June 1 Sarasin Bridge open

RickNew

Has anyone returned to Phuket since they open bridge? What was required to enter Phuket? I read about the new app “phuketpolice.org”, but when i download it, it’s all in Thai.  Any current information regarding Sarasin Bridge crossing appreciated!

21 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it appears they still require quarantine depending on the province you are coming from

Yes. There is some process to enter Phuket island. Not clear yet how the quarantine is enforced. Maybe the tracking SIM talked about before. 

• Thanks 1

This App is all in Thai, question 3 asks for “card number” (in Thai) and any card/passport I enter it returns error message, “card not found”.

I was really hoping to find someone who completed the Sarasin Bridge crossing today to share first hand information.

12 hours ago, RickNew said:

I was really hoping to find someone who completed the Sarasin Bridge crossing today to share first hand information.

me too, i'm waiting to hear from someone who has actually driven across country and got onto the island, before i go anywhere

19 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes. There is some process to enter Phuket island. Not clear yet how the quarantine is enforced. Maybe the tracking SIM talked about before. 

i think it's with the morchana app. Read it on newshawk Phuket which is always spot on

Just spoke with someone who came back onto the island this morning. You drive in, park up and wait your turn in well spaced chairs. Show paper or QR on phone, along with ID (Thais ID card, Foreigners passport), then you are cleared and back to your vehicle,

She pre-registered yesterday. Said it was hassle free.

• Thanks 1

Friends came back from Thai Muang yesterday. They used the app that's mentioned in a previous post. I was hoping to leave tomorrow for the day but have been unsuccessful in getting the QR code after filling in the required info.

Anyone else had success in getting the QR code?

I came across the bridge today, I preregisted with the gophuket app and had my QR code ready, I also registered with the Thai Chana app.  When I arrived at the checkpoint, the officer just waived me through, no questions, not temperature check, no scanning the QR code, just a simple hand gesture to go on through.

That said, I did see 10 to 15 civilians off to the side of the building doing something. I did not stop and ask what they were doing.  So maybe the stops are random and I just got lucky today??

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, RickNew said:

I came across the bridge today, I preregisted with the gophuket app and had my QR code ready, I also registered with the Thai Chana app.  When I arrived at the checkpoint, the officer just waived me through, no questions, not temperature check, no scanning the QR code, just a simple hand gesture to go on through.

That said, I did see 10 to 15 civilians off to the side of the building doing something. I did not stop and ask what they were doing.  So maybe the stops are random and I just got lucky today??

ok, good to know. i registered with the app but since you have to select a time, i doubt i'll actually make it at the exact time selected.

• 2 weeks later...