BANGKOK

Good afternoon,

I am a single father of a Thai nation (have a full custody document issued by a local court ). I can apply based on humanity reasons after full 3 years extension. One thing is still unclear do I need to have job in Thailand or income from aboard is fine? Or the main interest is getting TAX? If yes, can the TAX be paid from overseas income? 

You need to be working in Thailand and paying income tax.

You have to have a work permit and be working for 3 consecutive years on an extension of stay to apply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to have a work permit and be working for 3 consecutive years on an extension of stay to apply.

Don't think this is correct.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is correct.

Perhaps read the requirements here.  Permanent Residency Requirements June 2019.pdf

I don't quite understand these requirements. 

To apply for any kind of PR you need a WP ?

So, even to apply for PR as investor or for humanity reasons you need a WP first, and be working here for 3 years? 

13 minutes ago, uhuh said:

I don't quite understand these requirements. 

To apply for any kind of PR you need a WP ?

So, even to apply for PR as investor or for humanity reasons you need a WP first, and be working here for 3 years? 

That is correct.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is correct.

Perhaps read the requirements here.  Permanent Residency Requirements June 2019.pdf

I have read these requirements, but the list of qualifications is not full. Thai embassy in London states other categories that don't require WP. Here

Sections 2.3 and 2.5 as well as 3.3.1 and 3.3.3 These categories are missing in your attachment.

It should be an official document listing all categories and requirements. Maybe anyone has an idea where they can be listed? 
 Immigration Act has only general information about entering and exiting the kingdom

Edited by nirocool

Posted (edited)

I would not doubt the word of the visa expert JOE !

but immigration website also have non-working links, lot's of them

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

An embassy website is not a reliable source for matters relateing to immigration.

The categories you mentioned went away over a decade ago. There was a notice done in 2003 that had those numbers but is

twas rescinded long ago.

Very strange, I just find the same information at the official immigration site, here and official document here.  The last page update was done in 2016. Are these categories really gone?

Given the current government I'd say that you'd be having to bringing something quite special over here for them to be even vaguely interested, or millions of dollars of course. Humanitarian grounds? forget it...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have asked my agent numerous times about PR, and every time she asked "Why would you want to do that? No advantage over your WP and extension." The last time I asked, she said that basically, with the investment I would need to make in acquiring the PR, I would be much farther ahead to just buy the 20 year Elite Visa, and it is so much easier.

Edited by timendres
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, nirocool said:

Very strange, I just find the same information at the official immigration site, here and official document here.  The last page update was done in 2016. Are these categories really gone?

For all intents and purposes it has been gone since at least 2008. They were refusing applications under many of the categories listed on it then.

Note it is dated for 2003.

• Like 1