KFC in Bangkok

On 6/1/2020 at 5:36 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Disappointing...small portions...over priced...overly seasoned...KFC in name only. 

Agreed, and after one pulls off and discards the oily fried battered skin the portions are then miniscule.

The burgers also seem to have become smaller in size over the years.

1 hour ago, dsj said:

There's a new Chicken outlet here in Thailand, it's called Texas Chicken, in the United States and Canada it's called Church's chicken, I like it better.

Texas is not too bad but their portions are getting smaller from when they started a short time ago and the prices have gone up a little bit.

A few weeks ago counted 5 french fries in their medium packet serving.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Texas is not too bad but their portions are getting smaller from when they started a short time ago and the prices have gone up a little bit.

A few weeks ago counted 5 french fries in their medium packet serving.

5 chips? I don't believe you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

5 chips? I don't believe you.

5 french fries it was, at the Texas chicken outlet in zeer rangsit mall. The packet even looked awfully empty.

It did seem to be an exception though, usually their french fry packets do have more fries in them.

Edited by userabcd

One of my great regrets in life is that I didn't have my photo taken with The Colonel. I was in Dubai quite a number of years ago, before camera phones were in everyone's pocket, and an amazing lookalike was there at my hotel, in town to promote the brand or open a new store or something. I chatted with him and he told me he had actually been a friend of the real 'Colonel'.

Can you imagine the face I'd have gained with Thailand's 'entertainment providers' if I'd have produced a photo of me with The Colonel. I'd have been swamped with admirers. I wouldn't even have needed to be 'handsome'. An opportunity lost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pookett said:

Having had the misfortune of eating KFC in a few countries, with the notable omission of USA, the wife and kids like it.

For me it's total garbage anywhere! In Thailand you can get far better all around you.

I always love posts like this, decrying a product (KFC, McDonalds, Starbucks) popular with countless millions around the world. Companies giving people what they want. That's always a winning business model. It's a quick, simple meal, and places that sell it are always busy with happy customers.

I'm personally rather indifferent. I quite like the spicy wings and the pop bits, but I wouldn't have it more than once or twice a month for convenience or a change.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain the secret recipe is available online, a person if so inclined could probably make their own KFC with quality fresh chicken.

Just spent almost an hour drooling over images of Texas barbecue meat, will visit that place one day.

r/food - [I ate] Texas BBQ

On 6/1/2020 at 5:36 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Disappointing...small portions...over priced...overly seasoned...KFC in name only. 

Same c.ap the world over!!! 5555????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN

On 6/1/2020 at 5:59 PM, fondue zoo said:

you can't choose Original recipe.

Ok I was confused for a minute there.... you talking about online order and deliver. The KFC in Tesco Lotus tell them not spicy and

its the original 

4 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

KFC is rubbish here but it seems to be an acceptable restaurant for a first date unlike in the west.

In Japan it's become a tradition to take the family/friends

to KFC on Christmas

• Sad 1

Like it or hate it, KFC helped save my life in Egypt of all places in 1988 after I and seven others caught amoebic dysentary, after eating filthy food on a train from Cairo to Aswan. Two Irish nurses nearly died and all except me were hospitalised and also got hepatitis - holidays ruined. Within hours of being infected we all got violent stomach cramps, followed by extreme diaharrea and vomiting blood. My life was saved because I was a serving army Officer at the time and had noticed a wounded man with blonde hair and blue eyes being carried in to a hospital by others of similar appearance - definitely non-arabs. They were Russian soldiers and were helping Egypt was in some fight with Sudan. I got the Ruski doctor to treat me - his medicine worked, but I recall the stomach cramp pain was what I assume a woman must feel when giving birth. I lost 12kg in 7 days and looked like a survivor from a holocaust camp. My ticket out was not for another week and I lived on KFC and nothing else. It was the only thing I risked eating in that s-hole of a country. Have to agree with the bloke from Hervey Bay Oz though - the local KFC here in NSW is oily rubbish. I think it is pot-luck. The Egyptian stuff was OK and I like the Thai version too. Oh, by the way - cross Egypt off your bucket list....

On 6/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, tlandtday said:

I personally find most of the kfc here well managed and very good with good prices and in fact better than most I encountered in Los Angeles and CA.  Certainly better prices.  Good value.

I like it that you can get 7 up as much as you want.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Every couple of months I go there. I like the Zinger Burger. And the coleslaw is great.

But I think the chicken pieces are too oily.

And any french fries is small compared to the competition.

That is my big complaint and why I always get Mash as their portions of French Fries are ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And even that bigger portion is tiny.

A couple of years ago the food prices shot up dramatically. Most shops increased prices, but KFC main customer base are very price sensitive students. So instead of increasing prices, they've shrinked sizes. I still remember Sizzler's grilled salmon going from 299 to 699 baht overnight.