My visa ran out do I need yo go immigration

has the actual visa that you obtained in another country expired or the 90 day permission to stay stamp you got on arrival in Thailand, what date does your permission to stay expire

Edited by steve187

Not sure what you have.

If you have a non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate you do not need to do any at immigration or leave the country until shortly before July 31st when your 90 day entry ends.

If on extension of stay based upon marriage issued by immigration you need to apply for your extension before it expires. You do not need to do 90 day reports until after July 31st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what you have.

If you have a non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate you do not need to do any at immigration or leave the country until shortly before July 31st when your 90 day entry ends.

If on extension of stay based upon marriage issued by immigration you need to apply for your extension before it expires. You do not need to do 90 day reports until after July 31st.

I was on a non o marriage which ran out March 21 I got another 60 days till may 21 

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

has the actual visa that you obtained in another country expired or the 90 day permission to stay stamp you got on arrival in Thailand, what date does your permission to stay expire

I was on a non o marriage which ran out March 21 I got another 60 days till may 21 

I intrude on the discussion because reading doubts have come to me, I have an annual extension based on the marriage that expires on June 26 I wanted to understand if it automatically extends until July 31 or do I have to go to immigration to extend the permit?  thanks

4 minutes ago, Ef70 said:

I intrude on the discussion because reading doubts have come to me, I have an annual extension based on the marriage that expires on June 26 I wanted to understand if it automatically extends until July 31 or do I have to go to immigration to extend the permit?  thanks

I read online at time it was automatically extended or words to that effect to stop over crowding 

3 minutes ago, miniganger said:

You do not have to do anything until on or before July 31st.

Since you have already used the 60 day extension you will have to leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry if your non-o visa is a multiple entry.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you have already used the 60 day extension you will have to leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry if your non-o visa is a multiple entry.

I have to leave the country to get a new multiple entry

Thanks Joe you do a great job

3 hours ago, Ef70 said:

you need to do the extension as normal on or before the 26th June,  so you need to think about doing it soon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ef70 said:

If you wish to stay long term in Thailand you must renew as usual. It is possible that if you do not renew before June 26 you will be unable to renew and must exit Thailand once the border opens 

I haven’t heard about anyone trying to renew late either good or bad.

If you are going to leave Thailand once the borders open you don’t need to do anything.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But this won't be possible until the borders re-open, and it will also depend on neighboring countries too. Although it's too early to say now, but what do you think the chances are they might renew this amnesty, at least for another 1-2 months, given that by July 31 there may only be a limited range of travel options, even if it's easier than now. With this talk of "travel bubbles" at first, it seems unlikely that normal travel will resume in just under 2 months from now, unless the Thai authorities expect you to depart for say Myanmar (assuming they have re-opened by then) and will let you back in without difficulty afterwards.

Edited by drbeach
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, miniganger said:

I have to leave the country to get a new multiple entry

Thanks Joe you do a great job

Same as me, but that would mean July 31. Unlike you, I haven't done the 60 day extension yet but I won't be bothering with it, given i get the amnesty and the extension would take me until August 2, just 2 days beyond the amnesty deadline, so there's no point. I'm awaiting the announcement of a further extension of the amnesty, as I think there will still be some difficulties with travel during July...

4 minutes ago, drbeach said:

But this won't be possible until the borders re-open, and it will also depend on neighboring countries too. Although it's too early to say now, but what do you think the chances are they might renew this amnesty, at least for another 1-2 months, given that by July 31 there may only be a limited range of travel options, even if it's easier than now. With this talk of "travel bubbles" at first, it seems unlikely that normal travel will resume in just under 2 months from now, unless the Thai authorities expect you to depart for say Myanmar (assuming they have re-opened by then) and will let you back in without difficulty afterwards.

They may extend the ministerial notice again if the borders crossings are not open and theri are still limited flights out of the country.

I cannot predict what they will do.

If not extended then you may be able to get a letter from your embassy and apply for a special 30 day extension. You would probably need proof you are unable to leave the country.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Same as me, but that would mean July 31. Unlike you, I haven't done the 60 day extension yet but I won't be bothering with it, given i get the amnesty and the extension would take me until August 2, just 2 days beyond the amnesty deadline, so there's no point. I

If you cannot leave the country on or before July 31st you could apply for the 60 day extension on or before that day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what you have.

Ubon Joe

My friend would like to move to another province. What paperwork would he require ? Old & new address ? Is this free or do you need to pay for the change of address ? 

6 minutes ago, Stimo said:

My friend would like to move to another province. What paperwork would he require ? Old & new address ? Is this free or do you need to pay for the change of address ? 

Unless he needs to do something at immigration there is no need to do a change of address.

If he needs to change his address he may need to do TM30 report and/or TM27 address change. He would need proof of his residence such as rental agreement and etc.

There is no fee for a change of address.

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Annual extensions are not covered by the amnesty. 

According to the Thai Immigration information leaflet posted above they are. It specifically mentions "all types of visa". 

(please note the following is my opinion on what this leaflet means)

If your extension expires in the period from May 1 to July 31, the extension is not required until after July 31 and "once the situation has resolved". This leaves the option of further amnesty after July 31. As everyone cannot get an extension on the same day, they will likely have some way to deal with this. My guess is they will offer a window of time (perhaps 2 weeks or so) in which to complete the application for extension, after July 31 and once the situation has resolved.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you wish to stay long term in Thailand you must renew as usual. It is possible that if you do not renew before June 26 you will be unable to renew and must exit Thailand once the border opens 

I haven’t heard about anyone trying to renew late either good or bad.

If you are going to leave Thailand once the borders open you don’t need to do anything.

I have read some saying they were allowed to apply late and/or "would be allowed" to do so, but I would not count on this.  Better to do it on time. 

13 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It does not cover everything. Annual extensions are not covered by the amnesty. 

It doesn't say what happens on July 31 if the borders to countries where we can get Non-O-MEs or new entries on them are still closed, either.

18 hours ago, drbeach said:

Same as me, but that would mean July 31. Unlike you, I haven't done the 60 day extension yet but I won't be bothering with it, given i get the amnesty and the extension would take me until August 2, just 2 days beyond the amnesty deadline, so there's no point. I'm awaiting the announcement of a further extension of the amnesty, as I think there will still be some difficulties with travel during July...

Yes - we really don't know what will be up with making Visa trips at this point.  I am also on a Non-O-ME entry.  If no good news by July 10 or so, I am planning to find the nearest country that will let me in - even if I have to qurantine on arrival. 

It's ironic - I have a Thai work-permit and well over the required income for a marriage-extension, but may become a "digital nomad" working from Vietnam or somewhere, because Immigration (Chiang Wattana) make it nearly impossible to get an extension based on income, now - and BOI will not process an extension for someone here on a Non-O marriage-based visa-entry.

Edited by JackThompson

14 hours ago, Max69xl said:

14 hours ago, Max69xl said:
19 hours ago, lowbo said:

This should clarify ALL of the misinformation expats throw out...

1587708155929.jpg

You are wrong all permissions to stay are covered. The poster of the  graphic above should have included the one under.BA443A9F-DF7D-4BE1-822D-008CC41C6FE0.thumb.jpeg.2489c0af692a3ec3121f3e352c6451d7.jpeg

this includes annual extensions.

BUT there is no guarantee that anyone who stays beyond the permission to stay into the amnesty period will be able to get any kind of extension beyond the end of the amnesty period.

SO yes annual extensions are included BUT you may have to exit Thailand once the amnesty period (it may be extended again) finishes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There is no guarantee that you can apply for an extension late.

All immigration offices are open and processing extensions normally. If you have an annual extension that is expiring and you wish to stay in Thailand you should renew as normal.

If you do not Renew you may have to leave, and as the conditions for return are not at all clear you may not be able to return for a long time.

With emphasis on "may". 

I fit into this category, with an annual retirement extension that expires in July. I will go to renew on time just in case your "may" becomes "definitely".

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you cannot leave the country on or before July 31st you could apply for the 60 day extension on or before that day.

Even if my original stamp has already expired? And this is assuming there's no further extension of the amnesty, of course.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They may extend the ministerial notice again if the borders crossings are not open and theri are still limited flights out of the country.

I cannot predict what they will do.

If not extended then you may be able to get a letter from your embassy and apply for a special 30 day extension. You would probably need proof you are unable to leave the country.

I see. Well let's hope they continue with the generous amnesty rather than going back to complicated methods like an embassy letter. My gut feeling is I don't see a return to normal border crossings during July, so an extension of a month or two, seems likely. I don't see another 3 month extension, since it doesn't look like it will take that long for normal travel to resume...