Thai Consulates are still closed - plans to re-open this year?

1 hour ago, johnmell said:

Hopefully when neighbour countries borders are open, they can distinguish between people with foreign passports who havent travelled from Europe, etc. If international flights are still banned in those countries and Thailand, it would be impossible to come from there.

While optimistic to think this might occur as early as July/August, there is a possible circumstance that might make crossing one or more land borders relatively painless. Should, say, Thailand and Laos have similar border controls, this might allow a bubble between the two countries where regular controls on entry are waived in favour of more liberal ones. I do not think immigration at land crossings are likely to be asked to verify the travel history of each arrival to see if they should be allowed to enter. Either travelling from the origin country to Thailand will be considered "safe" so far as Covid-19 is concerned, or default conditions (probably onerous) will be enforced.

Yeah the NYC consulate isn't open as well. I have been calling them every business day to see if they are. They've been posting non stop on facebook and their posting about sending Thai citizens back every week. So I ended up contacting the Washington DC one by email and phone. They've been decent with the replies they asked me for all my documents by email for the certificate of entry for work permit holders and the new visa. They told me they weren't issuing new visas either at the moment. They told me they would have to send everything to Bangkok to get it approved then they could issue the visa after someone in Bangkok approves it all. 

41 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Some maybe open within that country, OZ International borders are closed and will be for sometime yet, and then only selected countries will apply , like NZ and Sing. 

Actually they are not closed. If a person can get ticket for a flight out they can still leave. The only restirction is for arrivals.

image.png.80a46ed36dd4360bc2c7c9b7995e9f0f.png

Source and more info is here by clicking Australia on the map here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

16 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Depending on your particular circumstances you may be required to apply for an exemption to leave Australia.

Of course you also need a country willing to accept you, unless your plan is to live in a transit airport.....Changi

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

That appears to be more for traveling within Australia to go to an airport. I suspect it would be easy to get one.

Edit: Went a little further on the website for info about applying for an exemption and found this.

"Read the information below before you submit your enquiry

If you meet the following criteria you do not need to apply for an exemption:

• people ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia
  • people whose travel is associated with essential work at offshore facilities
  • people engaged in the day to day conduct of outbound and inbound freight
  • people travelling on official Government business (including members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF))
  • airline and maritime crew and associated safety workers"

Source: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

Edited by ubonjoe

Some talk of Thailand being included in a OZ tourist bubble (As they call it ) along with Sing, NZ and Taiwan , as concessions for unelected heads of state are hard to find these days out of Canberra, I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.