Trump vows to end protests; tear gas fired on protesters near White House

webfact

After the massive failure in response to Covid, and now this, Trump really should resign now, and admit he is in way too far over his head, rather than run for re-election. And Mnuchin should finally be arrested. Conway, Pompeo, Esper, and the other grossly incompetent members of the administration should also quit in disgrace, and admit they simply failed the American people, on a historic and monumental level. 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2020 at 10:33 AM, Somtamnication said:

So he gases PEACEFUL protesters by the church across the street from the White House, walks over, holds the bible up, click, photo taken, walks back to the WH and with bangs heard in the background, he declares himself a law and order president.

Surreal, innit?

How terribly christian of this hypocrite. Does not even have the desc ency to notify the bishop of the church of the intention to purloin the building for photo-op. Carrying a bible was the crowning glory of tone deaf behaviours.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Yes, video is 4 years old. Are you trying to say George Floyd was the first and only black person killed by police in US? So whatever happened more than a week ago is completely irrelevant to you?

Racism is cancer of America and has been for many years.

Jeeze... up until about a decade ago, I thought the US was the best place for a mixed community.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

Jeeze... up until about a decade ago, I thought the US was the best place for a mixed community.

Hundreds of years of inequality, systemic government failure failure, and a culture of "othering" people, not only by colour. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Do they represent the protesters? No, they're pathetic street level larcenists

What proof do you have they didn't pay for the items?? What you see black guys carrying merchandise and think them larcenists, some of your leftie buds would call that racist.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

some of your leftie buds would call that racist.

I vote for a party whose manifesto I like. Could be centre right or centre left (by Australian  definition). Last general election I voted centre right.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

He should.

But he won't.

If he loses he goes to prison.

He won't leave voluntarily if he loses. He has nothing to lose by trying to hang on. He's already set it up to label the election rigged.

He's obviously grooming some generals to fight for him.

People in the world looking for a model for democracy have already learned not to look to the USA.

If he isn't somehow removed, this is the end of American democracy.

I not only blame him but all the complicit ones, his fans, almost all the elected republican officials most of whom know what a disaster he is but live in fear of his mean tweets.

This is truly sick. One bizarre demagogue taking down a once great country.

"People in the world looking for a model for democracy have already learned not to look to the USA"

Those people will have a long long search, which even might take a couple of generations...

Just do a Google for "new south wales police brutality" and you will see what has been happening the past couple of days. Democracy? Democracy indeed! I need an Amulet to find that in my life time. Who is fooling whom, honestly?

4 hours ago, Opl said:

Trump says he went to White House bunker to 'inspect' it - not because of protests

"The president also denied that tear gas was used on peaceful protesters outside a historic church in Washington DC, to clear way for him to stage a photo opportunity"

He does revisionist history the speedy way.

He knows his "alternative facts" cult of personality base laps it up. 

Fiction writers could never have come up with a character like 45.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/03/salman-rushdie-ive-seen-dictators-rise-fall-beware-america/

Salman Rushdie: I’ve seen dictators rise and fall. Beware, America.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He knows his "alternative facts" cult of personality base laps it up. 

In 2016, 81% of evangelicals and 52% of Catholics voted for him. 

"'He wears the armor of God': evangelicals hail Trump's church photo op"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/03/donald-trump-church-photo-op-evangelicals?CMP=share_btn_tw

White evangelical support for Donald Trump is still at 73 percent,

"focusing on the disconnect between Trump's personal actions and the moral aspects of their faith misses the issue that keeps their support firm: racism. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/white-evangelicals-love-trump-aren-t-confused-about-why-no-ncna1046826

Edited by Opl

It is a pity that everything has to be absolute what concern Mr. Trump. 

There seems no way  where an opponent of Mr. Trump can admit he is doing something good, sometimes;

neither can a partisan acknowledge that sometimes Mr. Trump is wrong in his actions and decisions. 

8 hours ago, Opl said:

Trump says he went to White House bunker to 'inspect' it - not because of protests

"The president also denied that tear gas was used on peaceful protesters outside a historic church in Washington DC, to clear way for him to stage a photo opportunity"

Yes, bunker boy didn't actually poop his pants, he was just checking their capacity.

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You quoted an uncorrected version. 

He is trying to show you which part of the sentence is hard for him to understand. In his attempt to understand your sentence, he cut it short to show only that part he could not understand.

Edited by rabas

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You quoted an uncorrected version. 

Still unclear for me, but not really important.

The world will soon see who the majority of the Americans wish to have as president.

We, in Belgium, are once again confronted with the usual circus,

still no official government 1 year after elections.

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Still unclear for me, but not really important.

The world will soon see who the majority of the Americans wish to have as president.

We, in Belgium, are once again confronted with the usual circus,

still no official government 1 year after elections.

You're assuming three things that Americans can't assume anymore. 

That there will be an election in November. 

That such an election will be fair. 

That 45 will voluntarily leave office if he loses. 

I will add that 45 didn't receive majority support even in 2016. If he manages to legitimately win this year he again won't be getting majority support. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, rabas said:

He is trying to show you which part of the sentence is hard for him to understand. In his attempt to understand your sentence, he cut it short to show only that part he could not understand.

No. 

He quoted my first version of that post that I quickly edited to correct. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You're assuming three things that Americans can't assume anymore. 

That there will be an election in November. 

That such an election will be fair. 

That 45 will voluntarily leave office if he loses. 

Nah, the election will happen. An overreach like that would put off even his most loyal sycophants.

Fair election - hasn't been one in decades.

Voluntarily leave - oh HELL no, he won't go for fear of spending time in an orange jumpsuit at the grey bar hotel.