Citizens frown at NACC decision clearing Prawit in luxury watch case

webfact

6 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Did you actually expect a different outcome ? This is not a Thailand problem. This is a worldwide problem. There is a two tiered justice system in the West as well as in Asia. There is one set of rules for those of power and privilege and another set you you and me. 

But when was the last military Coup in Europe ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bougnat said:

In my country ( France ), no watches, no " waves ", but corruption everywhere too !

Wherever there is money there will always be dishonesty of some sort, however western Europe (including France) is clean as a preachers sheets compared to Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

If and when they get rid of this military (non-democratic) junta, stacked Senate and crooked Generals, they will have to build bigger prison's to hold them all.

Only one problem . It will never happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Not at all surprised at this decision, or why it took so looooong, obviously waiting for fuss to die down, then sweep it under the carpet.

Yet, they were very swift acting on Thanatorng, who never gave the NACC any B/S about his dealing's with his parties actions.

Just shows what evil greedy bastards they are'

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marley01 said:

A corrupt little liar and all the Thai media are too gutless to push the issue.

shame on him and shame on the media for not having a set.

Rant over

We all have to be careful about what we say

Might get more than 14 days isolation...

(Doesn't stop people from thinking it though, and most people think that he is a c**t)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

He's mother must have really chubby fingers and has he returned these watches to the friend who's name he couldn't remember.

friend supposedly passed away

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sickeningly cynical corruption. This is one of the reasons why Thailand has reached its high economic  point and is about to go into reverse economically.

Wherever there is money and people there will always be some form of corruption and theft, cannot erradicate it completely. However there is no place in the world for blatant and open corruption that has existed in the past, and in Thailands case still exists today. It is visible in almost every level in society, including the daily activities of the Police force that seem to exist purely as a commercial entity focusing on collecting money rather then enforcing the law. China has started it's journey on smashing corruption, they understand they cannot be a beacon for the world as the largest economy and endure a reputation for being corrupt. It's about time Thailand did so, especially as it is one of the largest economies in SE Asia. If it does not get rid of these "old boys" with their "old, corrupt ways" the country will certainly suffer as it is known and proven that top level corruption stunts economic growth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

friend supposedly passed away

He basically simply picked someone he knows that passed away and quoted the name, job done. For the ring belonging to his mother that's just utterly ridiculous. As someone has already stated would his Mum own a mans ring in the size to fit a fat mans finger? My mother has rings, they are feminine solitaires and such and in no way could they ever fit my fingers,, how this was accepted as reasonable explanations casts a serious question mark over the legitimacy on the anti-graft agency responsible.

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Only one problem . It will never happen.

It will one day, or Thailand will have to accept it will lose it's position as number 1 economy in SE Asia and be left well behind by the competition who are cleaning up their acts, investing and growing at a much faster rate.

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

We all have to be careful about what we say

Might get more than 14 days isolation...

(Doesn't stop people from thinking it though, and most people think that he is a c**t)

goos job the Thai government don't have a machine to read your thoughts or 90% of the country would be in prison

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Prawit, who was then also Defence Minister, repeatedly claimed that he had borrowed the watch from his friend

.. I Myself have a watch previously owned by a deceased tribe member .. unfortunately it was a LCD Timex that cost more than its worth to renew the Batt' but these things can happen .. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:24 AM, colinneil said:

As i say many times, no better way to start the day, than with a good laugh.

Reading the above statement is just laughable that the clowns expect people to believe he did not break corruption law.

lanky lad....you should know, by now, that there is NO corruption in this fifth world country....I REALLY am surprised at YOU !!!

• Haha 2