20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

webfact

20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

By THE NATION

800_a1153fc9397ee42.jpg?v=1590971973

Twenty of the 251 Thais who returned home on Sunday (May 31) from the United Kingdom were found to have high fever and rushed to hospital, Suvarnabhumi Airport deputy director Kittipong Kittikachorn said.

“The 251 Thais departed from London on Thai Airways International Flight TG917 and arrived at the airport at 2.20pm,” Kittipong explained.

“Preliminary screening found that 20 passengers had high fever and they were rushed to hospital.”

“There are 16 passengers who expressed an interest in entering alternative state quarantine facilities, while the rest were transported to the government’s specified facilities in Bangkok and Samut Prakarn.”

As of today, the UK has reported 274,762 confirmed Covid-19 cases and 38,489 deaths. It is one of the coronavirus hotspots in Europe following Spain.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388844

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-01

• Haha 1

8% of arrivals with high fever on one plane, thats a very high percentage and if I had been a passenger on there I'd be worried. Lets see the reality though of exactly how many get tested positive.

Don't blame some of them to decline the state quarantine and instead got for the alternative, you may have to share rooms with another person and you don't know where the location is till you get there.

The term 'high fever' is misleading. I suspect that, when their temperatures were checked on arrival it exceeded the normal level but the individuals were not showing any symptoms.  Rushing them to hospital is good. The rapid movement through the air creates a cooling effect.......BS!

Endorses Health Minister Anutin' statement that foreigners are all dirty.....

Are they actually wanting the public to believe that 20 people boarded in the UK and all were with high temperatures?

I would hate to see the response if these people were foreign tourists!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Endorses Health Minister Anutin' statement that foreigners are all dirty.....

Uh? Where did he said that?

7 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Are they actually wanting the public to believe that 20 people boarded in the UK and all were with high temperatures?

It's not at all what the OP says.

I bet the high fever it's 37.3, pure fearmongering.

Have you noticed how many of the new cases have no sympthoms?I wonder how long we have to go on with this BS

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

20 and the rest goes home ???

don't they screen before boarding?  or is there a THAI virus on the plane ?

No, the rest would be destined for a 14 day quarantine either in a state designated location or a self paid, higher standard, state controlled location. Not home.

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea good idea to rush them to the hospital. The UK is one of the most high risk countries at the moment. Strange that they still let them on the same plane as healthy people. I think that all these repatriation flights pose a high risk for those on them. I wonder if they force all of them to quarantine. Especially if there are people with high fever were on that flight.

I would have to agree with you. Also I noticed that according to the published list of repatriation flights today, 50 pax are arriving on Korean Air flight KE651 from Seoul. But there are also 212 pax arriving from the USA, also on KE651.

So you have 50 people coming from relatively low risk South Korea mixing with 212 people from relatively high risk USA on an almost full aircraft.

• Like 1

In a related concern: what about the flight attendants and pilots etc?

Do they live in perpetual quarantine on both ends of the flight? (doubt it)

Are they tested regularly?

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK Government are failing at every turn, the only explanation that fits their failure and abysmal policies is that they are still pursuing their ‘herd immunity’ experiment.

Don't you ever get tired of your lefty stuff.?...Gawd....????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1