Trump vows to end protests; tear gas fired on protesters near White House

webfact

1 minute ago, J Town said:

You cherry picked the sweet parts of this quote. Where it started to get crazy:

"As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers."

There's a WHOLE lot more to that Rose Garden diatribe that legal scholars say are outright lies and not legal for a president to say or do.

And I would bet my bottom dollar he had nothing to do with writing most of it.

That's the part the MSM selectively reported to you. Here is the complete speech from the people who will go into the streets.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/active-duty-troops-could-deploy-on-washington-streets-to-stop-protests-1.632074

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, J Town said:

And I would bet my bottom dollar he had nothing to do with writing most of it.

Yes, the  nice and pleasant things written in his speech were probably written by someone else , but all the unpleasant things in his speech were written by him 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Violent protests and disorder and looting  are indeed a problem , not sure how anyone could deny that

this energy needs a unifying leader or it will become a self defeating failure.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, lannarebirth said:

OMG! Don't you get it? There's just as many or more White, Asian and Hispanic Americans suffering from the same economic inequality.

You couldn't be more wrong. If you really believe that, then you're part of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, malibukid said:

And the only way we're gonna get that from an egocentric child like Trump is if a grownup pulled his pants down, put him over his knees, spanked his orange but bright red and shoved him in front of a teleprompter.

Oh heck, who am I kidding. He'll revert right back to his hideous self once he and his phone is doing executive time. 

13 minutes ago, malibukid said:

Well, you're right about a lack of leadership. Obviously there is none coming from the white house. But it's not Biden either. I suppose it's possible if picks the right African American woman VP soon, his ticket in general could be it. Of course Obama couldn't fix the structural racism, but who knows, maybe just maybe a white elder paired up with a fiery black woman might be able to do what he couldn't?!?

Kind of like how it needed a republican (Nixon) to open up China when a democrat couldn't because they would have been red baited. 

Obama unfortunately correctly felt he could barely even mention race because then he would be accused of being only the president for black people.

But the world has changed since then.

Now we have a president who's clearly the president only for racist white people.

Biden (with his VP at his side) as a white man can talk about race and fixing the race divide till the cows come home! I hope he steps up!

Edited by Jingthing

Here's why nobody should be hitching their wagon to Trump. Faced with a crime, not of his making, and a justice system steered toward authorities not under his jurisdiction, he should have condemned them from the first minute. No skin off his nose. Even most of his base might see that.

Joe Biden, sexual assaulter though he is, knows at least to call out sexual assault as long as it doesn't lead back to himself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

We all know he won't. 

45 is all about winning a base election with another minority of votes. 

He figures his racist fascist personal is his only hope of that. 

If he loses he likely goes to prison. 

His motivation is purely about himself. 

I see you've kicked off your election campaigning in earnest. You and the Democrats are savouring the pandemic and the rioting, hoping that finally Trump will fall. There's only one problem with that fantasy. You need someone with half a brain to replace him. That's the way you win an election. Not by praying for someone's demise, but putting up a good candidate with good ideas to beat him.

I suggest you stock up on tissues for November to last 4 years, after you lose yet again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, malibukid said:

China's got to be loving the hypocrisy while protesters are getting gassed. 

Large numbers of police are being shot as we speak, check REUTERS.

What would China do?

Other states are reporting some shootings.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

That's the part the MSM selectively reported to you. <SNIP>

I watched the full speech broadcast live on MSM here in Australia. Which MSM outlets only broadcast selected clips from trump's speech in their main news broadcasts?

You may be interested to know the OZ government are going to raise the issue of US police assaulting Oz TV crews with the trump administration - they are very unimpressed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J Town said:

You couldn't be more wrong. If you really believe that, then you're part of the problem.

I encourage you to look at some poverty statistics in America. While it may be true that African Americans, per capita are more impoverished, it is not even close to true that they are the  most impoverished Americans. That of course is an entirely seperate issue to their unjust treatment by the police/justice system.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why do Black people need to riot?

There's a book called "Black Like Me", by John Howard Griffin. It's the real-life account of a white man who darkened his skin to pass for black, then went traveling through various areas of America. Read it, and you'll get an answer to your question.

There's an irony that has kept educated blacks amused for decades. Some of the most racist and hate-filled white people actually have an ancestor who passed for white one or two centuries ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I watched the full speech broadcast live on MSM here in Australia. Which MSM outlets only broadcast selected clips from trump's speech in their main news broadcasts?

I have been speaking of Google searchable translations from my first comment on the subject.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Biden irresponsibly fanned the flame of hysteria by attacking Trumps plan to send in the military.

All for partisanship and personal gain.

Biden really acted in a rogue manner in this conflict.

Biden is scum. That said Trump shouldn't be threatening to send in the military. You can't get more Third World than that.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I see you've kicked off your election campaigning in earnest. You and the Democrats are savouring the pandemic and the rioting, hoping that finally Trump will fall. There's only one problem with that fantasy. You need someone with half a brain to replace him. That's the way you win an election. Not by praying for someone's demise, but putting up a good candidate with good ideas to beat him.

I suggest you stock up on tissues for November to last 4 years, after you lose yet again.

In Trump years there's about 900 months before the election.

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There's a book called "Black Like Me", by John Howard Griffin. It's the real-life account of a white man who darkened his skin to pass for black, then went traveling through various areas of America. Read it, and you'll get an answer to your question.

There's an irony that has kept educated blacks amused for decades. Some of the most racist and hate-filled white people actually have an ancestor who passed for white one or two centuries ago.

Read it in 7th grade.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

Large numbers of police are being shot as we speak, check REUTERS.

What would China do?

Other states are reporting some shootings.

There was Tianamen Square in the past but as far as I'm aware China didn't  send in troops to confront the HK protesters. Imagine the uproar from the USA and western powers if they had. I wonder if any countries will raise the treatment of US protesters in the UN. Maybe China will impose sanctions ? 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Be careful what you wish for. If Trump gets in again, I'm predicting tyranny. There'll be no stopping him in a second term.

The upside is that may foment a revolution. This democracy is getting a little bit long in the tooth. Most, if not all never last this long. It may be time to hit the refresh key.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1