20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

webfact

36 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

So then..........so far

ZERO of them have tested positive for Covid...........  

????????????

People got so brainwashed they forgot there are other ilnesses other than Covid

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 7:30 PM, SantiSuk said:

I have this vision in my head of masses of ThaiV members going to there deathbeds sometime long into the future whenever their time is up muttering as their dying phrase "The Thai government lied to us about Covid"????

That could be completely avoided if the government would be open with some of the data ThaiV members have been asking for (I'll defer to Dr. Tuner's apt questions as a good set of such, but I have a couple myself). Then, if no lying, I'll join you in accusing the naysayers of supporting conspiracy theories. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anton9 said:

People got so brainwashed they forgot there are other ilnesses other than Covid

Most Coronavirus are completely dead by the end July each year.

One hopes that Covid-19 will follow the same pattern, and be pretty much eliminated from most of the world by the end of July.  just like SARS was in 2003

• Like 2

It's just the way they are portraying this at present, zero local transmissions and infected Thai's from abroad coming back. It was the same before the flight ban and foreign tourists spreading it around, even worse was breaking it down to Thai and foreign.

It seems like an excuse to keep the borders closed and open them up to China only.

• Thanks 1

One returnee from Kuwait and one from Russia today are the only new Covid-19 cases.

So still ZERO of those RUSHED........repeat RUSHED...........repeat explosive headline RUSHED..........to hospital from the flight from the UK.

Mmmmmmm............

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's just the way they are portraying this at present, zero local transmissions and infected Thai's from abroad coming back. It was the same before the flight ban and foreign tourists spreading it around, even worse was breaking it down to Thai and foreign.

It seems like an excuse to keep the borders closed and open them up to China only.

Shooosh. Not supposed to say that out loud. 

On 6/1/2020 at 9:38 AM, transam said:

Don't you ever get tired of your lefty stuff.?...Gawd....????

It is somewhat disingenuous to insult and attempt to pigeonhole someone for having a different view to yours.

Does the make you a "righty"?

If he genuinely believes it is so, why not discuss it intelligently with him? Pointing out where you think that he is wrong. Then he will have the opportunity to discuss what he believes.

Or is it that the "right" are incapable of reasoned discussion?

Do you think people are born to the left and to the right? What are you thinking?

People believe what they believe. If you think that he is wrong, explain to him why you think that he is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

It is somewhat disingenuous to insult and attempt to pigeonhole someone for having a different view to yours.

Does the make you a "righty"?

If he genuinely believes it is so, why not discuss it intelligently with him? Pointing out where you think that he is wrong. Then he will have the opportunity to discuss what he believes.

Or is it that the "right" are incapable of reasoned discussion?

Do you think people are born to the left and to the right? What are you thinking?

People believe what they believe. If you think that he is wrong, explain to him why you think that he is wrong.

When you have been on this forum a bit longer, and read the stuff I have read over a loooong period, then you might understand my post. OK...????

8 new cases.

5 returnees from UAE

2 from Kuwait

1 from India

0 from UK  (yes,  ZERO)

All returnees are tested on Day 5 of quarantine.  Therefore as its now 6 days since the 20 from the UK arrived and were RUSHED - RUSHED  - RUSHED to hospital, one can assume none of them so far have Covid-19.   Next test will be after 12 days I do believe.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 7:03 PM, RR2020 said:

Most Coronavirus are completely dead by the end July each year.

One hopes that Covid-19 will follow the same pattern, and be pretty much eliminated from most of the world by the end of July.  just like SARS was in 2003

Do you have a source for this or is it your personal observation?

22 hours ago, transam said:

When you have been on this forum a bit longer, and read the stuff I have read over a loooong period, then you might understand my post. OK...????

You have no idea.....I know you well.

29 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Do you have a source for this or is it your personal observation?

Coronavirus are most active Dec to April and then fade away.  Replaced by Enterovirus and Rhinovirus over the middle months.

Its actually now looking very likely that most people have a T cell response to Covid-19, so they dont suffer from it.  And if you have a T cell response you will not have any antibodies, as that part of the immune system is not called into action.  Which means of course, that testing if you had it is now seemingly completely pointless as someone might not have an IgM or IgG response, as their body has a T cell response which stops the virus dead in its tracks.  So many asymptomatic people testing positive on a PCR test with zero symptoms.  It may now be that over 75% of the worlds population is naturally immune to Covid-19 thanks to previous exposure to other Corona virus.  A PCR test does nothing more than say you have the virus present in a measurable amount.  A positive PCR test does not mean you will get any symptoms in any way at all.

I believe, in my opinion, this is why they are now finishing lockdown all over the place, as they now know a lot more about it and the panic is over.  it remains in Europe and the USA that the median age of deaths is over 80 years old.  If a virus struggles to spread in a generally fit, not obese, not diabetic, not with lots of elderly sick people - like Thailand and Hong Kong and Taiwan and Korea and Japan etc.... then its not particularly dangerous.  it has now mutated, as most do, to become a very weak virus. It mutates to survive as it cannot kill the host too quickly as that kills it too.  A bad flu year kills over 600,000 people worldwide, Covid-19 has killed slightly over 400,000 and may not actually reach over 600,000 ???? Who knows.

General virus pattern is in the attached pic.

VV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

Coronavirus are most active Dec to April and then fade away.  Replaced by Enterovirus and Rhinovirus over the middle months.

Its actually now looking very likely that most people have a T cell response to Covid-19, so they dont suffer from it.  And if you have a T cell response you will not have any antibodies, as that part of the immune system is not called into action.  Which means of course, that testing if you had it is now seemingly completely pointless as someone might not have an IgM or IgG response, as their body has a T cell response which stops the virus dead in its tracks.  So many asymptomatic people testing positive on a PCR test with zero symptoms.  It may now be that over 75% of the worlds population is naturally immune to Covid-19 thanks to previous exposure to other Corona virus.  A PCR test does nothing more than say you have the virus present in a measurable amount.  A positive PCR test does not mean you will get any symptoms in any way at all.

I believe, in my opinion, this is why they are now finishing lockdown all over the place, as they now know a lot more about it and the panic is over.  it remains in Europe and the USA that the median age of deaths is over 80 years old.  If a virus struggles to spread in a generally fit, not obese, not diabetic, not with lots of elderly sick people - like Thailand and Hong Kong and Taiwan and Korea and Japan etc.... then its not particularly dangerous.  it has now mutated, as most do, to become a very weak virus. It mutates to survive as it cannot kill the host too quickly as that kills it too.  A bad flu year kills over 600,000 people worldwide, Covid-19 has killed slightly over 400,000 and may not actually reach over 600,000 ???? Who knows.

General virus pattern is in the attached pic.

VV.jpg

But, if you have a t cell response and don't develop antibodies, how would you retain any immunity? I also think that quite a lot of world actually got infected starting at the end of last year but weren't noticed officially. I was in the U.S. until the beginning of February. I got the worst respiratory issue in my life by far. First time ever diagnosed with clinical pneumonia. Was coughing up more <deleted> than I thought someone could and still be alive. Probably was this virus. Others on here have said they got really sick at the first part of this year. But, the widespread immunity, that part is confusing. 

Two returnees from Pakistan.

Four returnees from UAE

One returnee from USA.

That makes up todays 7 new cases.

Still none of the RUSHED, RUSHED, RUSHED from the UK flight............ . 

Edited by RR2020
  • Like 2

Four new cases.

2 returnees from India

1 returnee from Pakistan

1 returnee from Madagascar

Guess what..........still zero of the 20 rushed to hospital from that flight............the one that made the headlines................Mmmmmmmmmmm ?????

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:47 PM, JCP108 said:

But, if you have a t cell response and don't develop antibodies, how would you retain any immunity? 

I think it's implied that if your T-cells can fight it off, while not completely immune, you'll be ok when an infection hits. The other option is the antibody response where B-cells are activated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_immune_system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_immune_system

It'll be hard to test if somebody has a T-cell response. Maybe with a somehow inactivated virus to check if there's a response. These are still very much unknown waters.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Thanks 2

4 new cases today, all returnees from India.

What did happen to those 20 rushed to hospital ?  were they rushed back from hospital as well ?  were they rushed home ?  where they rushed to be rushed ?

• Like 2

5 new cases, all returnees from Saudi Arabia.

The 20 RUSHED TO HOSPTIAL cases will now be on day 12 of their quarantine, which means its PCR test today (seems you get tested on day 5 and day 12 if no symptoms).

4 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

1 new case....... Returnee from USA

Tomorrow is day 14 for those 20 returned from the UK who were............. RUSHED...........to hospital.

No news means all were fine.

In 10 days, we will all have completed 28 days in a row in a country with 0 local transmissions! Party like it's 2020!

The latest estimates is that the IFR of the virus is 0.05%.........which is half of what strong Influenza is at 0.1%.

The reason more have died is of course that around 90% of "at risk people" are vaccinated against Influenza............ but in reality CV-19 is less dangerous, just all the at risk people dont have a vaccine against CV-19.

The biggest issue with deaths seems to be care homes - which is why many countries in Asia have very low death rates, but countries with many old at risk people in care homes have very high death rates.

Another key finding is hospital beds.  The estimate is that 60% of infections have come from lack of hospital beds. Due to overcrowding in hospitals and mixing of CV-19 with non-CV-19 that many were infected due to being in hospital.  Countries with a high number of hospital beds for 1000 population have seen very low death rates.  Those with very low number of beds per 1000 population have seen much higher.

Another key finding is that putting people onto ventilators has caused a large percentage of deaths.   CPAP masks should be used, not Ventilators.  Use of ventilators killed tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of people is the estimate now. 

More findings are that it is spread only through sneezing and coughing...........droplets.  it is not aerosol spread through normal breathing.

Both of the leading vaccine candidates have failed miserably.  Thats Moderna and Oxford.  Nobody talking about it anymore.  The Oxford vaccine appears to be totally ineffective but with no side effects. 

Up to 60% of people may have immunity from CV-19 anyway.

Only those with severe CV-19 develop a significant IgG antibody response, so its impossible to detect who has had it or not. Majority of people who have it and recover, or have it with no symptoms do not have a measurable antibody response.

Notice that immunity passports related to vaccine/antibody testing are now not talked about anymore................ 

As the truth gradually filters out over time, a lot of people are going to get embarrassed.    The only way out of this is likely to have an ineffective vaccine that causes no side effects and just release it.  it will be a psychological boost against fear as opposed to being a real vaccine. Well hello Oxford........................ the placebo effect.........inject them with something and tell them its all ok now, nothing to fear anymore............. we shall see.