BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Pennsylvania woman allegedly kept grandma's corpse in freezer for 15 years, collected Social Security checks: reports

A Pennsylvania woman was arrested Wednesday for allegedly keeping her dead grandmother in a freezer

for 15 years while the family continued collecting her Social Security checks, according to reports.

The grandmother, Glenora Reckord Delahay, died in March 2004 in Ardmore, about 10 miles northwest of

Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. She was 97.

Delahay’s 61-year-old granddaughter, Cynthia Carolyn Black, allegedly told police she kept her grandma’s

corpse because the family needed the money from her Social Security checks.

She also claimed she had moved the freezer to Dillsburg, more than 100 miles west of Ardmore, in 2007,

the Patriot-News reported, citing state police.

Police discovered the body in February 2019 while responding to a report regarding human remains inside

a Warrington Township home.

FULL ARTICLE

• Sad 1

Just now, impulse said:

Gosh, reading the recent story about the 84 year old Brit, I was led by a lot of posters to believe that only Thai families did stuff like this.

Tortured & starved until she died at 97. Sick! Where did you read that at BTW?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

put filters in their computer data base that raise flags

They've been saying they're going to do that forever. I remember the stories about the 115 year olds on SS when I was a kid.

I remember on my grandparents' checks it said "Deceased? Please check the box and put in mailbox". I guess when the money's tight, that gets harder to do.

They've been able to do it here in Thailand though. They were putting the brakes on some bloated school budgets, when they found too many 45 year old Mattayom (high school) students who had been attending for 30 years.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes!   Currently the oldest person in the US is 114 and change.  Without the discovery I wonder if the SSA would have prepared some sort of ceremony in a few years if the other guy had kicked off.  

could be that tentative SSA-initiated ceremony was building up, but there was no granny smile available

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I remember on my grandparents' checks it said "Deceased? Please check the box and put in mailbox". I guess when the money's tight, that gets harder to do.

They've been able to do it here in Thailand though.

so; by putting these two points together:

-  now surmise for the 2nd point... them for years saying 'Yes' then magically from some point, Changed to 'No' 😮  

2 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

What brand of freezer was she in

Still working after 15 years  😱

GE probably...............Granny Everlasting................

• Haha 1

And still registered to vote???

RIP Mrs. Delahay and may your granddaughter be justly treated.

• Like 2