Marriage Visa and health insurance

Here is my problem, I went for renewal of my retirement visa. 

I thought I had everything covered. All the little extras they want for this year. 

But no, I have 800,000 in the bank, but it has only been in 8 months, they changed from 6 month to 1 year on the money. 

The lady said to bad no visa for you. I ask , what if I change to a married visa, she thought and said money is fine for marriage visa. 

OK cool, but I have no health insurance, not required for a retirement non O , ..

Now I would like health insurance, I have very good back in the States, but none here.

Add to it I have had cancer and do have Atrial Fibrillation and some lung issues.

At 71 with health issues I just don't qualify for health ins at a price I can afford. ....

Question does any know for sure if health ins is required for Marriage Visa?  ..

I am between a rock and a hard place, and I damn sure do not want to go back to the USA now.

That place is a death trap now. 

Thanks for any kind of help in this.

Edited by PatchinExPat
misspelling

2 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

But no, I have 800,000 in the bank, but it has only been in 8 months, they changed from 6 month to 1 year on the money. 

It only needs to be in bank for 2 months (previously 3 months).

Did you keep a 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after your applied last year and then 400k baht until you topped it up to 800k baht. That is a requirement that went into effect on March 1st of last year.

I have a similar problem.

Marriage visa extension of stay, re-entry permit granted. extended because of covid as I understand.

Do I need health insurance when I am able to return.

Thanks for any help. I a newbi just trying to lear how to use the site.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to standard font instead of all caps.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:47 PM, FGPG said:

Marriage visa extension of stay, re-entry permit granted. extended because of covid as I understand.

If your extension has of stay has expired while you are outside the country it has not been extended. You will have to apply for new one when you return. Best to get a new non-o visa before returning.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:47 PM, FGPG said:

Do I need health insurance when I am able to return.

It is unknown what will be required on or after July 1st to enter the country if the passenger flight ban is lifted.

If required you would need it to enter the country. Under the previous order covid 19 insurance with a $100.000 max payout was needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage to a Thai. No insurance is required to apply for it.

Joe, is it the case that health insurance is not required, no matter what kind of visa you originally entered on? My original visa was O-A. If I extend it based on marriage  does that avoid the need for an immigration-approved health insurance policy? (I have health insurance, it just doesn't include outpatient cover).

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Joe, is it the case that health insurance is not required, no matter what kind of visa you originally entered on? My original visa was O-A. If I extend it based on marriage  does that avoid the need for an immigration-approved health insurance policy? (I have health insurance, it just doesn't include outpatient cover).

Insurance is not shown in the clause of the police order for a extension of stay based upon marriage. No need for it even if you entered on a OA visa.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

Insurance is not shown in the clause of the police order for a extension of stay based upon marriage. No need for it even if you entered on a OA visa.

Thanks for that - and it was totally accurate. I handed in my application for an extension of permission to stay based on marriage, on Friday and my paperwork (without insurance documents) was accepted. Now I just have to wait for the 30 days "under consideration" period to be up.

It was the first time I've done a marriage extension so I was a little nervous but it really wasn't that bad. It took a bit longer (and required a bunch more paperwork) than a retirement extension but apart from the time involved it was pretty straightforward. The worst part was having to sign every single piece of paper in both sets of copies (my wife also had to sign about half of them). I was starting to get writer's cramp by the end.

They came and did the home visit straight away. The guy in the office said they already had someone out in our neighbourhood doing visits so he told us to drive straight home and the officer would meet us there. I had just finished parking the car when he showed up at our gate.

He stayed about twenty minutes chatting to my wife and the neighbour who came round to take the pictures of us with him in all the same places as the photos we'd submitted of the two of us.

• Like 1