health insurance for Marriage Visa with granted Re entry Permit

I need Help

My Thai wife had to make an urgent visit to Thailand because her sister had been killed in a road traffic accident.

I was due to follow then Covid Struck.

I am on a Non Imm Marriage Visa with granted Re Entry Permit that I understand has been extended due to Covid.

Do I need Health Insurance?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

To my knowlage, you don't need health insurance for a marriage visa. 

I'm sure someone with better knowlage than me will confirm this. 

Saying that, we don't know what the requirements will be after the new norm is established. 

You would be wise to have some form of insurance for your own protection. 

Edited by northsouthdevide

I am not clear if what you have is a multile-entry non-O visa, or an extension of stay based on marriage with a re-entry permit. Which is it?

In either case nothing has been extended in terms of visas or extensions of stay for people out of the country. The automatic extension is only for people stuck in Thailand due to the travel ban. So if your extension of stay has expired, or if the validity date for your visa has expired, wither way you have to start over with a new non-O visa.

I do not know if these are being issued now, as foreigners are not currently allowed to enter the country; need to ask nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate.

Non-O visa does nto require health insurance. However it is possible there will be a health insurance requirement when they do start letting foreigners enter the country, too soon to say.

If you are in the country health insurance is not required to apply for another extension based upon marriage.

If you outside of Thailand you may need insurance for covid 19 with a coverage of $100,000 to enter the country. Until at least July 1st you will not be able to enter the country since passenger flights are not allowed.

• Thanks 1

I suspect you have a an extension based on marriage with a re-entry permit.

At the present time International passenger flights are still suspended.

What date does your permission of stay on the extension end.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are in the country health insurance is not required to apply for another extension based upon marriage.

If you outside of Thailand you may need insurance for covid 19 with a coverage of $100,000 to enter the country. Until at least July 1st you will not be able to enter the country since passenger flights are not allowed.

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I suspect you have a an extension based on marriage with a re-entry permit.

At the present time International passenger flights are still suspended.

What date does your permission of stay on the extension end.

Thank you

Yes I have an extension based on marriage RE Entry Permit valid until 21April 2020.

Was due to fly 29_March then Covid intruded.

My understanding was that the amnesty covered Re Entry Permit

being extended.

the Thai Consulate in Liverpool said that going back with my Re

Entry Permit would allow me to apply for a  further extension or the issue of a new Visa at Immigration in Thailand.

1 hour ago, FGPG said:

Thank you

Yes I have an extension based on marriage RE Entry Permit valid until 21April 2020.

being extended.

the Thai Consulate in Liverpool said that going back with my Re

Entry Permit would allow me to apply for a  further extension or the issue of a new Visa at Immigration in Thailand.

As others have said, your extension finished on the 21st April, and as the re-entry is tied to the extension end date, the re-entry is also not valid. The Thai Consulate are wrong on this.

Also contrary to your belief, the amnesty only applies to certain people inside Thailand at this time. So sadly you will need to start the process of entry into Thailand all over again, but this will probably not be possible for 2-3 months at the earliest, so you have time to figure out what is your best course of action to achieve this. I'm sure others will be along to give you some hints on this.

Good luck.

Edited by thainet

10 hours ago, FGPG said:

being extended.

What is written in the ministerial notice is only for those that have permanent residency in Thailand. 

image.png.e1b9058df75058c4630dd2829641ac83.png

You are on a temporary permit to stay not a resident.

10 hours ago, FGPG said:

being extended.

The validity of your re-entry permit is tied to your extension expiry date (21stApril 2020).

Had you been able to fly on 29th March, you would have been granted permission of stay only until 21st April.

You will have to start again with an Non Imm O Visa in order to obtain any further annual extensions based on marriage.

I'm assuming from your first post you and your wife reside in the UK, but visit Thailand.

Depending on the frequency and duration of those visits, you may not even need a new Visa.

We can suggest alternatives if we know a little more about the duration of your visits to Thailand.