BANGKOK
snoop1130

Thailand races to create COVID vaccine, eyes possible medical tourism boost

I see the knee jerk Thailand bashers are out in force this morning. We are all in this frightful pandemic together and we can only overcome it if we fight it together - not each other.

• Haha 2

$$$$$$$$ at any price comes in mind.....incredible rushing for a vaccine …,probably taking risks to get as quick they can to the medical hub dream , reflecting it takes years to develop a vaccine in normal  circumstances ….not only to save the gov. thresaury(s) 

• Like 1

A rushed vaccine from Thailand?  I don't want it,

• Like 1

Thailand as a cheap affordable choice for Medical Tourism is over..the continued strength of the THB saw to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

The difference won't be that big, I hardly know any healthy Farang. 

Your circle of aquaintances must be very small then. 

• Like 1

How many monkeys have contracted covid19?

Seriously though, its commendable but like reinventing the wheel with so much work happening all around the world...

Perhaps the tourists will have to be vaccinated with thai produced vaccines?

Yes there are currently 0 mRNA vaccines approved for human use.  Why do all these countries keep saying they are social close to having a vaccine when it has never been done before?  SARS MERS etc.... no vaccine at all.  This virus will weaken.  A virus does not want to kill its host, just replicate and spread.

• Like 1

The best Thai doctors were trained in the West. I do not see much from Thailand in the home grown medical sector.

Having said that, I have had three operations done here, all at Bunrungrad, and the lead doctor in all thre were trained in the USA.

• Like 1

Says a lot when the fools in charge see a vaccine as primarily a making money activity. I suppose all the junta politicians are now dreaming of their own 18 Rolexes. 

8 hours ago, bodga said:

Thais  can't  count, theyre No.1 .Unfortunately they forgot the 60 in front of that, witness any shop and your change calculation. Then they don't trust themselves by counting it often 3 times.

I  like to  play along with the stupidity by counting it  out to them 1 2 3 4 twice then watch as they repeat it,  oh  dear.

I asked a metal shop to make me something the other day, what  followed was painful, gave them the sizes in "mm" they hadn't a clue I had to translate it into CM, just painful.

So why are you living in a country with "stupid people" all around ?

• Like 2

So how does Thailand expect to be first to develop a vaccine? Brown envelopes to test subjects?

Reading this article one can sense the total inferiority complex that Thailand experiences.

With this type of government we can only agree.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Agreed, but don't you get sick of the constant "we are going to /will" cure this, find this, revolutionise this /that and everything else - - Thai's need to grow-up, they are not the hub of all intelligence..... even if they believe they are. 

The AIDS cure was rather amusing !!

Just now, Moo 2 said:

Reading this article one can sense the total inferiority complex that Thailand experiences.

With this type of government we can only agree.

Its for exactly this reason that we see the phenomenon of "Thai face" and an overly nationalistic air of superiority.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, timendres said:

The premise being that I would spend $1,500 on a plane ticket to get a $20 vaccine?

After 14 days B&B