Bus or flight from Bkk to Buriram

dkg224

The AIRport is an old US-airforcebase from VN war and is some 60/70 kms away from ´downtown´. One of the least used local airports and =doublecheck if they indeed are served again by air.

BoKoSo buses are running again, on a more limited schedule and AFAIK any chiangwat has its own measures and methods to control it-or not. Best is to ask locals on the many other local fora.

Oh-you made a serious sin for many TV eager users-you forgot the iron horse on that rolling open air museum called SRT=train. Many will climb on their pens (sorry, its online here) to put that under your nose.

• Confused 2

Not quite sure...maybe check the Air Asia website? They are re-starting services to Buri Ram 4 times a week and from today onward, there is supposed to be a loosening of inter-provincial travel restrictions. Whether this applies to Buri Ram or not, I can't say. However, if after checking with Air Asia you can't seem to find the answer you're looking for, I would suggest contacting the local Buri Ram authorities or delaying travel until the 4th stage of the lockdowns are lifted.

I know flights and busses are going. I tried contacting the bus company, health department of Buriram and transport office by email and phone and got not answer from any of them. My friend drove there last week, stayed 2 days then drove back to Bkk no problem. 
I’m trying to figure out, if I arrive to the airport or bus station, will there be authorities there putting me into a 14 day quarantine. 

i normally fly to buriram from bkk once a month.  my last trip was in march just before they put the 14 day quarantine in place.  upon landing, i had to load a tracking app on my phone (via line app).  similar to what they are doing in some shopping malls in bkk now.

i think you will still be subject to quarantine if you arrive at the airport.  as far as i know, nok air is making one flight a day.  air asia is not flying the route (i checked just the other day).  i assume they are not flying it because of the quarantine issue.

the people i visit in buriram have had thais drive in and visit for a couple days w/o a problem.  i stay in a hotel and fly in so i can't really sneak in like that.  i don't know where you plan to stay but if it is a hotel, maybe call them. 

i noticed air asia did make the DMK-BFV flight on monday and have one scheduled for wednesday.  i just called my usual hotel, the amari buriram.  they told me if i checked in there i'd have to stay at the hotel, no going around town.  i didn't ask if that meant the property or specifically the room.  they said i could have guests over.  so they seem to still have a quarantine going there.

if you want to go to Big C or Robinson, you can't get in w/o the sticker on your ID/passport.  i forget what they call the sticker, buriram healthy or something like that.