BANGKOK
ellathai

Phone credit reducing everyday

Hi all

l have a vivo phone and true one year unlimited 4g data sim, l have had this for about 8 months without any problems.

l always have credit in my account just in case l need to use the actual phone, recently l noticed my phone credit is reducing 10 baht everyday and l have no idea why, could someone  explain to me why this is happening and how to stop it.

Thank You

Bruce

Im with AIS, kept getting strange text messages asking to subscribe to various things, I ignored and deleted them. But then noticed credit had disappeared. Went to AIS shop, she put various codes into phone and all stopped. Obviosly didnt get credit back !! LOL. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Thank you Sir I did it 5 second ago following your advice, *137 9 and it works like a charm👍

But have a look at your current credit-balance today, and check in coming days if it is not slowly eroding.

I used the StopScam-option also, and indeed I did not get any unsollicited messages anymore but STILL my credit kept eroding.  Only by visiting a local phone-shop and having them contact my provider (dTac) to make the necessary changes, did that slow credit-erosion stop.

Edited by Peter Denis

Shady stuff...gues if they have enough ppl using the sims they can make a pretty penny

And happy to cancel on those that catch on  i got a new Vivo too by Big C shop hang dong

The reps there helped me with my phone and AIS is right next to them to do my unlimited

wifi and data for 200 a month    joined spotify with them as it was cheap promo

No way will I go back to True move   AIS rules..even to stream of my hotspot on laptop

I also use google voice for free calls and sms anywhere that has wifi so I dont care about credit

Also potentially using apps in the background while your out and about and not on wifi.  Browser, social media etc.. Using the ThaiChana app to enter supermarkets and such will use data.

Posted (edited)

Get this as well. My phone had just been topped up with 100 Baht on Saturday.

By Monday my balance was down to 14 baht and I had not even yet made a telephone call and I could not figure out where my money had gone.

Came across this forum. I notice there are a lot of unsolicited sms messages on my phone and have now blocked all by the *137 method.

This practice by companies or people charging for unsolicited spam messages and calls should be outlawed.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ToddinChonburi said:

Stop writing your real phone number down on the check in sheets.

Do not write my tel number anywhere, the tel number sim 2 I have is only dedicated to calls with my wife, nobody else, but the money disappears. It only started recently.

Edited by userabcd

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

By Monday my balance was down to 14 baht and I had not even yet made a telephone call and I could not figure out where my money had gone.

Came across this forum and I notice there are a lot of unsolicited sms messages and have now blocked all by the *137 method.

This practice by companies or people charging for unsolicited spam messages and calls should be outlawed.

Most times, these are activated by the users themselves, by saying OK to some very innocuous looking SMS or at some website.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Came across this forum. I notice there are a lot of unsolicited sms messages on my phone and have now blocked all by the *137 method.

As mentioned in my post #7, have a look at your current credit-balance today, and check in coming days if it is not slowly eroding again.

I used the StopScam-option also, and indeed I did not get any unsollicited messages anymore but STILL my credit kept eroding.  Only by visiting a local phone-shop and having them contact my provider (dTac) to make the necessary changes, did that slow credit-erosion stop.

• Like 2