KFC in Bangkok

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Thai kfc is and always has been <deleted>, same in the Philippines.

Anemic slimy chicken.

No way its the same, In the Philippines the KFC menu is huge with lots of good selections, crispy fries, chicken pizza wraps, all kind of chicken mash potato cheese bowls, brownies, unlimited gravy dispensers and more. The Thais dont even know what gravy is.

Edited by time2093

1 hour ago, Creasy said:

Absolutely tasteless and bland compared to KFC in Oz.

The natives seem to go crazy with the condiment dispensers too.

to be honest, KFC in Oz is nothing to write home about, iv'e had chicken burgers from the Queen st mall branch in Brisbane and other places and it was mostly cr_ap. The french fries are absolute rubbish .... I don't think a dog would eat them, and the one's made here are worse.

Edited by steven100

In the west KFC is awesome about half the time.  Otherwise terrible.   Very inconsistent compared to most other franchises.   Given up hoping for a decent one after half a dozen fails in Thailand (but at least the failure is consistent).

Same everywhere I look not have original available, not sure if they are trying to delete, if they do its the end of KFC for me, get sick of eating spicy chicken everywhere. Next it will be Hungry Jacks removing beef and substituting with pork. 

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

What's confusing Bob, do you think chicken & fries are good for you?

Well you said nutritional value 0, that's wrong because chicken is one of the best source of protein and eating KFC means eating a lot of proteins , a decent amount of fats and also carbs. All in all if you eat it once in a while and you do heavy workouts can be considered a good meal macro-wise. Of course, if you eat it everyday and don't do exercise it will make you a fatass and give you digestion problems especially for the fried flour coating.

• Like 1

KFC in Thailand is the best KFC on the planet. I’ve never had the chicken bigger, softer or the skin crispier. (I only eat the original, not the hit and spicy). I find the consistency all over Thailand pretty good. I’ve given up eating in most western countries a long time ago.

for those saying they can’t get / is difficult to get original, this can be a pita. I’ve managed to get the phone numbers of shops that I know I will go to and I tell them I’m coming. Give them 30 min advanced notice and you’re good to go. 

Edited by ncc1701d
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, tlandtday said:

I personally find most of the kfc here well managed and very good with good prices and in fact better than most I encountered in Los Angeles and CA.  Certainly better prices.  Good value.

You can't say that KFC has a good value when you can buy fried chicken in any street corner or market for less than half the (normal pre-covid-19) price. 

KFC Traditional Recipe. I can confirm what Fondue Zoo states about the unavailability of original. We drove to 3 outlets yesterday afternoon, 1 in Ang Thong and 2 in Singburi. The manageress at the last outlet informed us that KFC had run out of the original at all outlets within this district. So this is probably the case elsewhere.  

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You can't say that KFC has a good value when you can buy fried chicken in any street corner or market for less than half the (normal pre-covid-19) price. 

You can discuss many things but cannot tell me that any Thai street vendor's fried coating is the same as KFC.

Not a great KFC fan, always seems very greasy with too much skin and occasionally some dodgy meat inside.

Texas chicken ( Church’s ) is a refreshing change, good value and a good menu ( IMHO ) . 
Wraps, honey glazed “ biscuits “ , Coleslaw and mash make a nice change. Never had the fries there so cannot comment .

Over 30 years since I had KFC in the UK but liked it then, especially the gravy.

KFC in Japan has better chicken.  In Thailand I find it to be way oilier and the chicken quality not so good.  The GF sometimes convinces me to buy it.

I have read bad things about the oil used for the street chicken and don't like the taste of it. 

For some reason original is not available for another two months they tell me.  I don't know if it is covid related or what is going on with the franchises?  I remember years back the now named Pizza company used to be Pizza hut then????

On 6/4/2020 at 6:39 PM, possum1931 said:

But well overpriced.

22THB is a competitive price in BKK. There are less expensive one, but I haven't found any that I give the thumbs up to regarding the custard and flaky crust. It's the only thing that I buy from this place. 

On 6/4/2020 at 5:28 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

One of my great regrets in life is that I didn't have my photo taken with The Colonel. I was in Dubai quite a number of years ago, before camera phones were in everyone's pocket, and an amazing lookalike was there at my hotel, in town to promote the brand or open a new store or something. I chatted with him and he told me he had actually been a friend of the real 'Colonel'.

Can you imagine the face I'd have gained with Thailand's 'entertainment providers' if I'd have produced a photo of me with The Colonel. I'd have been swamped with admirers. I wouldn't even have needed to be 'handsome'. An opportunity lost.

Hi Barry,Back in the day when I was 15/16 yo I worked at a KFC outlet in a city south of Toronto.The colonel was living in TO and every year on his birthday he would visit many of the franchises in the area.He actually stopped at our branch on his 75th birthday to meet and greet and I saw him large as life. He looked just like the cardboard cut-outs you see now. A big deal for a kid in those days. Seemed very nice to the staff. He also hosted a seminar at the Royal York hotel that I got to go to.

• Like 1

Personally i find the KFC here lacking....numerous times had issues....cold fries...count how many give you on one hand sometimes....and the ( crispy chicken ...very little inside )...the sandwiches are totally worthless...nothing there....be a fact...

4 hours ago, yrag said:

Not anymore....

What? I ate KFC in the week that just gone by. Always order different to suit wife and kid as well as me. No problem whatsoever.

It´s really sick when KFC, a sleazy bad quality fast food chain, starts to get many threads in a forum. Then we know what is important for people living in or interested in Thailand. This is starting to be a big joke!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What? I ate KFC in the week that just gone by. Always order different to suit wife and kid as well as me. No problem whatsoever.

It´s really sick when KFC, a sleazy bad quality fast food chain, starts to get many threads in a forum. Then we know what is important for people living in or interested in Thailand. This is starting to be a big joke!

Apply to become a mod, then you can oversee threads that sicken you such as KFC.

However, maybe best to leave out the words "always order".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, james.d said:

Apply to become a mod, then you can oversee threads that sicken you such as KFC.

However, maybe best to leave out the words "always order".

Why would I leave out the words "always order"? Allergic?

original has only recently stopped but its  due to supply we were told but is ok when they have it, coleslaw is great as always, pops are ok, chicken is too at some stores same with fries but I always tell them I want  fresh cooked ones only not any they have had sitting on their shelves as they are usually cold or have been re fried a couple of times, I  like the fish burger as well