi water quality ? :blink:

• Haha 1

On Phukets West coast  and last I knew .... Patong Beach and Kata  closed , I dont know re Karon ,  Kalim open , Kamala open , Surin closed , Bang Tao open , Layan open , Nai Ton and Nai Yang - dont know. Thats for both sea and sand. See what today brings.

14 hours ago, JohnBZ said:

My friend at Bang Saray, 20 miles south of south Pattaya, just said the beach is not open there yet.  He saw people walking on the beach but not swimming.  What is the official announcement from Chon Buri governor or government on the beach matter?

Chonburi beaches opens June 1. It's been officially announced on every news website online. 

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And I still find no update on Phuket (not too interesting at the moment, as travel restrictions are hesitantly lifted).

Phuket west coast beaches are still closed as of this morning. Went to my local Surin and later Kamala and both were closed. Surfers not being stopped from surfing but I'm not risking taking my board down as a falang until its officially open again. Theres's a lot more traffic on main road through  Surin today too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Same Koh Chang and people swimming and sitting in deck chairs even. 

• Like 1