BANGKOK
webfact

Night of violence across America leaves streets scarred, outrage simmering

Off topic comedy video and replies removed

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Jokin' right?

People now are too scared to do anything because if they do they might be charged with a crime themselves, and in any case, IMO, people are so obsessed with their phone they don't care much about what happens around them.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything because the bad guys are bigger, stronger and more aggressive than myself, and I don't want to be beaten up for getting involved.

No that's not what I meant at all,

I was brought up with in the Greek American culture, in my couture behavior like that was unacceptable , no one had to stop me from behaving like that, I stopped myself, because i knew that if I wanted to be accepted, and respected  by my community, my family , I needed to behave in way that was acceptable to my community, and my family. 

It is really as simple as that, Men live up to, or down to expectations. Communal culture sets those expectations. 

Part of Police culture needs to change, but so does part of the inner city black community couture. 

The first step to resolving a problem is identifying it. Unless of course we don't think that looting is a problem, or that it is not an indication of a greater  underlying problem. 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He was just an excuse. When it's a white person killed by cops in the US the world doesn't protest.

Genuine protestors don't burn buildings and loot stores.

Lord knows how the 2A’ers are going to rise up against a tyrannical government when the day comes! 

Are they simply going to open carry all the way to the White House and politely ask incumbent to leave? 555

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

We can only hope.  That, or the Sig 716.  🤠

I pray for BOTH...

• Sad 1

On 6/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, Eric Loh said:

I read that black people are three times more likely to be killed by police than white people. Is that true? Seem human rights abuse to me. No. 

I think a lot of socio-economic factors beyond race need to be considered.

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Not looking to 'calm it down' looking to control it. Those scum on the street are attacking their own community.

I don’t think it helps to talk about the police like that.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, samran said:

Lord knows how the 2A’ers are going to rise up against a tyrannical government when the day comes! 

Are they simply going to open carry all the way to the White House and politely ask incumbent to leave? 555

No, they will wait to the next elections and vote him out 

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How droll...........😏

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

"White nationalist group posing as antifa called for violence on Twitter"

"A Twitter account claiming to belong to a national “antifa” organization and pushing violent rhetoric related to ongoing protests has been linked to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa, according to a Twitter spokesperson."

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

Guess all the photos are wrong too?  come on...

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Police are scum?  if your house is ever burgled or your wife raped tell that to the officers who come to your rescue.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Police are scum?  if your house is ever burgled or your wife raped tell that to the officers who come to your rescue.

You mean the guys that take your statement after the fact? Yes, they are largely scum. Some ofthem are good but they work within a toxic system.

• Sad 1

Just now, lannarebirth said:

You mean the guys that take your statement after the fact? Yes, they are largely scum. Some ofthem are good but they work within a toxic system.

Police might not be perfect but try living in a world without them. The vast majority, I still believe, are sound and calling them scum is vile hypocrisy.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Police might not be perfect but try living in a world without them. The vast majority, I still believe, are sound and calling them scum is vile hypocrisy.  

It's not hypocrisy to call most of them scum and to say some of them are decent working within a corrupt system.

• Sad 1