Thailand reports one new coronavirus case, no new deaths

webfact

Thailand reports one new coronavirus case, no new deaths

s2.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported one new coronavirus case on Monday and no new deaths, taking the total number of infections to 3,082, of which 57 were fatalities.

The new infection was found in quarantine and was a patient who had arrived from Russia nearly two weeks ago, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Covid-19 Administration Centre.

He said there have been no local transmissions in the past seven days.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat and Panarat Thepgumpanat; Editing by Martin Petty)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-06-01

11 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I believe that is exactly what they report.

The filter that exists before one ends up on the reports is another matter though.

Not that it matters that much, it's just a number for the consumption of the hoi polloi. I'd like an update on the testing capacity, especially upcountry, the average time from sampling to result and the number of people doing manual contact tracing. Those do matter.

Solly, no haep !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

Once we get to more than 14 days in a row of that message, doesn't that mean all of Thailand has successfully completed quarantine? We could ditch all the precautions at that point!

I suspect if there were zero arrivals into the country, that would be true. We would also need zero active cases. Looking good though.

5 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Let me guess. Tomorrow, 1 or 2 people will test positive. They will not be local transmissions but will be people who just arrived from somewhere else. It's been more than a week of this same message. Once we get to more than 14 days in a row of that message, doesn't that mean all of Thailand has successfully completed quarantine? We could ditch all the precautions at that point!

Do you honestly think the Thai government will do anything in our favour if it can be helped?

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

stop the lockdown... fake pandemic should be over after CDC new numbers of 0.2 percent, aka, not "bad" as flu and nothing more

Give it rest mate,

There's no-one on here with enough clout,

19 hours ago, Malawi said:

Anyone believe that figure?

Me neither.

I went into town yesterday, my local talat market.

It's an enclosed market building, very large with around 250/300 stalls.

In the center are all the open type small stalls, selling an array of commodities, at one end is the meat/poultry wet fish market, and around the outer edge are stores more like mini marts.

The outside of the market is banded by pavements where vendors set-up on the street, on each of the four sides are entrances/exits to the indoor market.

No temperature testing on any entrance, no recording of people entering or leaving, inside the same nothing.

Inside 20% of vendors were not wearing masks, no social distancing taking place, food vendors were allowing anyone to sit at the tables as normal to eat.

It was back to normal as it was before Corvid.

ok, question time! ;-). 

what are the main differences between bacteria and viruses?

how do viruses reproduce? 

which are typically larger, viruses or bacteria? 

where can you go to get a test for the Covid-19 virus? 

why type of tests are available? 

what happens if you test positive? 

a bit stumped?

if so, then yes, you really don’t know much about Covid-19 & Thailand. 

and yes of course:

where free speech does not exist, then all is suspect….

including _____blah blah blah. 

Edited by ayahuasca
typo

On 6/1/2020 at 2:15 PM, jacko45k said:

I suspect if there were zero arrivals into the country, that would be true. We would also need zero active cases. Looking good though.

You wouldn't need zero active cases if all the active cases are sequestered from the rest of the public, say, via quarantines. If you don't count those in quarantine, seems like no new cases in almost two weeks. 

26 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

You wouldn't need zero active cases if all the active cases are sequestered from the rest of the public, say, via quarantines. If you don't count those in quarantine, seems like no new cases in almost two weeks. 

I am looking towards the 'zero active cases' to be declared which to me seems like an all clear.