BANGKOK
webfact

20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

6 hours ago, lujanit said:

The verb ‘rushed’ is used too often in this forum.

It used to be the adjective 'exponentiailly', how fashions change eh?

5 minutes ago, Emdog said:

In a related concern: what about the flight attendants and pilots etc?

Do they live in perpetual quarantine on both ends of the flight? (doubt it)

Are they tested regularly?

I can only comment on THAI Airways flights where repatriation flight crew are tested regularly and they are scheduled for 14 days at home self isolation.

I suspect that if required to do 14 days enforced state quarantine the Airlines might struggle to find crew willing to fly. Therefore it's considered an acceptable risk.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea good idea to rush them to the hospital. The UK is one of the most high risk countries at the moment. Strange that they still let them on the same plane as healthy people. I think that all these repatriation flights pose a high risk for those on them. I wonder if they force all of them to quarantine. Especially if there are people with high fever were on that flight.

What do they actually need to board? They will not be able to get a Covid test in the UK or a certificate of being Covid free from a doctor. Is it simply a permission to travel from the Thai embassy? How do they distinguish them from 'healthy' people?

The only cases of covid-19 and people with high fever are imported, makes perfect sense to keep the ban on incoming foreigners for longer. London has the lowest R infection rate in the UK, so where did these Thais get their "high fever" from, the same applies to South Korea.

It would seem that the Thai government is still playing the "fear of the virus" card.

• Confused 1

Why take them to a hospital & possibly contaminate the hospital ?

Have they not got special areas set up for this ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What do they actually need to board? They will not be able to get a Covid test in the UK or a certificate of being Covid free from a doctor. Is it simply a permission to travel from the Thai embassy? How do they distinguish them from 'healthy' people?

a) You can get tested in UK

b) There are thermal imaging cameras checking temperatures. Rather more accurate than a 20baht plastic toy thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

How the get in the Airport.?. You cant get into a Shell Garage Shop with a temp.

You can in UK I believe.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The only cases of covid-19 and people with high fever are imported, makes perfect sense to keep the ban on incoming foreigners for longer. London has the lowest R infection rate in the UK, so where did these Thais get their "high fever" from, the same applies to South Korea.

It would seem that the Thai government is still playing the "fear of the virus" card.

No, they don't play the fear card. They are cautious. Same here in Europe. Why are borders closed? I can't go to  Germany from Austria unless I'm German or have PR. To go to Austria I need neg. test and quarantine. If I come from non-EU country, I can't enter Austria. Don't just pick on Thailand.

Edited by Letseng
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

20 suspected cases out of 251 passengers on one flight.  A lot of Covid active in Borisland.

Edited by swerve
Forgot my main point.
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I told you those Brits are dirty not only dirty but play dirty by patient dumping them on a plane and infecting more they must be on the side of the Chinese communist?  No more Brits for a long long long time! No pussy for you guys!🤣🗣️

Edited by thailand49

6 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

But I doubt that 20 people were not aware or suspected that they had covid but took temperature lowering drugs before leaving. 20 people getting symptoms just during an 11 hour flight is suspicious. 

Desperate to get home Imimagine.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK Government are failing at every turn, the only explanation that fits their failure and abysmal policies is that they are still pursuing their ‘herd immunity’ experiment.

it's been estimated that possibly 10 to 20% of the UK pop has been infected, that's a long way to go for the benefits of herd immunity - and a lot more deaths. TT&I is their only way out for now but first you have to get everyone to mask up which I'm not seeing.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

20 Thais back from UK have high fever, rushed to hospital

Why did they let them leave the Country? Didn't they check them Before Boarding ? that seems to be a big Problem People coming to Thailand and bringing the Virus With them .Make them check  the People Before boarding. And/or make them get a medical Cert. to prove that they are safe to travel . Isn't that What the Government Ordered for Foreigners and People on Holidays entering Thailand + a 14 day Quarantine ? Where's the logic?

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That will put the dampers on re-opening to tourists, aka foreign spouses,

???