KFC in Bangkok

On 6/1/2020 at 4:59 PM, fondue zoo said:

I was looking online today and you can't choose Original recipe.

https://www.kfc.co.th

From what I was told they supply deliveries from the nearest physical store.

You can (or at least you could). I ordered it multiple times in store. They have the "hot and spicy" version and the "captain chicken". Maybe online not available? I just checked on foodpanda and also there not available. Maybe they removed it. But I'm sure I ordered it many times and last time not more than a couple months ago.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:30 PM, torturedsole said:

Everything from KFC in LOS seems so salty.  

I believe they have a nutrition info guide somewhere. From what I recall, pretty much everything on KFC's menu is loaded down with TONS of salt...

Though, that's not necessarily exclusive to Thailand, as a lot of convenience restaurant food chains in the U.S. are in the same boat.

KFC in Thailand is not as good as in USA.

Cons:

- Chicken meat are not fresh, I can eat fresher chicken in Thai eateries. It must have been stored for a few weeks before it is sold.

- French fries portion is too little.

Pros:

- You can have the spicier version in Thailand

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Every couple of months I go there. I like the Zinger Burger. And the coleslaw is great.

But I think the chicken pieces are too oily.

And any french fries is small compared to the competition.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, nikmar said:

Ive always regretted eating KFC in Thailand. Fries are miniscule and cold and the chicken is not good.

Im a fan of Mos burgers though. ????

On 6/1/2020 at 5:36 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Disappointing...small portions...over priced...overly seasoned...KFC in name only. 

Pay 7 Baht more to "Go large" and get bigger portions 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

KFC in Thailand is not as good as in USA.

Cons:

- Chicken meat are not fresh, I can eat fresher chicken in Thai eateries. It must have been stored for a few weeks before it is sold.

- French fries portion is too little.

Pros:

- You can have the spicier version in Thailand

And the nutritional value in both countries, 0 and 0!

• Confused 1

KFC in Thailand is very sad and disappointing compare to other countries, very limited small menu compare to Philippines and Japan KFC. Their product is absolute <deleted>, from their cheap tasteless french fries that taste like a bag or frozen chips from Big C to their bland old chicken they use. Texas Chicken is way better but majority of Thais only know KFC especially in Issan and smaller city's where they dont even have Texas chicken and think KFC is the one and end all when it comes to chicken.

22 minutes ago, dsj said:

There's a new Chicken outlet here in Thailand, it's called Texas Chicken, in the United States and Canada it's called Church's chicken, I like it better.

They also have Texas Chicken in Malaysia... it's OK in terms of the chicken, but the real perk is the jalapeno cheese poppers. 

17 minutes ago, dsj said:

There's a new Chicken outlet here in Thailand, it's called Texas Chicken, in the United States and Canada it's called Church's chicken, I like it better.

Nice one from the pictures it looks promising. Here in phuket just 2 stores though. There is also Chesters but never tried as it doesn't look really good to my eyes but who knows. Looks popular among Thais.

8 minutes ago, time2093 said:

KFC in Thailand is very sad and disappointing compare to other countries, very limited small menu compare to Philippines and Japan KFC. Their product is absolute <deleted>, from their cheap tasteless french fries that taste like a bag or frozen chips from Big C to their bland old chicken they use. Texas Chicken is way better but majority of Thais only know KFC especially in Issan and smaller city's where they dont even have Texas chicken and think KFC is the one and end all when it comes to chicken.

Talking about Big C... if you are near one, your best bet is to buy a whole roast chicken from there. Much nicer than KFC I think. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

They also have Texas Chicken in Malaysia... it's OK in terms of the chicken, but the real perk is the jalapeno cheese poppers. 

I prefer the Malaysian Chicken in Texas  , one of the few places that serves rice in Texas

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

It has the texture of cheese

Its more like Tofu than meat

Depends where you buy, and how fresh they happen to be. I've had good ones with nice skin and tender meat... but also bad ones too... it's a bit of a lottery, granted.

If I need to "purge" my system, KFC good place to go

Texas chicken is okay, but dang I wish Popeye's was here: chicken much better and can get red beans and rice.

Long time ago there was one in Silom, but no more.

That said, the chicken I get from street stalls at a fraction of the price, fried or grilled, leads me to conclude it is either fear or "status" that keeps KFC going

• Haha 1