Thailand Elite 6 months extension due to Covid-19

Like all the other members I received an email this afternoon, informing members about a 6-month membership extension due to the Covid-19 situation. 

I asked TE how this would work in practice and if it is an extension of the membership benefits only or a proper 6 months extension of the VISA. And if the latter, how it would be done. So, I sent a quick email to TE to which they replied:

- If your membership expires on 30th June 2022 so your membership will be extended to 31st December 2022.
- If your visa expires on 30th June 2022 and you travel on 1st July 2022, you will over stay for 1 day then we would like to recommend you to fly out before 30th June 2020 and when you come back you can get the new Elite visa sticker for another 6 months. (You are required to advise us 5 working days in advance to get the new Elite visa sticker on your arrival at the airport).

If that´s how it will work with a proper new VISA, then I am happy with it. Fingers crossed! ????

DUS

Email’s as follows. Sorry, couldn’t work out how to post the terms and conditions. They just ask for your email, card number and name, seemed to work for me, though I’ve not received a confirmation yet.

Dear Valued Members:

Greetings from Thailand Elite and hope this message finds you well

We, Thailand Privilege Card are conscious of the challenges that our honored members face during the COVID-19 outbreak. We are writing to ensure you that we fully understand your unpleasant situation caused by this crisis and the impact it has on your travel to Thailand.

Thailand Privilege Card takes this opportunity to update our valued members regarding a remedy for our existing members due to the spread of COVID-19. We are honestly pleased to give you an extended 6-month membership after the current membership ends together with the average benefits per each calendar year of your current membership which you are entitled. Also, we have provided you with the enclosed terms and conditions of our existing members who are eligible for these services.

To obtain the aforementioned services, please give your valued feedback and return to us here: (link to click)

Your kind cooperation in this regard would be highly appreciated.  Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Member Contact Center at 662-352-3000 or [email protected] at any time.

We really hope that the offer shows our great concern for you and finally lives up to your satisfaction.   

Sincerely yours,

Somchai Soongswang (Mr.)
President
Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd.

I received the same letter today by email however in my case as my TE Membership expires in June 2024 and my Passport a month later I would have to get the new PE Visa transferred to my new Passport at Chang Wattana, however they require a TM30 receipt and Udonthani Immigration only issues these if one permanently changes address.

I am unsure If they would accept a Print Screen from the TM30 Application?

I submitted the form for two persons right after receiving the email on Monday but have not received any confirmation or anything. I emailed member service the next day asking when I can expect to receive their reply and/or confirmation and haven't heard back either. Not happy at all.

If anyone here has more details/hears back from them/receives confirmation, please post here. TIA!

The forums working well, people posting new and current information.

I didnt receive this email offer so contacted ThailandElite, they checked, apologised said a technical error affected the emails and sent me a copy of the offer yesterday.

Followed up today and they sent an email confirming the extension was agreed and explaining how the process to attach the visa would happen later this year.

The offer was not seen anywhere else, so if the thread hadn’t been started this 6 month visa extension would have been completely missed.

A big thanks to the OP and others who posted the information here.

7 hours ago, tropicany24 said:

I submitted the form for two persons right after receiving the email on Monday but have not received any confirmation or anything. I emailed member service the next day asking when I can expect to receive their reply and/or confirmation and haven't heard back either. Not happy at all.

If anyone here has more details/hears back from them/receives confirmation, please post here. TIA!

Me neither. Is it all categories of membership? I have the Elite Superiority Extension which expires in 2036.

Following up on my message: I contacted them on Facebook asking why they were not replying to their members--they apologized saying they had a lot of emails lately. They replied to my email soon after that, confirmed the extension and explained that I would need to get a new Elite visa sticker for 6 months either at the arrival at the airport or at the immigration center in Bangkok when there are less than 6 months left of my current Elite visa.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, ch4974 said:

The offer was not seen anywhere else, so if the thread hadn’t been started this 6 month visa extension would have been completely missed.

A big thanks to the OP and others who posted the information here.

Glad to hear that the post served a purpose. 

Just received my welcoming letter today for 20 year SE membership. An additional six months membership has been included. So, I guess for a limited time, this applies to new applications too. ???? 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

Just to confirm guys can you can get this if you are a Elite member and currently staying in Thailand? All membership levels?

You do not have to be in the country to get the extension of your Thai Elite members shilp and current visa.

It can be done for a all memberships except for the old lifetime memberships.

If in the country and your current one year permit to stay is ending you can extend it a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

• 6 months later...

Anyone know the answer to this? It says that the membership is a extra 6 months. I am wondering since I am in country now if I go and get the new 6 month membership sticker placed in the passport in Cheang Wattana will the extension stamp be for 1 year or for until the sticker says only 6 months? Is this a 6 month membership and a 1 year extension or 6 month membership and a 6 month extension?

25 minutes ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

Anyone know the answer to this? It says that the membership is a extra 6 months. I am wondering since I am in country now if I go and get the new 6 month membership sticker placed in the passport in Cheang Wattana will the extension stamp be for 1 year or for until the sticker says only 6 months? Is this a 6 month membership and a 1 year extension or 6 month membership and a 6 month extension?

Not sure how they did the 6 month extensions. I think you might be to late to request it.

I suggest you contact Thai Elite about it. https://www.thailandelite.com/contact-us?locate=en

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how they did the 6 month extensions. I think you might be to late to request it.

I suggest you contact Thai Elite about it. https://www.thailandelite.com/contact-us?locate=en

I called Thailand Elite I have the 6 month extra membership time just need to setup a appointment to go to Chaeng wattana and get it put in. I am just curious when the immigration officer at my local immigration (not in Bangkok) goes to stamp the extension will it be for the extra 6 months or longer and he will stamp it for 1 year? In a way you could get more time then your membership. I thought I heard before of Thailand elite members doing this where they could get a extra year if they did the extension right before the membership expires.

2 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

I called Thailand Elite I have the 6 month extra membership time just need to setup a appointment to go to Chaeng wattana and get it put in. I am just curious when the immigration officer at my local immigration (not in Bangkok) goes to stamp the extension will it be for the extra 6 months or longer and he will stamp it for 1 year? In a way you could get more time then your membership. I thought I heard before of Thailand elite members doing this where they could get a extra year if they did the extension right before the membership expires.

I was in touch with them and they said they credited me the 6 month membership, but I don't see it updated on my member profile in their website, it still shows the previous end date.  How did you get proof that you received the extra 6 months?

1 hour ago, tlock said:

I was in touch with them and they said they credited me the 6 month membership, but I don't see it updated on my member profile in their website, it still shows the previous end date.  How did you get proof that you received the extra 6 months?

In my situation which will be different from others no doubt my 'new' TE visa sticker only lasts for about 2 years - up until the date when my passport expires - so I need to go for a new visa insertion anyway and have been expecting this since I renewed back in November 2019.

I will be getting a new passport sometime this year, perhaps during the summer months.

When I collect the new passport I will then go to Chaeng Wattana and meet a representative of TE by appointment using the concierge service to get the second half of my visa inserted.

I can't imagine them wanting to reissue every TE sticker just to add 6 months without any other reason, perhaps they will extend the memberships on arrival once normality returns in a year or two.

Until then my guess is that going to immigration to get the new sticker is going to be the only option. Use the concierge service for minimal hassle.

1 hour ago, tlock said:

Their profile page is bad. Tried to update my phone number which it did but wouldn't change the country code. Also mine doesn't show the extra 6 months

I phoned them and they confirmed the extra 6 months but didn't update the profile phone country code like they said they would. The letter I received for visa activation shows the additional 6 months.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:51 PM, tlock said:

I called them and they said that it was applied to all members. They sent me a email and it has my profile picture with a date highlighted that shows the new expiration date 6 months more than I had before. I would just message them telling them to confirm your new membership expiration date by email.

Archived