"ThaiChana" app not linked to gambling spam, developer and ministry clarify

webfact

The problem hasn't been happening on my Apple for ten years and I have downloaded many apps. So, it is a problem with this app. Not going to download it.

Also, how is it happening on Apple phones if the app isn't available on ios yet? Confused.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Somkid Jiranuntarat, one of the developers of the "ThaiChana" platform, explained on Sunday (May 31) that the spam occurring on the iOS system via iMessage is not related to "ThaiChana". He said  currently the ThaiChana app is available only on Android.

Obviously there is some work required to make this safe for use, I do believe this system was developed as a joint venture between our friends the Chinese & Thailand (probably more input from the Chinese), therefore there are understandably concerns over using this item as we all know how the Chinese love to control......!!!!

I have received several over the past week, and I don't have that app.. They show as addressed to my name as it is recorded in my phone address  book. Don't know if that means someone has somehow accessed my  address book.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I have received several over the past week, and I don't have that app.. They show as addressed to my name as it is recorded in my phone address  book. Don't know if that means someone has somehow accessed my  address book.

Have you by chance signed into any establishment with name and phone number?  I would highly suspect some stores are making lists available to spammers - so always put down your land line phone number (still could get a cold call but much less likely than SMS spam and still protected in case of covid).

• Like 2

I don't have the app.  I have never had to sign in at a store yet either.  I have been getting a lot of spam SMS from numbers starting with 02 in the last week or so.  Keep reporting and blocking them but the numbers keep changing.

My guess is that the carriers are selling their numbers for extra revenue.

Edited by rwill

fake name & fake number works great against spam

why businesses don't use their customers fidelity card, to do all the <deleted> tracking ????

anyway, for a 0.2 percent corona death rate in really sick people, everybody just gives up their privacy ?

lockdown is for sick people, well, enough of those in the brain in power

Edited by Bender Rodriguez

3 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

My wife used her ph for the first time while at the mall the other day. Within 12 hrs she is receiving spam on her phone,now she just signs the paper instead.

I was one step ahead of your missus, I refused to scan Thaichana from day One !

My signature is all they get.

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Have you by chance signed into any establishment with name and phone number?  I would highly suspect some stores are making lists available to spammers - so always put down your land line phone number (still could get a cold call but much less likely than SMS spam and still protected in case of covid).

The thing is, because I have two phones, my name in my Thai phone is Xxxx's Thai Phone.

This shows up on the messages for some reason. It is mainly that which made me delete them immediately. It's as if I sent them to myself.

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Obviously there is some work required to make this safe for use, I do believe this system was developed as a joint venture between our friends the Chinese & Thailand (probably more input from the Chinese), therefore there are understandably concerns over using this item as we all know how the Chinese love to control......!!!!

I Dun mind cute Chinese mingle taking full control of me in da bed teeheehee... 

11 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Finally got one of these spam messages yesterday after signing in at HomePro. It seems it is now becoming very common as my wife got one last week too. 

ive had it a few times too, homepro, today after a 7-11