Thailand and Asian countries are too slow to open up: June 3 Italy, June 15 Greece to open to foreign tourists

JohnBZ

Those opening early have been hammered by the covid, opening early is not really an issue moving forward.

Thailand having had very few cases is wise to stay closed longer............ or gt hammered by the covid.

There are flights leaving the Thailand if you want to entertain that Europe vacation !!

Edited by Don Mega

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Those opening early have been hammered by the covid, opening early is not really an issue moving forward.

Thailand having had very few cases is wise to stay closed longer............ or gt hammered by the covid.

There are flights leaving the Thailand if you want to entertain that Europe vacation !!

Are you kidding?  They do not allow US passports holders I think.  The admission in these European countries are based on nationality and not where you live, I believe. They keep their allies out but welcome asians.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JohnBZ said:

Are you kidding?  They do not allow US passports holders I think.  The admission in these European countries are based on nationality and not where you live, I believe. They keep their allies out but welcome asians.

Your entry issues into Europe are not my concern and I was merely suggesting that you can fly out of Thailand should your heart desire.

12 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

Asian infection rate is generally order of magnitude lower than European.  Why are asians so slow in opening up?

There you have your answer. They are worried that foreign visitors will bring the virus with them, causing a second wave.

12 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

US has allies? Not any more. Trump burned those bridges.

Probably true, not every one likes Trump:)

Still in the unlikely event of Russian invasion, they still are counting on Americans to come to their rescue, right?

42 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

Looks like Greece is an option to U.S. folk, among others, from June 15. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-30/greece-opens-borders-to-all-continents-from-june-15-with-rules

29 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

Probably true, not every one likes Trump:)

Still in the unlikely event of Russian invasion, they still are counting on Americans to come to their rescue, right?

Wrong. Trump would never go against Putin. Putin has too much on him, whether it be the Moscow Trump Tower debacle, the pee pee tapes or something as yet undisclosed.

What did the US do when the Russians invaded and annexed Crimea? Zip. Diddly squat.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

Looks like Greece is an option to U.S. folk, among others, from June 15. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-30/greece-opens-borders-to-all-continents-from-june-15-with-rules

Greece needs the tourist dollar, just like Thailand needs it too. The difference is the Euro countries are going in to their peak season, Thailand is in the low season and can (relatively speaking) afford to wait a bit.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, Phil McCaverty said:

What did the US do when the Russians invaded and annexed Crimea? Zip. Diddly squat.

Point of order: That was not on Trump's watch.  That was O'bummer...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Point of order: That was not on Trump's watch.  That was O'bummer...

I said the US not Trump. However, when trump was asked if he was going to do something about Crimea when he first took office he said, "That's Europe's problem, not ours".