BANGKOK
ianezy0

Pleasant Surprise when I Received the Electric Bill

Just received my electric bill for the month in my Pratumnak Condo.

281 units used for the month.

I was expecting a bill for approx. 1,200 baht (4.5 Baht per unit)

Total bill = 182.72 Baht!

Thanks Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Huh.

Mine was the same as always around 1,000 b.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

admin may have made a mistake ....  will have to get onto your Pratumnak condo and get them to double check it again

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Total bill sounds like the discount is 182.72 Baht, or as Steve100 said above, it's an error, sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news, ours went down about 400 baht, but there is 6 of us here and our bill was 1145.00 Baht.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Huh.

Mine was the same as always around 1,000 b.

As I remember reading, the government announced a discount for people to help reduce the larger bills with being at home most of the time. They also stated the initial 9 units of water would be free but this must have been for houses because mine was the normal amount.

Sorry, I tried to find the announcement but couldn't find it but I did read it somewhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Total bill sounds like the discount is 182.72 Baht, or as Steve100 said above, it's an error, sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news, ours went down about 400 baht, but there is 6 of us here and our bill was 1145.00 Baht.

Yes not sure 4MyEgo but here is a copy and I did indeed only pay 182 Baht.

IMG_5365.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I used a 100 more units and the bill amount .was the same as may bill to the bhat. Sit looks like I could have used more aircon and the bill would have been the same... Yeah not sure if next month will be the same.. So should I use more or not? Lol 

3 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

I used a 100 more units and the bill amount .was the same as may bill to the bhat. Sit looks like I could have used more aircon and the bill would have been the same... Yeah not sure if next month will be the same.. So should I use more or not? Lol 

Yeah not too sure mate. Others said it could be a mistake. I was hoping to prepare others for good news on their bill but not sure now!!!!??????

Did you get a discount on your last bill? If you did not then they gave you the discount which should have been given last month.

1 minute ago, ripstanley said:

Did you get a discount on your last bill? If you did not then they gave you the discount which should have been given last month.

I did check my last bill. 251 units used and bill was 957 Baht. I couldn't see any discount and the rate is usually around 4.4 to 4.5 Baht per unit. So you could be correct ripstanley?

Saved 658 baht on a 4,346 baht bill:

IMG_5114.JPG.53d0fbfbb813d278433070e877ba2a73.JPG

I'm bewildered. My condo is populated by Thais and farangs with reasonable resources. My electricity bill for May was zero. Invoice said FREE.

My GF's house in a Thai rural village surrounded by rice farms had a bill of 520 baht for May. I would have thought they needed it more than I do. The house actually uses less aircon than I do.

• Confused 1

I don't have a clue what they are up to, our bill ( we didn't get one ) this month, was we had to go to the office where they said the bill this month is the same as last month if usage is higher, which as it turns out it is, so the bill which was 1176 was reduced to 1141 , the same as last month, which was initially 1683 before the discount.

You take the previous bill and they tack on the new bill, which is of course incomprehensible because the print quality is worse than an old ATM receipt, and it is in Thai.

God knows why but the clerk was wearing one of the toy soldier uniforms and was a complete ar*ehole.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I read somewhere that for 1-2 months they will apply the calculation based on the consumption of February. 

I wonder if thats the reason. You will see from the copy of my bill, Feb usage was only 44 units. The place was empty then as I only moved in in April?

• Haha 1