BANGKOK

12 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Jomtien is awesome and, from everything I've read on TV over the years, one of the best offices in the country.

Is that because they are one of the VERY few that require those using money in the bank method to return to imm 90 days after extension granted. 

An office renowned for doing it their way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

this is the document Statement 3 I was talking about.

DBBCF774-C8F5-486A-8A12-A80EA8CC7023.jpeg

I have been given this doc on 3 occasions and have completed it using all of my own details everywhere on the doc signed it and  was accepted ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Jomtien is awesome and, from everything I've read on TV over the years, one of the best offices in the country.

Wow, are there 2 Jomtien offices, a bright shiny one and a grumpy one?

I don't report to Jomtien, but from several of the reports I have read on the Forum I am quite lucky not having to deal with them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems when they stopped taking the envelopes under the desk

the problems began to mount.

I liked the old way slip them the envelope and get your stamp.

17 hours ago, JackThompson said:

@AlfHuy The terms/conditions and penalties for overstay are not new, but just have to sign the forms.  The landlord-doc you describe, I have never heard of.  The TM-30 is required at many offices, but has not been required in recent months at CW. 

It may no longer be a requirement, but when I renewed in April I had a printed copy of my last TM.30 and I handed it over with the other forest of papers, and the IO took it without comment.

17 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

this is the document Statement 3 I was talking about.

DBBCF774-C8F5-486A-8A12-A80EA8CC7023.jpeg

Yup, that's the one. You guarantee that you are who you say you are, you say you are, you say you are...is there an echo in here? It's the most ridiculous statement and clearly of no particular merit; as some have noted, on a previous occasion I was asked to sign it blank.

16 hours ago, buick said:

i was handed that statement 3 thing when i got my queue number last week (at CW).  i threw it in the trash thinking it didn't apply to me.  but they gave me another one when i was at the IO desk.  so i filled it out, i guess i guaranteed myself.  it was strange but it got the job done.  i didn't have to draw a map of my apt location.  nor did i have to produce any evidence of where i live.

edit:  i was extending an extension of stay that originated from a non O using 800k in the bank.

Yes, you guarantee yourself, that you are yourself.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The TM30 at CW was short lived crackdown. My personal experience last oct at CW, it was not required for annual extension (retirement). Read lot of posts since confirming this. As always can depend on io.

BTW had great treatment as always at CW.

See my first comment above.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Sorry, do not talk rubbish.

I have done my homework. I have every single document required, copies and even more documents then required.

Have you ever seen the Statement 3 or STM.2 or the Acknowledgement of penalties for a visa overstay-form?

Sorry mate,  but I think if you research some past threads on immigration, you'll find if a person says anything  in the least bit not complementary about the immigration dept. or the process, the poster will be attacked by  a number of  forum posters.   It's just the TVF norm.

Regarding  the requested  map, I wonder if they accept a  printed out screen shot of the navigation by Google Map?    Certainly that'd be more accurate than any had drawn map.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

are there 2 Jomtien offices, a bright shiny one and a grumpy one?

I am lucky with that also,

since 2000, shiny at Soi 9 Pattaya, and idem at Jomtien, since opening there.

As I am regularly staying in Thonglor, I thought to report and do everything at C.W., but changed my mind.

21 hours ago, BobbyL said:

As usual, utterly ridiculous. When will Thai immigration move into

the 21st century and begin to impose normal regulations. 

I guess you have never lived in any other country?  Thailand is far easier than most others. Thats why so many expats keep coming to live here. 

2 hours ago, norbra said:

I have been given this doc on 3 occasions and have completed it using all of my own details everywhere on the doc signed it and  was accepted ok

Just curious do you own the accommodation? In my case I do so they let me just do the statement#3 myself.

6 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How hard is to visit immigration after 90 days showing 4 signed copies? It takes 30 seconds, and maybe do the 90 days report at the same time. Is your time so valuable? 

I did my 1 year extension at Jomtien last week. I didn't have to sign any documents (or draw a map) other than my batch of copies of this and that. I was out of the office in a few minutes. So, please continue to visit CW or some other office with really ridiculous requirements. 

Yeh, but you arrive in a wheelchair....................🤭

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

How hard is to visit immigration after 90 days showing 4 signed copies?

Continue living in your own little bubble..

For many travelling to their imm office that meaning any office, can be big deal. Meaning hours of travel etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

Regarding  the requested  map, I wonder if they accept a  printed out screen shot of the navigation by Google Map?    Certainly that'd be more accurate than any had drawn map.

At CW in April they accepted my printed out Google map.

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Wow, are there 2 Jomtien offices, a bright shiny one and a grumpy one?

I don't report to Jomtien, but from several of the reports I have read on the Forum I am quite lucky not having to deal with them...

Yes.  Family-based or "change of visa type" (aka "conversion") are AWFUL.  Retirement is OK if you use the "money in the bank" option. 
All services "no problem" - with or without any financials (bank-money or income-proof) - if you use one of their agent-partners.  The last option works for many offices - just the agent-fees change.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

I guess you have never lived in any other country?  Thailand is far easier than most others. Thats why so many expats keep coming to live here. 

Much easier in the PI and Cambodia.  In the PI, they outlawed "fixer" agents, so the staff are friendly and polite - not looking to force to to an agent.  In Cambodia, agents are cheap - never see an IO - and you get multi-entry automatically.

• Like 2

Some folks do their own immigration work and have had no issues, others well ... for whatever reasons. This is why I decided to use a local agency which keeps up with the changing requirements, has standing relationship with the local immigration off personnel and have a running record of my immigration needs. They handle the 90 day reports, the Extension of Stay renewals contacting me when it is time to file something. Worth it to me.

• Like 1