Just back from immigration

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Why?  From what I recall all of this was required in June a year ago, plus a current TM-30 report (and fine payment for being over a decade late).

The TM30 at CW was short lived crackdown. My personal experience last oct at CW, it was not required for annual extension (retirement). Read lot of posts since confirming this. As always can depend on io.

BTW had great treatment as always at CW.

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

I  have never seen this document before. This was even not an original. Just a bad copy.

Title: Statement

At right corner: NR 3

Basically, the landlord has to testify on oath that he is the owner and that I am the tenant. Ver badly worded. I even didn't know it was 2x my name or 1x landlord and 1x me.

New as well that for a rented condo, you need to draw a map.

Then the new form : The acknowledgement of penalties for a visa overstay.

And a form called  : STM 2 Acknowledgement of terms  and conditions for permit of temporary stay in the Kingdo

Actually these three forms have been around for some time (at least before I did my retirement extension at CW in April 2019, same papers in April 2020).

I have never been asked for proof of a TM.30, maybe they substitute 'statement 3' for this. As mentioned above just fill in your own name. They did require a hand-drawn map (some IOs accept business cards or google map print-out) for a rented apartment, but never asked for a copy of the contract or so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

I visited Chaeng Wattana this morning to renew my O_A visa.

I am going to be a bit pedantic here. What exactly were you trying to do at CW. You cannot renew OA visa's in Thailand. I suspect I know what you mean, but if you dont ask a question properly you get wrong answers.

8 minutes ago, jimn said:

I am going to be a bit pedantic here. What exactly were you trying to do at CW. You cannot renew OA visa's in Thailand. I suspect I know what you mean, but if you dont ask a question properly you get wrong answers.

He has to mention O-A, because immigration is pretending it matters if you entered (years ago) on a Non-O or Non-OA, for purposes of selling insurance.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

As usual, utterly ridiculous. When will Thai immigration move into

the 21st century and begin to impose normal regulations. 

Most  likely when there isn't a  single foreigner left in Thailand

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

He has to mention O-A, because immigration is pretending it matters if you entered (years ago) on a Non-O or Non-OA, for purposes of selling insurance.

Doh, I understand that lol. Just saying he cant renew an OA visa. He can apply for a new extension of stay based on retirement, but he hasnt said that.

yes, applying for an extension of stay based on retirement.

Tomorrow back to the battle field. Surely not LOS, I haven't seen anybody smile there.

I just heard about that banks are getting difficult as well.

A very good friend of mine is changing apartment. Went today to UOB to inform about change of address.

1,000,000 questions.

What is your job.

How much money do you earn.

How much money do you send to Thailand.

She is here as a guardian of her child, going to international school. She is not working.

Do they really want us here or just want to see the funds?

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have done 7+ extensions at CW. Always needed a map. I have never hand drawn one as my condo has a flyer with clear map and has always been accepted.

I've extended at CW since it opened and at Suan Plu in Sathorn for some years before that, I've never been asked for a map at either location.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

I rent a condo in BKK. There is no village head.

I. have never seen this document before. This was even not an original. Just a bad copy.

Title: Statement

At right corner: NR 3

Basically, the landlord has to testify on oath that he is the owner and that I am the tenant. Ver badly worded. I even didn't know it was 2x my name or 1x landlord and 1x me.

New as well that for a rented condo, you need to draw a map.

Then the new form : The acknowledgement of penalties for a visa overstay.

And a form called  : STM 2 Acknowledgement of terms  and conditions for permit of temporary stay in the Kingdom.

Plus, pay attention that your health insurance provider has informed immigration of your policy. Showing up with the original doesn't work. They want to see it on their computer.

Well, that's me back tomorrow.

good luck with that 

15 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I wonder why I've never been asked for one, my last application was in April?

So do I.  ????  But believe it used to be just marriage ext being asked as they have to make a trip so maybe because I live with wife they asked me thinking I was going marriage route?  Believe since then have just included Google map and it has been put into file they keep but no specific request made.

15 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

I presume for health insurance , they want to check the policy is still in force and not cancelled after issue of certificate.

Kind of like how they want your bank book to be updated the day you make your application (or within a day at least). Because no one would ever put the money in the bank, update their book and then take the money out again, would they ? 
Or buy a health care policy, get the paperwork and then cancel the policy and try to pass off the paperwork as though it was still valid ?

(It's almost like they somehow know that people really do try to get away with things like that. Almost like they read about people doing exactly those kinds of things on various internet forums or something.)

14 hours ago, OJAS said:

The OP's experiences have led me to the conclusion that Chaengwattana regard themselves as serious contenders for the 2020 Rogue Immigration Office Of The Year award.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking Jomtien has that locked up.

Jomtien is awesome and, from everything I've read on TV over the years, one of the best offices in the country.

As noted in a different thread, I just did my annual Extension at Jomtien and it took about 12 minutes (5 on day 1 and 7 on day 2) to:
(Day 1) Submit my Extension paperwork, have it checked, pay the fee, get my photo taken and;
(Day 2) get my passport back, do my 90 Day Report, apply for and get my new Multi Re-Entry permit. (Yes, you can do your 90 Day Report just like normal if it's due.)

Jomtien has never asked for a "map" of where I live (all I need is just a photocopy of the front and back of my Thai Driver's license as proof of address). 
Also, for years they didn't require anyone on a "yearly Visa" (their words) to submit a TM.28 so long as they were returning to the same address as before and it didn't matter if you went up country for a few days or out of the country for a few weeks.) 
(They didn't require them long before it was basically scrapped everywhere else earlier this year).

(Note: the TM.30 is still in effect though.)

Even during peak times (like Friday and Monday mornings or the day after a long weekend) the very long lines are usually gone by 10/10:30 in the morning. Many people wait until then to go in to do their business because they know that the queues will (normally) be empty by then. (Same in the afternoon, some report that they wait until around 2pm as they usually expect all the "right after lunch" crowd will have been processed and gone by then.)

I rarely hear good things about the CW office (or any others actually). Everywhere else it seems to be a never ending series of complaints about line ups, changing requirements and grumpy IOs.

(And I've never had anyone hit me up for a tip or try to get me to use an "agent" or any other BS. But then what do I know, this was only my 9th Extension renewal.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Jomtien is awesome and, from everything I've read on TV over the years, one of the best offices in the country.

Is that because they are one of the VERY few that require those using money in the bank method to return to imm 90 days after extension granted. 

An office renowned for doing it their way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

this is the document Statement 3 I was talking about.

DBBCF774-C8F5-486A-8A12-A80EA8CC7023.jpeg

I have been given this doc on 3 occasions and have completed it using all of my own details everywhere on the doc signed it and  was accepted ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Wow, are there 2 Jomtien offices, a bright shiny one and a grumpy one?

I don't report to Jomtien, but from several of the reports I have read on the Forum I am quite lucky not having to deal with them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JackThompson said:

@AlfHuy The terms/conditions and penalties for overstay are not new, but just have to sign the forms.  The landlord-doc you describe, I have never heard of.  The TM-30 is required at many offices, but has not been required in recent months at CW. 

It may no longer be a requirement, but when I renewed in April I had a printed copy of my last TM.30 and I handed it over with the other forest of papers, and the IO took it without comment.

17 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

this is the document Statement 3 I was talking about.

DBBCF774-C8F5-486A-8A12-A80EA8CC7023.jpeg

Yup, that's the one. You guarantee that you are who you say you are, you say you are, you say you are...is there an echo in here? It's the most ridiculous statement and clearly of no particular merit; as some have noted, on a previous occasion I was asked to sign it blank.

16 hours ago, buick said:

i was handed that statement 3 thing when i got my queue number last week (at CW).  i threw it in the trash thinking it didn't apply to me.  but they gave me another one when i was at the IO desk.  so i filled it out, i guess i guaranteed myself.  it was strange but it got the job done.  i didn't have to draw a map of my apt location.  nor did i have to produce any evidence of where i live.

edit:  i was extending an extension of stay that originated from a non O using 800k in the bank.

Yes, you guarantee yourself, that you are yourself.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The TM30 at CW was short lived crackdown. My personal experience last oct at CW, it was not required for annual extension (retirement). Read lot of posts since confirming this. As always can depend on io.

BTW had great treatment as always at CW.

See my first comment above.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Sorry, do not talk rubbish.

I have done my homework. I have every single document required, copies and even more documents then required.

Have you ever seen the Statement 3 or STM.2 or the Acknowledgement of penalties for a visa overstay-form?

Sorry mate,  but I think if you research some past threads on immigration, you'll find if a person says anything  in the least bit not complementary about the immigration dept. or the process, the poster will be attacked by  a number of  forum posters.   It's just the TVF norm.

Regarding  the requested  map, I wonder if they accept a  printed out screen shot of the navigation by Google Map?    Certainly that'd be more accurate than any had drawn map.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

are there 2 Jomtien offices, a bright shiny one and a grumpy one?

I am lucky with that also,

since 2000, shiny at Soi 9 Pattaya, and idem at Jomtien, since opening there.

As I am regularly staying in Thonglor, I thought to report and do everything at C.W., but changed my mind.

21 hours ago, BobbyL said:

As usual, utterly ridiculous. When will Thai immigration move into

the 21st century and begin to impose normal regulations. 

I guess you have never lived in any other country?  Thailand is far easier than most others. Thats why so many expats keep coming to live here. 

2 hours ago, norbra said:

I have been given this doc on 3 occasions and have completed it using all of my own details everywhere on the doc signed it and  was accepted ok

Just curious do you own the accommodation? In my case I do so they let me just do the statement#3 myself.

6 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How hard is to visit immigration after 90 days showing 4 signed copies? It takes 30 seconds, and maybe do the 90 days report at the same time. Is your time so valuable? 

I did my 1 year extension at Jomtien last week. I didn't have to sign any documents (or draw a map) other than my batch of copies of this and that. I was out of the office in a few minutes. So, please continue to visit CW or some other office with really ridiculous requirements. 

Yeh, but you arrive in a wheelchair....................????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

How hard is to visit immigration after 90 days showing 4 signed copies?

Continue living in your own little bubble..

For many travelling to their imm office that meaning any office, can be big deal. Meaning hours of travel etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

Regarding  the requested  map, I wonder if they accept a  printed out screen shot of the navigation by Google Map?    Certainly that'd be more accurate than any had drawn map.

At CW in April they accepted my printed out Google map.

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Wow, are there 2 Jomtien offices, a bright shiny one and a grumpy one?

I don't report to Jomtien, but from several of the reports I have read on the Forum I am quite lucky not having to deal with them...

Yes.  Family-based or "change of visa type" (aka "conversion") are AWFUL.  Retirement is OK if you use the "money in the bank" option. 
All services "no problem" - with or without any financials (bank-money or income-proof) - if you use one of their agent-partners.  The last option works for many offices - just the agent-fees change.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

I guess you have never lived in any other country?  Thailand is far easier than most others. Thats why so many expats keep coming to live here. 

Much easier in the PI and Cambodia.  In the PI, they outlawed "fixer" agents, so the staff are friendly and polite - not looking to force to to an agent.  In Cambodia, agents are cheap - never see an IO - and you get multi-entry automatically.

• Like 2

Some folks do their own immigration work and have had no issues, others well ... for whatever reasons. This is why I decided to use a local agency which keeps up with the changing requirements, has standing relationship with the local immigration off personnel and have a running record of my immigration needs. They handle the 90 day reports, the Extension of Stay renewals contacting me when it is time to file something. Worth it to me.

• Like 1