Tesco Lotus probes case of ‘eggs that hatched worms’

webfact

Tesco Lotus probes case of ‘eggs that hatched worms’

By The Nation

800_fd31a88659ed038.jpg?v=1591001102

Tesco Lotus has announced that a sample of its eggs that took on a weird worm-like appearance after being boiled will be sent for testing.

Rangsiya Sara-uppatham, a 34-year-old Chonburi resident, yesterday (May 31) posted photos of the eggs, which she said she bought at a Tesco Lotus store.

To her surprise, the photos quickly drew attention from Thai netizens who were full of questions as to what had caused the bizarre phenomenon.

Tesco Lotus and the Department of Disease Control have sent representatives to check the sample of eggs and remove them for testing at a laboratory.

The test will take about a week. Meanwhile Tesco Lotus is checking its egg farms in an effort to get to the bottom of the mystery and make sure it does not happen again.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388883

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-01

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kotsak said:

I see lottery numbers in there.. ????

Don,t tell my Missus.   First thing in the morning......you dream anything???  Now she collapsed again in tears. ....  I not win, wrong numbers....   Hanoi is on and then VIP soon.  

17 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Bizarre...never seen anything so disturbing coming from an egg...some sick hens out there.

If those are a type of tape worm then god help anyone who eats one of those eggs sunny side up !

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

going there next week for the dog and cat meat festival and will probably indulge in some pig colon - duck heads - chick in egg including feathers nicely boiled - all sorts of brains from all sorts of animals (Chinese are so smart), then perhaps some bird spit followed by raw chicken balls (testicles) - not the mention the bat soup and rhino horn, oh I miss it so much 

throw it all in a big pot together a culinary delight - why even cook it - just eat it raw while the viruses are still fresh and infectible

can't wait 

Weird egg(s). Wonder if one was cracked at some point before she bought them (or after she bought them). There's no indication if she had them for a week or a month before finding that one and no indication if she cracked it open and it was like that or if she cooked it then opened it.

At first it looked to me like she may have tried to microwave one of those weird "coloured" eggs (I think they put a pinhole in the shell and then inject soy sauce or something into them ?) Hard to tell from the pic what it actually is. I don't think they are flat worms but who knows.

Speaking of weird things:

http://www.veryhungrynomads.com/10-bizarre-foods-china/

https://listverse.com/2020/03/16/bizarre-chinese-food/

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/weird-chinese-food.htm

Yeah, sheep's penis, "balut" (unhatched baby chicken cooked in it's shell), chicken testicles and "stinky tofu" are just a few of the weird things.

Almost as bad as taking the innards of an animal, mushing it up and stuffing it into it's stomach and then cooking it. (Traditional Haggis)

Of course, in Thailand no one would eat weird bugs the look almost exactly like cockroaches, or other bugs, and larva, or baby frogs, or roasted Cane Rat.

That'd be just weird !! 

• Like 2

Well the results will be interesting, from the last 2 packs of eggs purchased at a small but busy tesco end date 12/6/20 3 were stinking rotten when cracked open, nope i didn't take them back but quick to dispose of, even our neighbour got a scent from them absolutely stunk.

Bvadrrrrr.

This is not food for dogs or humans.

These eggs are very old, and maybe staying long time in the sun to help these monsters to grow.

Tesco should take better care of what they are selling and their suppliers should be much better to control their food production.

A stamped end date is ok, but what about an production date, no customer can see how old these eggs are. The reality is that many eggs is old before they are going to be sold in the shops. And in the process from eggfarm to eggdealer and then to the shops the eggs is not cooled and this proces can take weeks.

Just yesterday I was reading about a guy in UK, who says he

got a cats @rsehole  in his Tesco curry, that's what it looked

but when sent for testing it was a very large blood vessel,

which is nearly as bad.

regards Worgeordie

18 hours ago, smedly said:

Looks like something they would eat in China

From my experience of working in China early nineties all I can say is if it walks, swims, flies, or farts, they will eat it ....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Weird egg(s). Wonder if one was cracked at some point before she bought them (or after she bought them). There's no indication if she had them for a week or a month before finding that one and no indication if she cracked it open and it was like that or if she cooked it then opened it.

At first it looked to me like she may have tried to microwave one of those weird "coloured" eggs (I think they put a pinhole in the shell and then inject soy sauce or something into them ?) Hard to tell from the pic what it actually is. I don't think they are flat worms but who knows.

Speaking of weird things:

http://www.veryhungrynomads.com/10-bizarre-foods-china/

https://listverse.com/2020/03/16/bizarre-chinese-food/

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/weird-chinese-food.htm

Yeah, sheep's penis, "balut" (unhatched baby chicken cooked in it's shell), chicken testicles and "stinky tofu" are just a few of the weird things.

Almost as bad as taking the innards of an animal, mushing it up and stuffing it into it's stomach and then cooking it. (Traditional Haggis)

Of course, in Thailand no one would eat weird bugs the look almost exactly like cockroaches, or other bugs, and larva, or baby frogs, or roasted Cane Rat.

That'd be just weird !! 

chicken testicles

Never imagined that chickens had such large B'lls

35 minutes ago, ravip said:

chicken testicles

Never imagined that chickens had such large B'lls

Seems they look like white beans.

And of course, some people call their balls "eggs" so it seems some chickens have balls and others eggs and some people have both ! (And eat both.)
Hmmm, male chickens are called C0cks. So if you eat chicken tenders and chicken testicles, you are really eating C0ck and Balls.    

In the Prairies of Canada, they have a treat called "prairies oysters" - which are actually bulls balls. I really, really have no desire to go anywhere near a bull's balls, let alone eat them !

WuFlu Oysters ? Chinese Beans ? Chicken balls ?
chicken-testicles.jpg.3edf639a131be2dc9bced15e8f778e52.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Please remember, Tesco Lotus is no longer a British Company - it is owned by the CP Group - big producers of chickens and eggs!! 

Not yet it isn't. Offer approved, but now they wait to see if it will be approved by the Thai authorities regarding monopolies. Will be some time before Tesco stops looking like Tesco!

• Thanks 1