New ThaiChana app ‘solves check-out problem’

snoop1130

New ThaiChana app ‘solves check-out problem’

By The Nation

800_25b8bd162e12da0.png

Eighteen-and-a-half million people have used the new ThaiChana smartphone app to check in and out of 133,694 venues across the country, Polawat Witoolkollachit, inspector-general at the Digital Economy and Society Ministry, said on Monday (June 1).

The app version of the platform had been downloaded by 125,773 smartphone users, while users of both the old platform and the app had checked in and out of venues about 90 million times. The app was developed after shops and users complained that people were neglecting to check out of venues, negating the platform’s effectiveness as a tool for social distancing.

“After we launched the application version, the check in and out ratio increased from 56 per cent to 92 per cent,” said Polawat.

With interprovincial travel allowed again after the third phase of lockdown easing, Polawat asked restaurants and convenience stores in filling stations to register for ThaiChana so the government can collect people’s travel history to trace potential Covid-19 outbreaks.

Meanwhile, he cautioned users that spam received via Apple’s iMessage system is not related to ThaiChana, adding that data from the platform was managed by the Department of Disease Control.

“The iMessage system is different from the SMS system because iMessage can send messages via the internet without using a telephone number, so we urge Apple to solve this issue as soon as possible,” he said. “We advise people to delete such messages and report them to Apple Inc.”

He confirmed that the Android version of the ThaiChana app only recorded check in and out information, adding that the iOS version would be available for download soon.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388889?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-01

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

How am I ever going to meet hot girls if I dont get spam messages telling me if I want to meet hot girls I need to click here?

ThaiChana your my last hope to meet hot girls......

Use the pen and paper … as in the book all the girls behind you can choose any name or number if they go peep in it , as it lye there public to see for all 

So 1 hope more for you ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"Eighteen-and-a-half million people have used the new ThaiChana smartphone app to check in and out of 133,694 venues across the country..."

So, it's widely used now for two weeks. Do we know yet of a single instance of it being used for its stated purpose...to trace and notify people who were in the same place as someone who later tested positive?

You know why? Because for the last two weeks every single new case has been from among Thais who have recently returned from overseas and were in quarantine. There has been no tracing or notifying because there have been no new cases in those locations. Isn't that nice? Of course, there's no guarantee that there won't be a "second wave" of outbreaks, so it would be kind of you to continue to check in and out, and to wear a face mask even though you know you're not infected. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I dislike this app for its obnoxious name alone. "ThaiChana" means "ThaiWin" or, in a broader sense, "ThaiVictory" or "ThaiTriumph". Can't this country ever leave stupid nationalism out of anything? Wouldn't a simple descriptive name, such as a modest "ThaiTrackingApp", or "ThaiCovidTracker", have sufficed? Sigh. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I dislike this app for its obnoxious name alone. "ThaiChana" means "ThaiWin" or, in a broader sense, "ThaiVictory" or "ThaiTriumph". Can't this country ever leave stupid nationalism out of anything? Wouldn't a simple descriptive name, such as a modest "ThaiTrackingApp", or "ThaiCovidTracker", have sufficed? Sigh. 

You know the way it is here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Went to my local indoor talat yesterday, on entry points around the building... nothing.

Inside nothing, people/vendors not wearing masks, food vendors allowing people to sit at crowded tables, no gel or thermometers anywhere, no social distancing, no ThaiChana, no signing in or out.... 

absolutely nothing !

Same for the two large night markets in my area. Now no check-in table for the past three days. 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

adding that data from the platform was managed by the Department of Disease Control.

I  feel so secure!

I wont be using their crapapp or  going to  shops that want it

12 hours ago, RichCor said:

Exactly.

When you sign, add some $$ in your name, and put "Call Me" next to the number.

Im not sure whose  gonna  call as my name is Hugh Janus????. Sometimes my friend Ben Dover tags  along.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Went to my local indoor talat yesterday, on entry points around the building... nothing.

Inside nothing, people/vendors not wearing masks, food vendors allowing people to sit at crowded tables, no gel or thermometers anywhere, no social distancing, no ThaiChana, no signing in or out.... 

absolutely nothing !

Same here, even with Chang bottles on the table, sitting outrside. Back to the old normal. Leo Leo !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deli said:

Same here, even with Chang bottles on the table, sitting outrside. Back to the old normal. Leo Leo !

Why would people keep up the charade if every day the news says no Covid 19 in Thailand save some people who arrived from elsewhere and who are sequestered in their 14-day quarantine? If you say that for 14 days straight, then we have all done our quarantine stretch and we're all clear!

21 hours ago, david555 said:

Pen & Paper it is for me...….????

I went into Thai Watsadu in Ubon, had my temperature checked then the girl pointed to the QR code but I wanted to write it down so she points to a table behind me. Instead of a form, with everybody in chronological order, they had credit card sized bits of paper to write your details on, which then went into a cardboard box, just like a lucky draw.

If it became necessary to contact anybody, they are going to have to sort out a box full of “tickets” to find anybody who was there at a certain time!! 

And no checkout either ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

I went into Thai Watsadu in Ubon, had my temperature checked then the girl pointed to the QR code but I wanted to write it down so she points to a table behind me. Instead of a form, with everybody in chronological order, they had credit card sized bits of paper to write your details on, which then went into a cardboard box, just like a lucky draw.

If it became necessary to contact anybody, they are going to have to sort out a box full of “tickets” to find anybody who was there at a certain time!! 

And no checkout either ......

So you see how it goes in Thailand , if Gov. pleased with my paper version for an eventually lucky draw, OK.for me, if they are pleased, and "the paper version guys" are pleased too , the Q R ones are the lucky ones as they go digital way , they win always as  1 contagious visitor  in example Central Festival with a few hundreds shoppers together …..???? several chances day by day /floor by floor , all in one big quarantine community …… HahaThai's for free , Farang on pay ...????