Booze Ban in Buriram in June?

'Technically' the 'booze ban' is still in place in venues that are public (bars/restaurants etc) although purchasing booze in the major outlets (Makro/Big C/7-11 etc) is now allowed.

Btw, 'technically' has many meanings 🙃

The "bad news" posted is in fact true according to Patrick Shoo who operates La Lom restaurant in Buriram. I miss having a cold beer with the Mexican meals served at London Steak or Harley Route 288.  I look forward to a Bloody Mary once again at Jimmy's Sports bar during a late breakfast. I will post when I know for sure the Buriram restaurants can once again serve alcohol. 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

The "bad news" posted is in fact true according to Patrick Shoo who operates La Lom restaurant in Buriram. I miss having a cold beer with the Mexican meals served at London Steak or Harley Route 288.  I look forward to a Bloody Mary once again at Jimmy's Sports bar during a late breakfast. I will post when I know for sure the Buriram restaurants can once again serve alcohol. 

Somehow, I feel certain that the people and establishments you have mentioned will not be sharing the same 'confidence' as you exude on having their names mentioned on this very public forum.

• Like 1

In my travels in Buriram, alcohol is NOT served in restaurants that I dine. In the future, when the Buriram Government allows, then and only then will alcohol be served. There might be rouge local (not expat owned) restaurants serving alcohol, but none that I have dined.