20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

webfact

5 minutes ago, Emdog said:

In a related concern: what about the flight attendants and pilots etc?

Do they live in perpetual quarantine on both ends of the flight? (doubt it)

Are they tested regularly?

I can only comment on THAI Airways flights where repatriation flight crew are tested regularly and they are scheduled for 14 days at home self isolation.

I suspect that if required to do 14 days enforced state quarantine the Airlines might struggle to find crew willing to fly. Therefore it's considered an acceptable risk.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea good idea to rush them to the hospital. The UK is one of the most high risk countries at the moment. Strange that they still let them on the same plane as healthy people. I think that all these repatriation flights pose a high risk for those on them. I wonder if they force all of them to quarantine. Especially if there are people with high fever were on that flight.

What do they actually need to board? They will not be able to get a Covid test in the UK or a certificate of being Covid free from a doctor. Is it simply a permission to travel from the Thai embassy? How do they distinguish them from 'healthy' people?

The only cases of covid-19 and people with high fever are imported, makes perfect sense to keep the ban on incoming foreigners for longer. London has the lowest R infection rate in the UK, so where did these Thais get their "high fever" from, the same applies to South Korea.

It would seem that the Thai government is still playing the "fear of the virus" card.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What do they actually need to board? They will not be able to get a Covid test in the UK or a certificate of being Covid free from a doctor. Is it simply a permission to travel from the Thai embassy? How do they distinguish them from 'healthy' people?

a) You can get tested in UK

b) There are thermal imaging cameras checking temperatures. Rather more accurate than a 20baht plastic toy thing.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The only cases of covid-19 and people with high fever are imported, makes perfect sense to keep the ban on incoming foreigners for longer. London has the lowest R infection rate in the UK, so where did these Thais get their "high fever" from, the same applies to South Korea.

It would seem that the Thai government is still playing the "fear of the virus" card.

No, they don't play the fear card. They are cautious. Same here in Europe. Why are borders closed? I can't go to  Germany from Austria unless I'm German or have PR. To go to Austria I need neg. test and quarantine. If I come from non-EU country, I can't enter Austria. Don't just pick on Thailand.

Edited by Letseng
  • Like 1

I told you those Brits are dirty not only dirty but play dirty by patient dumping them on a plane and infecting more they must be on the side of the Chinese communist?  No more Brits for a long long long time! No pussy for you guys!????????️

Edited by thailand49

6 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

But I doubt that 20 people were not aware or suspected that they had covid but took temperature lowering drugs before leaving. 20 people getting symptoms just during an 11 hour flight is suspicious. 

Desperate to get home Imimagine.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK Government are failing at every turn, the only explanation that fits their failure and abysmal policies is that they are still pursuing their ‘herd immunity’ experiment.

it's been estimated that possibly 10 to 20% of the UK pop has been infected, that's a long way to go for the benefits of herd immunity - and a lot more deaths. TT&I is their only way out for now but first you have to get everyone to mask up which I'm not seeing.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

Why did they let them leave the Country? Didn't they check them Before Boarding ? that seems to be a big Problem People coming to Thailand and bringing the Virus With them .Make them check  the People Before boarding. And/or make them get a medical Cert. to prove that they are safe to travel . Isn't that What the Government Ordered for Foreigners and People on Holidays entering Thailand + a 14 day Quarantine ? Where's the logic?

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea good idea to rush them to the hospital. The UK is one of the most high risk countries at the moment. Strange that they still let them on the same plane as healthy people. I think that all these repatriation flights pose a high risk for those on them. I wonder if they force all of them to quarantine. Especially if there are people with high fever were on that flight.

Everyone goes into quarantine, and they are checked regularly for symptoms. I'm at a loss as to how they let them on the plane with a  fever though. I guess the Brits think "it's not out problem anymore - get 'em on the plane". 

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

20 and the rest goes home ???

don't they screen before boarding?  or is there a THAI virus on the plane ?

No they don't go home. Didn't you ead the article?

3 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

I suspect this was more due to the inaccuracy of the handheld infrared temperature scanners. It seems very unlikely such a high percentage of passengers were infected and had a fever. 

Quite a number had 'high fever' on a recent landing. Turns out a number of them were infected. So it is probably wise to get them to hospital for testing asap. 

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

They were actually sick and many tested positive upon return. Whereelse did they catch the virus but overseas? No iinternational tourist should be allowed to step foot in Thai soil until well into next year. 

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Same article of 2 days ago where Thai people has boarded a plane in Korea while having hi fever, and i ask, why Korea and UK has allowed people to board a plane with high fiver and probably contentment others on the flight  when they don't allow you int a shop if you have high fever?...

I'd think the UK and Korea figure those with high temperatures are going home for their 14 day quarantine.

BTW, do the airplane crew have to do the 14 day quarantine too?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

You think they really let 20 people on the plane with high fever? I sure dont...

The high fever narrative is just a excuse to extend to extend the farang ban...

I have this vision in my head of masses of ThaiV members going to there deathbeds sometime long into the future whenever their time is up muttering as their dying phrase "The Thai government lied to us about Covid"????

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

I suspect this was more due to the inaccuracy of the handheld infrared temperature scanners. It seems very unlikely such a high percentage of passengers were infected and had a fever. 

I went into three shops within 15 minutes and the temp scanner readout varied from 35.6 to 36.9. Up and down like a yoyo. Always ask them to show you the readout, btw. On one occasion it didn't even have a battery in it... TIT.

4 hours ago, thedemon said:

I can only comment on THAI Airways flights where repatriation flight crew are tested regularly and they are scheduled for 14 days at home self isolation.

So, you mean all their "customers" waiting for their order of illegally imported "goodies" have to wait 14 long days to take delivery?I guess this line of business might be another casualty of Covid 19. Along with the airline itself, of course.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

At least 38,000 and very likely as many as 60,000 dead, and still counting.

Forgive me for thinking that’s evidence of the PM and his Government failing.

Very likely most deaths are 90 years old with 50 other diseases and covid it's not the cause of death

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Before you hang, draw and quarter those 20 with high temperature, perhaps you should wait.

Wait and see the official test results............lets see how many of that 20 are confirmed with Covid-19.  This might be a classic case of............

So lets see over the coming 14 days how many are confirmed Covid-19 cases from returning from the UK.  And in 14 days time we can summarise on this thread.

15 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

You do know that Thais leaving from the UK does not equal Thais living in London ?

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

At least 38,000 and very likely as many as 60,000 dead, and still counting.

Forgive me for thinking that’s evidence of the PM and his Government failing.

It is just an opening for you to slag off the Government, if it wasn't C19 it would be something else, for you it is just dribble feed.........

• Thanks 1