Night of violence across America leaves streets scarred, outrage simmering

webfact

41 minutes ago, H1w4yR1da said:

To you maybe. To the rest of us it's obvious Antifa fascists and anarchists are stirring up a lot of the trouble.

But this bit of trouble is solely down to the actions of those four so called policemen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

There were 3 cops on the body of the black guy, as well as the cop on his neck,

it appeared that he was in handcuffs as well, so what reason at all did the

killer cop have for being on this guys neck in the first place. Intentional

murder that is the only thing I can see.  The 3rd degree murger charge was

pathetic, so it shows what side the police chief is on.

My opinion.  I do hope Floyd gets proper justice.

Geezer

The Somali cop who shot and killed the Australian woman in Minneapolis I believe got 12.5 years. The city settled with her family for $20 Million.

Another post containing content that was copy and pasted from another site has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some more conspiracy posts and replies have been removed.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

The Somali cop who shot and killed the Australian woman in Minneapolis I believe got 12.5 years. The city settled with her family for $20 Million.

In addition to that billions upon billions were saved as there were no riots.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Low paying jobs are down. If you have skills you now work from home. If you are in construction people are begging you to work as well. Just don't be an unskilled idiot by the time you are 25 years old.

That's been true of most generations. I don't see how you can morph that into a resilient economy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

everything else fell like dominos. Do you never understand the larger context?

Not really. Would you take the time and trouble to explain it to me.

A couple of paragraphs should do the trick.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Everyone, and especially the media, seems to be dwelling on the riots. Many people on the ground have stated that the vast majority of the protests, have been peaceful, but the media cannot resist the blood and gore, and the burning buildings. 

The real questions are not being asked. That anger comes from somewhere. Few are discussing the underlying issues. You take a marginalized group of people, who are barely surviving. High unemployment rates due to their skin color. Decades of bad behavior by rotten cops, who are overly entitled, and feel they are above the law they are employed to protect. Then you force them into lock down, and deprive them of work and income. Then three months later something like this happens, and everyone is so surprised.

The real questions are: 

Why are the people so incredibly angry with the police, and law enforcement in general?

Why are so many black men getting murdered by the police? 

Why would so many protests erupt spontaneously like this?

Where does that disapproval of law enforcement come from? 

Why is there so much socioeconomic disparity in the US?

Why is the unemployment rate for men of color so high in the US? 

Is anything being done to address any of this? Will anything be done? One thing that I do know, is that these incidents did not happen in a vacuum. Derek Chauvin had 17 complaints on his record, and several killings. He appears to have been a homicidal maniac, and an extremely violent man. Police are sworn to a higher standard. If they are supposed to serve and protect, what kind of reaction can be expected from an oppressed public when they instead commit murder and mayhem, and intentionally assault their own citizens? 

I am from Minneapolis and have family there 187 businesses were burnt. It started at Lake and Cedar and went up to 1st Ave, If you aren't from there don't pretend to know anything about it. 

From the old Sears building to the Kmart that went bankrupt on Lake Street. There is now nothing left.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

If you want the cop to walk away free charging him with first degree murder is the perfect way to do so. 

Uhm, 2nd? Seems most aprapos with current public evidence.

Edited by mikebike

Just now, Morty T said:

32 dead in Chicago. Last night, black on black crime. Got a 8 second bit mention on the news. No BLM and CNN. 

Chicago is one of those places you don't go. It's been like that for decades. A small section of downtown is okay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

trump has called for Antifa to be labelled a terrorist organisation although he doesn't have the authority to name a domestic group 'terrorist' as he does with foreign groups

I was under the impression antifa are Hungarian, or at least sponsored from there, so not quite a "domestic" outfit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I was under the impression antifa are Hungarian, or at least sponsored from there, so not quite a "domestic" outfit.

And again that nonsense, no surprise though.

• Like 2