Trump vows to end protests; tear gas fired on protesters near White House

webfact

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Some might. 

Mine didn't. 

I've never met a white person that mentioned theirs did. 

In any case black parents really need to because its a fact that black people are stopped more often, searched more often, and murdered more often by the police. 

That is true because police hassle Black folks  more than they do White folks. It is also true they are just as liable to execute a White person once in possesion as they are a Black person. It's not a racial thing so much as it is a cop thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

WOW. One single meme example out of hundreds of millions of people. No wonder you  quote CNN so often.

There are many more of white guys getting special privilege and COUNTLESS recorded events of POC getting screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

...and you seem to be daft as a bucket full of sand!

....would ...maybe...if...

There are no white people riots, because white people don't need to riot!

And for the women- vote: care to explain, who was oppressing these white women?

Naaaaaaaaaaah.....

Why do Black people need to riot?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

And with all the rot in politics, one could even speculate that far right white supremacists could be disguised in such gatherings as antifas or whatever just to manipulate public opinion ?

Antifa could disguise themselves are far righters who pretend to be Antifa and join in the riots just to manipulate public opinion ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why do Black people need to riot?

REALLY?!? 

Are you honestly asking that? Do you have no idea of the violent, ugly history of the Civil War, the protests required so blacks could sit in the front of the bus or eat in a restaurant with whites? How it cost them at the time ~$150 just to vote when they were finally allowed to?

And to be absolutely clear - they are PROTESTING, not rioting. The agitators come in to distract simple minded people.

Edited by J Town
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, J Town said:

REALLY?!? 

Are you honestly asking that? Do you have no idea of the violent, ugly history of the Civil War, the protests required so blacks could sit in the front of the bus or eat in a restaurant with whites? How it cost them at the time ~$150 just to vote when they were finally allowed to?

I was talking about today , not about history .

I was speaking in a present sense, not a past sense 

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

I was talking about today , not about history .

I was speaking in a present sense, not a past sense 

Again, they are not RIOTING, they are PROTESTING cuz they're getting killed. Past AND present. Big difference!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, J Town said:

REALLY?!? 

And to be absolutely clear - they are PROTESTING, not rioting. The agitators come in to distract simple minded people.

Exactly Trump's point, from his speech, cut out by some of your MSM.

My administration is fully committed that for George and his family justice will be served. He will not have died in vain,” Trump said. “We cannot let the righteous cries of peaceful protesters to be drown out by an angry mob. The biggest victims of the rioting are peace-loving citizens in our poorest communities, and as their president, I will fight to keep them safe.”

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/trump-threatens-to-deploy-military-as-george-floyd-protests-continue-to-shake-the-us.html

Amazing how hypocritical the US is. Supports protests in Hk but not in USA. Threatens sanctions etc if China imposes national security laws in Hk but is ok using the military against protesters in the USA.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/hong-kong-leader-calls-out-national-security-double-standards.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

And with all the rot in politics, one could even speculate that far right white supremacists could be disguised in such gatherings as antifas or whatever just to manipulate public opinion ? 

Oh please, they were not white supremacists dressed up as antifa, it was Antifa outright:

"On Sunday night, New York's top terrorism cop, Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller, detailed his office's analysis and investigation into why the New York City protests have become so violent and damaging at times.

"No. 1, before the protests began," Miller said, "organizers of certain anarchist groups set out to raise bail money and people who would be responsible to be raising bail money, they set out to recruit medics and medical teams with gear to deploy in anticipation of violent interactions with police."

He added, "They prepared to commit property damage and directed people who were following them that this should be done selectively and only in wealthier areas or at high-end stores run by corporate entities."

"And they developed a complex network of bicycle scouts to move ahead of demonstrators in different directions of where police were and where police were not for purposes of being able to direct groups from the larger group to places where they could commit acts of vandalism including the torching of police vehicles and Molotov cocktails where they thought officers would not be."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/law-enforcement-plays-catch-stop-violence-radical-groups-protests-n1220486

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Lesson? He'll get both of them fired. Reality is that both of these gentlemen would be better presidents than the man hiding in the bunker. And his next election opponent. Presidents are there to show leadership, unite people, put the well-being of the citizens first. They don't send army on their own people. Despearate dictators trying to cling to power do that.

That said - I am absolutely not supporting the lawless gangs smashing, burning and robbing anything that they can get their hands on.

hiding with his fräulein

1 minute ago, J Town said:

Again, they are not RIOTING, they are PROTESTING cuz they're getting killed. Past AND present. Big difference!

Quite a few of them are indeed rioting .

The mans killers, the Police man has been arrested and charged with murder .

Why is there a need to continue with the riots and violence and protests even ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

There are left extremists as well. It's all sickening, and by the posts defending this as a non-racist protest, it just shows how absolutely divided this whole issue has become.

That's why I said 'partly'.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What is the possibility that elements of the right wing, basically hijacked the protests, and turned them violent, which then encouraged the rampant looting and rioting. It would not take much with the powder keg environment, the anger towards law enforcement that already existed throughout the US, and the graphic Floyd murder caught on video. The more I consider the possibility, the more it makes sense. It feeds right into trumps agenda. Distract from a massive Covid failure, and a stagnant, do nothing presidency at this point, and make himself look strong and decisive. Could have been sponsored by elements from within the administration, to any of the national security agencies, even the CIA or NSA. Who knows? The protests sure started out peaceful, and quickly degenerated.

Makes one wonder. These days in America, I believe anything like this kind of thing is possible. It is then so easy to blame the black man, the people of color, the poor and the others. By casting blame, they do not attempt to fix anything, address the inherent issues, discuss the inherent issues, or make lives better. 

Is there anything more cynical, than Trump using force to disperse protestors in front of the White House, to walk across the street to a church, and hold up a bible? As if he was a man of God? Wonders never cease. 

this was my thinking as well, Trump is sitting in the white house watching this with glee.  he relishes this opportunity

Edited by malibukid
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1