Phone credit reducing everyday

Hi all

l have a vivo phone and true one year unlimited 4g data sim, l have had this for about 8 months without any problems.

l always have credit in my account just in case l need to use the actual phone, recently l noticed my phone credit is reducing 10 baht everyday and l have no idea why, could someone  explain to me why this is happening and how to stop it.

Thank You

Bruce

Im with AIS, kept getting strange text messages asking to subscribe to various things, I ignored and deleted them. But then noticed credit had disappeared. Went to AIS shop, she put various codes into phone and all stopped. Obviosly didnt get credit back !! LOL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Thank you Sir I did it 5 second ago following your advice, *137 9 and it works like a charm????

But have a look at your current credit-balance today, and check in coming days if it is not slowly eroding.

I used the StopScam-option also, and indeed I did not get any unsollicited messages anymore but STILL my credit kept eroding.  Only by visiting a local phone-shop and having them contact my provider (dTac) to make the necessary changes, did that slow credit-erosion stop.

Edited by Peter Denis

Shady stuff...gues if they have enough ppl using the sims they can make a pretty penny

And happy to cancel on those that catch on  i got a new Vivo too by Big C shop hang dong

The reps there helped me with my phone and AIS is right next to them to do my unlimited

wifi and data for 200 a month    joined spotify with them as it was cheap promo

No way will I go back to True move   AIS rules..even to stream of my hotspot on laptop

I also use google voice for free calls and sms anywhere that has wifi so I dont care about credit

Get this as well. My phone had just been topped up with 100 Baht on Saturday.

By Monday my balance was down to 14 baht and I had not even yet made a telephone call and I could not figure out where my money had gone.

Came across this forum. I notice there are a lot of unsolicited sms messages on my phone and have now blocked all by the *137 method.

This practice by companies or people charging for unsolicited spam messages and calls should be outlawed.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ToddinChonburi said:

Stop writing your real phone number down on the check in sheets.

Do not write my tel number anywhere, the tel number sim 2 I have is only dedicated to calls with my wife, nobody else, but the money disappears. It only started recently.

Edited by userabcd

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

By Monday my balance was down to 14 baht and I had not even yet made a telephone call and I could not figure out where my money had gone.

Came across this forum and I notice there are a lot of unsolicited sms messages and have now blocked all by the *137 method.

This practice by companies or people charging for unsolicited spam messages and calls should be outlawed.

Most times, these are activated by the users themselves, by saying OK to some very innocuous looking SMS or at some website.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Came across this forum. I notice there are a lot of unsolicited sms messages on my phone and have now blocked all by the *137 method.

As mentioned in my post #7, have a look at your current credit-balance today, and check in coming days if it is not slowly eroding again.

I used the StopScam-option also, and indeed I did not get any unsollicited messages anymore but STILL my credit kept eroding.  Only by visiting a local phone-shop and having them contact my provider (dTac) to make the necessary changes, did that slow credit-erosion stop.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

As mentioned in my post #7, have a look at your current credit-balance today, and check in coming days if it is not slowly eroding again.

Thanks, I will do that, need to top my phone up again as whom or what ever has taken all the money now.

3 hours ago, anfh said:

Im with AIS, kept getting strange text messages asking to subscribe to various things, I ignored and deleted them. But then noticed credit had disappeared. Went to AIS shop, she put various codes into phone and all stopped. Obviosly didnt get credit back !! LOL. 

you should have just called AIS. they will refund you your money.

excellent company with English speaking staff.     

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Thanks, I will do that, need to top my phone up again as whom or what ever has taken all the money now.

If your credit keeps eroding, even with the unsollicited messages not appearing anymore, the only way to stop it is by contacting your provider.  When you do so, you could also request to have the credit you lost restored. Most phone-shops are well aware of this scam, and can contact the provider for you to have it stopped.

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Shady stuff...gues if they have enough ppl using the sims they can make a pretty penny

And happy to cancel on those that catch on  i got a new Vivo too by Big C shop hang dong

The reps there helped me with my phone and AIS is right next to them to do my unlimited

wifi and data for 200 a month    joined spotify with them as it was cheap promo

I've been with AIS for 12 years. How do you get unlimited wifi and data for 200 baht a month.  

MyAis app is showing the 30 day 8GB data package at 599 THB

The 10Mbps speed package is 1,100 THB for 30 days 

No sign of any unlimited data packages for 200 baht

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, userabcd said:

By chance, if you have not activated a data package and kept Mobile Data on...God Bless You! It will eat up your money faster than the cookie monster.

19 hours ago, seancbk said:

I've been with AIS for 12 years. How do you get unlimited wifi and data for 200 baht a month.  

have to be a new member...i did it at the AIS shop in big c mall on hang dong rd

Cos you are maybe in the system... can maybe try or get a friend to get a sim for you

Not sure of my speeds but allowed me to use my phone hotspot and stream movies on my laptop

Or get a crappy used phone at shop in that mall and pretend to be a new user--get creative!

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

have to be a new member...i did it at the AIS shop in big c mall on hang dong rd

Cos you are maybe in the system... can maybe try or get a friend to get a sim for you

Not sure of my speeds but allowed me to use my phone hotspot and stream movies on my laptop

Or get a crappy used phone at shop in that mall and pretend to be a new user--get creative!

I am going to AIS at the first opportunity, last month I got 15GB for 499 THB (plus tax etc).   This month the highest on offer in the MyAIS app was 8GB for the same price.  But they sent me an SMS offer for the 15GB package but when I clicked on it the whole thing was in Thai with no indication how to buy it.
So I ended up just paying for the 8GB package and missing out out on 7GB more for the same price.

Just now, seancbk said:

I am going to AIS at the first opportunity, last month I got 15GB for 499 THB (plus tax etc).   This month the highest on offer in the MyAIS app was 8GB for the same price.  But they sent me an SMS offer for the 15GB package but when I clicked on it the whole thing was in Thai with no indication how to buy it.
So I ended up just paying for the 8GB package and missing out out on 7GB more for the same price.

Ive had them in the past but when I quit true move i went back to AIS..they offered me the 200 with the sim

Is unlimited data on my phone which i use as a hotspot too and they had a spotify promo too cheap price!

I would not tell them you are a member --id go at it as a newbie..say you are tired of True and your friend told you that AIS has a 200bt promo  I used it for 4 months  then i left LOS..be polite and SMILE!!!

23 hours ago, seancbk said:

You missed the boat. Offer ended this month.

It's been posted so many times over the past six months. A shame you waited until it is too late.

ChakaKhan is unintentionally misleading you. Nothing to do with being a current member, as you can have as many SIMs as you like. But it was a new SIM offer. So you would have needed to get a new SIM. Either by porting your number to another network(they all had a similar offering) or just obtaining an extra SIM on the same network.

If you want unlimited 10 Mbps on your current SIM, the best offer open to you now is 10 Mbps over 90 days for 1926 baht. Much better than the 1177 baht per 30 days that you can see.

Alternatively, you can take up a 499 baht + VAT 50 GB Next G package, that auto-renews for three months.

Where have you been Goldilocks? Sleeping for the past six months? ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Ive had them in the past but when I quit true move i went back to AIS..they offered me the 200 with the sim

Is unlimited data on my phone which i use as a hotspot too and they had a spotify promo too cheap price!

I would not tell them you are a member --id go at it as a newbie..say you are tired of True and your friend told you that AIS has a 200bt promo  I used it for 4 months  then i left LOS..be polite and SMILE!!!

I would not tell them you are a member 

When they insert your ID/Passport number in to their system, wouldn't it bring up all the numbers registered?

On 6/3/2020 at 9:11 AM, Peter Denis said:

But have a look at your current credit-balance today, and check in coming days if it is not slowly eroding.

Did you try the codes yourself? No you didn't as I see you don't use True from post#2 but use DTAC? The op is about True.

I did codes for True and my balance has never gone down since. I also have DTAC and phoned their support and told them to turn off the deductions and give me my money back. Balance never gone down again on DTAC either.

Edited by Digitalbanana

2 hours ago, ravip said:

I would not tell them you are a member 

When they insert your ID/Passport number in to their system, wouldn't it bring up all the numbers registered?

It is completely erroneous anyway. I know that you can have at least five AIS SIM in your name, as I have five AIS SIMs. They don't care, it's all revenue.

It's a moot point anyway, since the offer has expired.