BANGKOK
snoop1130

Thailand races to create COVID vaccine, eyes possible medical tourism boost

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Bionet-Asia, a local firm working with the government and a top Bangkok university."

Yea right, no idea what university they are referring to but the top Thai University in world global rankings comes out at 601 and thats "Mahidol University." 

Dreamland again. Any vaccine is likely to come from the UK, USA, Europe and possibly Japan or Indida. Thailand is noted for plastic surgery. Inflating or jacking up women's chests etc. But for real cutting edge R&D. they are nowhere. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has a good healthcare system, good medical practices. It will garner a lot of interest from tourists and investors and boost us as a medical hub," he said.

At what Price ? Make an Affordable Insurance Company In Thailand for Foreign  people & Expats. Before advertising How good the System is.

• Like 1

It's funny they believe they can develop a vaccine when they have had over 4 times the cases of dengue fever in the past 2 months then they have of Covid19 in 5 months but yet they haven't made a vaccine for that.......Wonder why?

Just now, Patts said:

It's funny they believe they can develop a vaccine when they have had over 4 times the cases of dengue fever in the past 2 months then they have of Covid19 in 5 months but yet they haven't made a vaccine for that.......Wonder why?

Same reason that the world has never been able to develop a malaria vaccine.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

My cabinet maker for my massive teakwood kitchen had never seen a carpenters square...the drawers didn't fit well because the angles were not in 90 degree's which i showed him with my square...

Thai are insanely unprofessional, you better do it all yourself.

Wouldn't be so bad if they were honest about if they can do a job, rather then lying to save "losing face"

Edited by Patts

1 hour ago, Patts said:

High risk. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_vaccine

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Ahh thats what ive been missing, some good old Thai bashing.

Thailand like all countries has some smart people and some not so smart people, I work with some extremely talented mechanical engineers (Thai) so one should not tar them all with the stupid brush.

Unfortunately if you look at their world university rankings and ,more tellingly,their position in the PISA educational tables, you’re going to need a very much bigger brush to cover the stupid category.

• Haha 1

Feel sorry for the monkeys they are using for the tests what a waste, and with a unsuccesfull outcome I would suspect.

Metal workshops work in MM not CM. What are you talking about ?

Anyone who thinks Thai researchers can make a vaccine for anything must be smoking crack. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jiggo said:

Feel sorry for the monkeys they are using for the tests what a waste, and with a unsuccesfull outcome I would suspect.

meat on a stick anybody ?

I hope they are successful with the vaccine.  The world needs a success story with this!