More rain please

sometime

Yeah I thought we were in for a downpour this morning as well. Dark black clouds to the East and a wall of thick storm clouds to the West. Looked like an epic storm brewing.

Couple hours later a few drops splattered down. Not enough to even trickle off the roof. Then it was over and the clouds were pretty much gone.

But hey ! We had water on Khao Noi again ! First time in 3 days (again) only today there was almost normal pressure, enough that twice I went to check to see if I'd left the pump on by mistake.
Which means we probably won't have any water now for another 3 days.

Yes - more rain please !

8 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Better be careful with water... see repair announcement from PWA... 

That reservoir is between Laem Chabang and Amata City, about 11 kms (straigth line) from the top of the Mabprachan reservoir. I guess the pipe they are working on feeds into Mabprachan and then out to the areas listed in the notice.

No big deal. It seems where I am (soi Khao Noi) we've only been getting water once every 3 days as it is. Had it yesterday (decent pressure even for a change). Didn't have it for 3 days (or so) before that. Had it before that for a day (less pressure but enough to top up my tanks and let me do a load of laundry). Didn't have any for a couple days before that.

Double edged sword here though. They want the tourists back in a hurry, but if they come that places an even higher demand on the water and they are having severe shortages as it is.
And that "barely enough to make the road look wet" rain we're having this morning isn't doing much to help.

You see a lot of grey,means fairly clear skies,i mean not must dust.Dust produces the red in the sky.

Have also noticed this at night,Covid 19 is to thank for that.

10 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

That reservoir is between Laem Chabang and Amata City, about 11 kms (straigth line) from the top of the Mabprachan reservoir. I guess the pipe they are working on feeds into Mabprachan and then out to the areas listed in the notice.

No big deal. It seems where I am (soi Khao Noi) we've only been getting water once every 3 days as it is. Had it yesterday (decent pressure even for a change). Didn't have it for 3 days (or so) before that. Had it before that for a day (less pressure but enough to top up my tanks and let me do a load of laundry). Didn't have any for a couple days before that.

Double edged sword here though. They want the tourists back in a hurry, but if they come that places an even higher demand on the water and they are having severe shortages as it is.
And that "barely enough to make the road look wet" rain we're having this morning isn't doing much to help.

But it's rainy season ( at the moment ) so you should have sufficient rainfall ( maybe ) before the tourists return ( date still unknown ) in high season.

They never had a shortage of water issue ( as far as i know ) in the past ( for the tourist areas ).

Thank you.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2020 at 8:23 PM, Kerryd said:

Couple hours later a few drops splattered down. Not enough to even trickle off the roof. Then it was over and the clouds were pretty much gone.

There was a couple of hours of rain central/noth Pattaya from about 9.40 - just after I  hung the washing out......555

More like a persistent drizzle.

Then had a sudden downpour, quite heavy, at around 6.40pm for 10/15 minutes or so. 

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

As you well know the government can seed the clouds and produce rain whenever it wants. Or so it has intimated. I always believe what the government says. Don't you? : )

There has to be a certain level of moisture in the air before they start seeding the clouds, wont do it on a bright sunny day!

The seeding planes have been out this morning from Utapao, just returned to base, so i will expect a shower this afternoon here in Ban Chang area in an hour or two, can see it building now.

Edited by LennyW

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

As you well know the government can seed the clouds and produce rain whenever it wants. Or so it has intimated. I always believe what the government says. Don't you? : )

Well, there has to be clouds first and they have in fact been seeding them, but mostly in the farming areas of Isaan it seems. (It doesn't make the English language news too often as most expats could care less about such matters.)

Months ago they were saying this is the worst drought since 2012 and now maybe it's worse than that. 

I seem to recall back then there were some threads about the drought. Like how old shrines and the ruins of old temples were being discovered as the water levels dropped and pictures of how low the levels were behind some dams and in some reservoirs.

I recall mentioning how it was the same almost every year, first it rains and everywhere floods. Then the rains end and a couple months later everywhere is running out of water. 
Then the rains come and all the news stories are (again) about all the flooding.

Like the ones about them using boats in the Chao Praya river to try and force the water into the Gulf faster so that Bangkok wouldn't flood (quite as bad).
Then a year later it was the PM asking farmers to not plant a second rice crop because there wasn't enough water in the system (dams/reservoirs) to feed all the agricultural needs.

Today is day 2 with no water on the Darkside (again). Probably won't have any tomorrow either but maybe will get some on the 4th (if they finish working on that pipe at the reservoir near Laem Chabang that is). Not going to hold my breath.

I thought we were in for a storm yesterday though. 3 different layers of clouds above Pattaya. Thin dark clouds high up, big fluffy white clouds in the middle and some low, fast moving dark ones low down.
Barely a drop of rain from them though.

Probably wouldn't be "seeded" anyways as a lot of the rain would have probably ended up in the Gulf if they did.

it has rained almost every day here in Rayong rural, dogs are filthy from running around in the  garden mud. They are loving it. Grass is growing at some high Warp Factor.  At least its a bit cooler and thank the Lord we brought the tumble dryer from the UK when  we moved.  I nearly left it behind.  

On 6/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

They never had a shortage of water issue ( as far as i know ) in the past ( for the tourist areas ).

My wife who is only 40 tells me about droughts they had in Isan when she was young (age 10-13) that were so bad her brothers (2) and sisters (2) and some of their spouses had to leave and find work elsewhere to feed everyone.  The crops were so bad they had very little food and no rice to sell. This lasted 3-4 years followed by some of the worst floods. Last year there was drought in some areas, not so much in others. This year has only 'just' begun (when you consider the 'normal' rain season).

On 6/2/2020 at 10:39 PM, Kerryd said:

Well, there has to be clouds first and they have in fact been seeding them, but mostly in the farming areas of Isaan it seems. (It doesn't make the English language news too often as most expats could care less about such matters.)

Months ago they were saying this is the worst drought since 2012 and now maybe it's worse than that. 

I seem to recall back then there were some threads about the drought. Like how old shrines and the ruins of old temples were being discovered as the water levels dropped and pictures of how low the levels were behind some dams and in some reservoirs.

I recall mentioning how it was the same almost every year, first it rains and everywhere floods. Then the rains end and a couple months later everywhere is running out of water. 
Then the rains come and all the news stories are (again) about all the flooding.

Like the ones about them using boats in the Chao Praya river to try and force the water into the Gulf faster so that Bangkok wouldn't flood (quite as bad).
Then a year later it was the PM asking farmers to not plant a second rice crop because there wasn't enough water in the system (dams/reservoirs) to feed all the agricultural needs.

Today is day 2 with no water on the Darkside (again). Probably won't have any tomorrow either but maybe will get some on the 4th (if they finish working on that pipe at the reservoir near Laem Chabang that is). Not going to hold my breath.

I thought we were in for a storm yesterday though. 3 different layers of clouds above Pattaya. Thin dark clouds high up, big fluffy white clouds in the middle and some low, fast moving dark ones low down.
Barely a drop of rain from them though.

Probably wouldn't be "seeded" anyways as a lot of the rain would have probably ended up in the Gulf if they did.

Good luck to you. It must be very difficult without water.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, LennyW said:

There has to be a certain level of moisture in the air before they start seeding the clouds, wont do it on a bright sunny day!

The seeding planes have been out this morning from Utapao, just returned to base, so i will expect a shower this afternoon here in Ban Chang area in an hour or two, can see it building now.

You can really see the immediate effects? Hope you get rain mak mak.