BANGKOK
webfact

20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

By THE NATION

800_a1153fc9397ee42.jpg?v=1590971973

Twenty of the 251 Thais who returned home on Sunday (May 31) from the United Kingdom were found to have high fever and rushed to hospital, Suvarnabhumi Airport deputy director Kittipong Kittikachorn said.

“The 251 Thais departed from London on Thai Airways International Flight TG917 and arrived at the airport at 2.20pm,” Kittipong explained.

“Preliminary screening found that 20 passengers had high fever and they were rushed to hospital.”

“There are 16 passengers who expressed an interest in entering alternative state quarantine facilities, while the rest were transported to the government’s specified facilities in Bangkok and Samut Prakarn.”

As of today, the UK has reported 274,762 confirmed Covid-19 cases and 38,489 deaths. It is one of the coronavirus hotspots in Europe following Spain.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388844

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-01

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lujanit said:

The verb ‘rushed’ is used too often in this forum.

So is the words “stupid post” BTW I think rushed is an adjective but I’m sure the grammar checkers and spellcheckers will enlighten me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8% of arrivals with high fever on one plane, thats a very high percentage and if I had been a passenger on there I'd be worried. Lets see the reality though of exactly how many get tested positive.

Don't blame some of them to decline the state quarantine and instead got for the alternative, you may have to share rooms with another person and you don't know where the location is till you get there.